Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad you are alright Ekua! Root canal all done! Sorry about the cost...do they not cover that at your work? My work insurance covers dental costs, thank god! We use to not have it, but they decided to buy insurance for a good incentive to stay!

I saw this tik tok of a lady who did the lion king song where the whole world was singing because Trump is gone.

I can't imagine traveling right now, even if they pay me to go. I actually think there are countries doing that to support their tourism. I totally get it, that they need the business, but I wish there was another way, without having to infect anyone!

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-26-2021, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Ekua you have no idea of my thoughts on politics ( other then my concern for the jobs lost on the pipeline which I regret posting since so much in the political arena is complex and I know all too well the majority of people have their views solidly in place and don’t want to hear other views and I can be guilty of that too of course which is why I try very hard not to post my political views here ) are or on many things besides JB and my family doings. I will go back to silence in that regard here which I have always thought best ❤️

Last edited by podmom; 01-26-2021 at 05:30 PM
Old 01-26-2021, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

I was wrong in that I have mentioned a bit that I am a moderate and can see both sides of issues on each political spectrum. I feel like I said that very recently. OK now just back to fun stuff.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Aubie no, my insurance here is pretty bad! Makes me so thankful that we are covered in the UK no matter what....although dental is not completely covered so I’d still have to pay if I went home. I want to keep my teeth though....so needs must!! But when I go back next week i'll definitely feel more relaxed. I also have an infected spider bite on my knee...all fun for me right now!

Podmom sorry, I didn’t mean you need to be silent! Of course not. You are entitled to your opinions and views as much as anyone. Sorry if that didn’t come across. And I know I have strong opinions, I am guilty of that But I do see your point with the pipeline. But equally the other too. It’s not something I’ve read enough about though so can't say either way what I think...I hope you know I respect you a lot.

Looks like we will be back at school next week...fingers crossed!

Last edited by Ekua; 01-26-2021 at 11:37 PM
Old 01-29-2021, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Ekua I hope you get back to in school next week!

everyone!
Old 01-30-2021, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Oh my goodness a spider bite!!! Hope you’re ok!!

Been super overwhelmed lately and broke down today. My hubby surprised me with flowers.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend though!

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-30-2021, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

We didn't mean to shut you down Podmom, it's interesting to learn other sides to the story and everyone is entitled to their own opinions about things.

Ekua glad your tooth troubles are behind you, sorry it was pricey. Mr ML is going to embark on another tooth implant later in February. It's a very long (and pricey) process. But as you say, you need teeth, they are a requirement! I'm glad he's brave enough to do this (he had one that didn't work out before). What's that saying? "After 60, it's patch, patch, patch."

Big snow storm heading our way - maybe a foot, maybe half that much. We've been fairly snow free this winter, and I think people forgot how to drive in snow, as the last snow we got, there were a lot of car accidents. Mlette is supposed to come over Tuesday (after the big snow), I hope she'll have a place to park. It's been really cold and I've been staying in the house a lot (too much).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-31-2021, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah Aubie it was so strange as I didn't feel anything biting me. But it got very swollen and painful...then as soon as I started taking antibiotics it started to get better but looked gross!

Thank you MyrnaLynne...it will take a lot more visits to the dentist to get it sorted but feeling so much more calm about it now!

My wee ones are back tomorrow! I am so excited to see them again!

Aubie that was sweet of your hubby. I hope you are feeling less stressed now? MyrnaLynne I hope the snow is not too bad!!
Old 02-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Yeah we just had snow last week here too. Luckily with the lockdown the roads are not as busy but lots of accidents still.

Yes, i feel a little better. Just feel like all i'm doing is work and home, so it's really taking a toll on me mentally. And my work just keeps piling on more stuff at me and i can't handle it anymore, but i can't complain because i'm lucky to have a job...sigh

That sounds exciting to see your kiddies again!!! Glad the bite is also healing!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-05-2021, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Remember to take time for yourself though Aubie. Very important to put your mental health first, especially during this surreal and strange time.

It's been an exhausting but lovely first week back with my wee ones! I am lucky to have such a wonderful wee bunch of kids - I seem to spend most of my day laughing with them!

Happy weekend everyone
Old 02-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Happy weekend!

Ekua wonderful that your wee ones give you so much joy and laughter. Sorry the dental stuff still has more to go.

The snow wasn't too bad here, but further north or inland, they got a lot more snow. Can't really complain at all about the weather this winter.

Aubie, hugs because you are feeling overwhelmed. It's such a crazy time (and even in normal times, work and home can be overwhelming!)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-07-2021, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I am very lucky. I do love my job....most days!! Sometimes I think I care too much, but maybe that's not a bad thing...

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend! It was a friends birthday so a group of us stayed at a hotel in the city and lounged by the pool then went out to a bar for dinner....alcohol ban here (any excuse!) but a lot of places still serve it 'hidden,' (served in plastic cups or teapots ) and call it 'special soda.' And everything closes at 11 pm...but still....better than most I know.

Getting ready for Chinese New Year this Friday....need a dress!
Old 02-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Thank you so much team!!

I totally love my job too, but that week just go super overwhelming, but I feel a little better now.

Lovely to hear about your parties Ekua! I think i'll just live vicariously through you these days. So funny about the whole alcohol ban!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-08-2021, 05:08 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you..!! I know how lucky I am to live the way I do here....but not being able to go home is hard....I feel bad complaining about that especially when things are so difficult for everyone else.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Aww love that gif!

You absolutely have the right to complain and not seeing your family!! My gosh i dont know what i would do if i couldn't see mine even if its just from the doorway!

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread