Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

I hope so too

I have never seen one...cool pix!!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

BA posted about the kids not sleeping so I assume they're fine or she'd have mention an earthquake!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Yea...that's good!

When we had that 6 quake around here...strongest in DC where EM was.... there wasn't any severe damage but still that shaking feeling is very weird remember I got Viv and I off the island "just in case" a big wave came.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

That must have been scary!

Mr ML mentioned Hurricane Sandy, and I had forgotten all about it already! We were lucky up here but so much devastation - and that's what messed up Podmom's haven at the beach too. And I just heard there was a huge fire on one of the boardwalks in NJ that had just rebuilt and burned up a lot of things.

Ooo, wasn't sure where to post this, but in Friday's Boston Metro newspaper, granted in the 'gossip' section called 'The Word' was an item about Katherine Heigl: "Katherine Heigl's got a bad reputation" -

Katherine Heigl's reputation is keeping her from working, it seems. According to several film and TV insiders, Heigl is too difficult and demanding to work with, telling the HOllywood Reporter that casting the former "Grey's Anatomy" actress is "not worth it." A source from her 2010 "Life as We Know It" says, "She can cost you time every single day of shooting. Wardrobe issues, not getting out of the trailer, questioning the script every single day." And the TV executive says Heigl's reputation kept her out of consideration for a role in a new series. "On manylevels, she would have been perfect for the role, but all of us said, 'She's not worth it," the exec says."

WOW, I always got the impression KH was a bit of a diva (which is why I was glad she and Jason broke up and found other people) - guess I was right!

LOL, when Mr ML saw it in the paper he said "I figured you'd want 2 copies" (because of it being 'Roswell' related).

To be fair, the columnist (Dorothy Robinson) did go on and say Poor Katherine Heigl: Charlie Sheen can practically have s*x with prostitutes, smoke crack, and then beat those prostiutes, all while on set -- and get rehired -- but having the intelligence to question one line in a script will have you branded for life." True about the double standard, but also sounds like it's not 'one line' if it's something every single day.

Might also be backlash over the whole 'Grey's Anatomy' thing that went on awhile back, where she spoke out about it. She tends to speak out about lots of things.
A gal who speaks her mind. Still remember her being snooty about working in TV/on Roswell because she was a 'film actress'. lah-dee-dah. (fine films like "Bride of Chucky" - cough)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 09-14-2013 at 08:48 AM
Old 09-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I am not surprised about KH.......like it was mentioned, she always appeared to be a big diva.....
Jason was lucky to get away from her.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Guess she won't be turning up in anything major any time soon then!

I hate the double standards in Hollywood.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Well, despite what that gossip woman said, in Sept 20 Entertainment Weekly last page (bullseye section) is says Katherine Heigl was signed to a new NBC CIA drama!

But I do still think she's a bit of a diva...

Oh wait, I just told MLette about that, and she said she thought KH and her mother were producing the show themselves! Can't find work - hire yourself!

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 09-15-2013 at 07:40 AM
Old 09-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

So sad about yet another deranged gunman, this time in Washington, DC. I don't know what's gotten into people/going on in the world lately. Whatever you are unhappy about, shooting strangers isn't going to make it better!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I saw a 'Rick Steves' show visiting Wales and then Liverpool. Even after watching a lot of 'Torchwood' I had no idea how beautiful Wales was! (I know Torres was there recently.) Didn't realize Welsh was still the 'first language' there and they are trying hard to preserve it.

All the Beatle-related tourist stuff in Liverpool looked like fun, too. And almost any American whose ancestors took a boat to America probably sailed out of Liverpool, too.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Wales is lovely and they have LOADS of Castles!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yes, he showed some of the Castles, which King Edward built to conquer the Welsh and keep them in line - so now they have a lot of lovely castles. I love that they are such big singers and I didn't know they were poets too, but makes sense - guy said it wouldn't be weird at all for a guy to show up at work on Monday and recite some poetry he'd written to his work mates!

That Rick Steves seems like such a nice guy - sort of reminds me of a minister, only his ministry is world travel!

LOL, and the Scottish guy, he asked 'Are you Scottish first and British second' and he said "I'm Scottish first and Scottish second.' The Scotts have an interesting feisty history.Big military tradition there. And because John Knox said everyone should be literate, to read the Bible, the Scots at one time were the most literate and educated people in the world. Interesting. Lots of clever engineers and such (like Scotty on Star Trek - lol). Plus the whole cool kilt and bagpipe thing... lol. The frugal thing is funny too - the guide showed cannonballs and said, of course, we would go out and pick them up after the battle, and use them again.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Wales is so on my wish list to see! Thomas is my mothers maiden name and is from the Welsh part of my ancestry. Oh I love the singing. Judy Collins has a lovely song called How Can I Keep From Singing with a male Welsh chorus singing with her. Beautiful...Enya does that song too.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Passionate Fan

So I just watched the first episode of Shield and who's name popped up- Aaron Behr. Granted it was a one of appearance but well done to him
Old 09-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Huh, I didn't know Aaron was on 'The Shield'! Good for him! I always get 'The Shield' and 'The Wire' mixed up. Alex O'Loughlin was on one of those shows before he got the vampire show; now he has Hawaii 5-0. I tried to watch it again, as it's on before 'Blue Bloods' and I thought we could watch it waiting for that other show but, no, it's really terrible! Lots of shooting and explosions and bad acting and pointless violence - makes Hawaii look like a terrible place, when actually it's very peaceful there. But I'm happy he finaly has a show that stays on the air. And the guy from Heroes, Masi Oka, is the coronary/science guy on that show, and they just added Chi McBride, who was in "Pushing Daisies' and is very good too. Oh and of course Daniel Day Kim, from "Lost". Still an awful show. The bad guy, Wo Fat, is Mark Decostas from the IRon Chef (and DWTS).

So excited MLette will be working days this week and we can watch DWTS together!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

That's cool that there are some Welshmen in your family tree PodMom. Love Judy Collins' music. There was a male choir singing on that travel show I saw and it was nice.

Huh, just found out one of my FB friends, an actor/comedian type in LA, was an extra in the season opener of 'Big Bang Theory'! He was in the party scene with Leonard on the ship, but he was way off to one side and hidden by a bigger guy, and you could only see a glimpse of arm and hair and beard! (I called it up online and looked for him after he mentioned it.) He was SO excited to be in that show, and then you couldn't see him! Oh well, that's show biz! He still gets paid for it, and that's the bottom line.

It's so funny, we started watching TBBT this summer in reruns (from various seasons) and now, seeing the current one, I thought "Gee, they all look a different/older" I read they were asking for $1 million per episode to continue; not sure if that means they don't want to continue, or if they think it's such a hit, the network will pay up. A million dollars a week - that's better than winning the lottery!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread