Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2018, 06:18 AM
Elite Fan

I know...but I think it’s also very important to remember there’s a lot of good happening in the world, and people doing amazing things every day. It’s just unfortunate ‘happy’ news doesn’t sell!

Travel again....I also want to visit Bruges in Belgium; it’s supposed to be lovely. And Seville...Rome...Madrid...my list is endless!

Oh and New Orleans...it looks so interesting.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yes it is very important to pay attention to the good and to be a doer of good whenever you can...that really fills one up

Your Scotland is high up on my list!!
Old 06-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yes come to Scotland! It is really beautiful (when the weather is good!) and there's so much to see. The islands off the north coast have stunning beaches; white sand, crystal clear waters and there's lots of 'old stuff,' to see The old town here in Edinburgh is still all cobbled streets with tiny alleyways and underground dungeons.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw a show...Who Do You Think You Are? They were in Edinburgh and I thought of you and I've seen many shows that tour Scotland plus I could go to the town my relatives came from I need to look it up but I have a postcard sent to a relative back in the 30s that has the name of it. So beautiful ayour country nd yes lots of really old stuff plus you all speak English....always a plus.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Oh when you find out tell me; I wonder if i'll know of it!! Right now it's actually lovely and warm and sunny which of course makes it all so much nicer! And it's pretty cool you can see the caste from pretty much anywhere in the centre.

In August we have the Fringe Festival which is the biggest international arts/comedy/music/theater event in Europe. It lasts for a month and is insanely busy but usually a lot of fun.

in theory we speak English but people in the North and the Islands have strange accents....sometimes I can't even understand them!

Have you been to Israel and Bethlehem (Palestine)? I had an amazing trip there; floating in the Dead Sea, visiting the Wailing Wall, walking the path Jesus (allegedly) took on his way to his crucifixion, going to Palestine to visit the Church of the Nativity...I’d love to go back and do it all again!

Last edited by Ekua; 06-25-2018 at 01:29 PM
Old 07-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

My gosh I thought I’ve written in this board. I’ve been so busy at work since i got back from holidays staring at a screen again at home is tiring. Unless its the tv. Lol.

Boston was amazing! We did the duck tour and the swan boat and walked alot!!!! My feet still hurts.

Ibiza sounds amazing Ekua!! Glad you went for holidays!!

Lisa is in London right now. So jealous she gets to go there alot now to visit cause she knows people.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds amazing Aubie! I was only in Boston for one day years ago; definitely would love to go back!

I’m not a big fan of London....I like the touristy areas just! Haha. Edinburgh is so much nicer
Old 07-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Oh seeing Isreal would be amazing Ekua maybe you actually have been everywhere

Glad you had fun in Boston aubie good to see you back here

Dropping off my news ( other news on JOFs that isn't this interesting)

here is my big news that happened today .... while I was talking to Emily this morning she went to the bathroom and there was blood. SO she went to dr....the blood was because she has started to dilate...only 1 Cm this morning. Sent her home saying come back if she gets nervous about the blood or if gets labor pains close together. Dr said she wouldn't be surprised to see her back at midnight. SO we are not going back to OC to see the kids in the 4th of July little parade they are decorating their scooters to be in but are packed and ready to drive to DC when she goes to hospital. It might be a July 4th baby after all ( her due date)
Old 07-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Podmom I wish! So many places to visit!! High on my list is Columbia, it looks amanzing! Also Rwanda to see the mountain gorillas....that’s my dream. India...the Philippines...oh and New Orleans!

Oh exciting Podmom! Excited to hear news!
Old 07-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

The baby is coming! The baby is coming! So exciting! I saw your patriotic grandkids on FB - they are adorable!
Welcome back from Boston aubie - not a big city, but a lot of walking! Did you like the Swan Boats? I took my kids on them and thought they were the most boring things on earth, paddling really slowly over not much of a pond.

You are a traveller, Ekua! I agree, being such a person of faith, PodMom would love Israel. My best friend took a ?church tour there and really loved it. I went there in the summer with a youth group while I was in high school, but it was with a more Jewish perspective And a very long time ago, now! I'd like to go there with Mr ML some day (he likes warm climates).

Going to MLette and John's to see if we can see fireworks (not Boston, but a nearby town to them) from their balcony, and maybe have dinner/hang out. They spent the earlier part of the day swimmin in the pool at John's parents' house, keeping cool. Equal time on the holiday. Aside from that, we're doing nothing (we are non-grillers, which people seem to do on the 4th, grill hot dogs and hamburgers). Mostly staying by the AC and reading today. We are having a heat wave here (which should end on Friday, I hope!)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-06-2018, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

The Swan boat was pretty boring, but when we found out that it's been there since 1700's we were like...whaaattt? That's insane!

Yay!!!!! Baby!!! What a way to celebrate!

I loved Edinburgh! Really want to take the hubby there one day! I love how I use to pronounce it Edin-burg but when we got there they said it's Edin-bruh.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Hi girls ❤️ So baby missed being a 4th of July baby by about 6 hours of. She ... Margot... born around 6:20 July 5th. She is of course beautiful 👶 blond like parents. Looks mostly like daddy which I have found to be the case in many first babies. Natures way of proving fatherhood 😉 very grateful that mom and baby doing well!
Old 07-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Master Fan

Margot, what a beautiful name! Yes, some evolutionary thing that first babies look like the (cave) dad, so they stick around. Well now she can have a day to herself and not have to share her birthday with the whole United States of America.

Congratulations!

I would love to see Scotland some day, also. And Vancouver! So many places we've never been. I've been interested in Iceland for quite awhile (since I typed a report about it and found it so fascinating). Its not that far from Boston (as the airplane flies) but Mr ML is skittish about flying.

So hoping those boys in Thailand get out of that cave safely! They've been there so long already. I heard today one of the rescue guys drowned. Prayers for those young guys (who can't swim) and their brave soccer coach!

MLette and I are going to see the 'Aladdin' Broadway (touring) show in Boston! I think it will be great fun, and that show has such great songs. Must stifle myself and not sing along...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Aww congrats Podmom that’s lovely news! And yes, better she waited until the 5th! Never nice to share a birthday with a big holiday!

Yeah Aubie it’s Edin-bruh! So many people say Edin-borough! No idea where the extra sounds/letters come from!

Oh MyrnaLynne Aladdin should be good. It’s my favourite Disney after The Lion King!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

The problem will be me trying not to sing along during the show! I'll be biting my lips together. A WHOLE NEW WORLD... LA LALAH

I think it will be very fun and colorful, and I hope we got better seats this time (so we can actually see the show) than when Mr ML and I went to see 'Motown: The musical" and I had to move to an empty seat across the aisle to see around the HEADS in front of us (that were bopping side to side to the music, making it even harder to look between heads).

Well, we have a town called Worcester (England does too) and it's pronounced "Woo-ster" so lots of letters than don't sound like anything! We always laugh at the new news people on the radio mispronouncing towns until they get the hang of it!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread