Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

My sister-in-law Barbara made a career of teaching pre-K and K in the city schools here. Plus Mlette's friend Andrea (who is getting married June 30) is a teacher in or administers a daycare school. It's not a bad business/much needed to get the kids off to a good start.

Oh, PodMom is right, meeting men in Thailand would be much harder, (um except for Thai guys) and if you want to settle down and start a family, Scotland is probably the place for you to be. All good points. Thailand seems more of an 'experience' than a permanent home/career/location.

And having family about is a definite plus. I feel so bad my son is ~1500 miles away (and living with a sickly mean girl - sigh).

I thought I wanted to move away to somewhere warm and cheaper to live etc, but we are realizing we want to stay close to our daughter. And every time I look at those lovely developments in Florida, then another hurricane-potential storm pops up!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

ML about staying near your daughter....so glad you are finally listening to me so the best decision. Florida has alligators and lots of bugs and it is crazy hot much of the year and lots of old ppl driving around. Only plus is taxes.

Off to Liz's today (speaking of daughters living...pretty close being a blessing) going to the pool then this weekend heading to the beach house to put up the blinds that came.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend...and aubie that you are having a lovely vacation!!!!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Yes, hurricanes in FL are the main problem (as well as the HEAT and HUMIDITY). I can't stand the humidity especially. We're having a hot/humid day here and I put on the (window) ACs first thing and closed everything up and I'm trying to keep cool.

We looked at one of those 'life care' places (independent living, then assisted living, then nursing care when you need it) in New Hampshire (favorable taxes/no taxes up there) but it was super duper expensive. We couldn't afford it. I thought Mr ML was going to faint. Well, I thought he'd faint when I suggested New Hampshire, which is NORTH of here (so therefore, according to him, must be much colder, have more snow). He's so funny. Oh well, we'll keep looking at different options.

We can always take a winter vacation someplace warm, without having to move there year round, too.

Two of our very old neighbors around the corner passed away and both of their homes (not fixed up at all) recently sold for north of a million dollars so.. we really need to sell this place and move!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I’m on holiday too; in Ibiza (one of the Balearic Islands off the coast of Spain). I’ve done nothing apart from read, swim in the sea/pool, sunbathe and drink cocktails It’s been bliss!

I did venture out last night to explore the old town which was lovely....then I had some tapas...even better!
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread