New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

That’s going to be such a fun trip!

I just booked 5 days on a Spanish island for June! Going alone as friends busy, can’t get away from work but I have to take 2 and a half weeks paid holiday before September, so thought I might as well! Beach, pool, sun and a wee bit exploring....can’t wait!
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Spanish island vacation sounds lovely Ekua!

And aubie is coming to Boston! I hope it finally warms up by June, it's been so cold here, although everything finally has leaves and is flowering. Very pretty right now! Oh gosh, Marathon Bombing was the worst possible time to visit EVER!

Had a nice Mother's Day with Mlette - she got me a purse I wanted - it has pink and purple octopuses (octopi) all over it!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

ohhh that sounds like fun Ekua!! Enjoy! I'd love to go on a solo trip one day! Just to experience it. but i'd miss my hubby and wish he was there the whole time.

Yeah I'll be in your hood ML! Any places to recommend to visit?

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Thank you! Although I wish I had a hubby to go with!
Old 05-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

aubie that is something that you were in Boston during that tragic bombing glad you made it back for a fun visit. Wow I think of you so young...Happy 40th to your hubbie. Of course 40 is way young to me

So ladies today is the anniversary of my dear sisters suicide. It is hard but good that I was babysitting while Liz and Walter went to a wedding this weekend. Podad and I did the kids. So we were very busy. They flew home in the afternoon on Sunday and Walter had a lovely video for Liz for mothers day which we all enjoyed and I got sweet cards made and wrapped from the kids and presents from Liz for the new beach house. Very sweet. Now very busy with the baby shower for Emily Sunday plus Emily and I go to one for her friend Saturday.

so I have been frantically dealing with that. My BIL went from his sons place in DC to Liz Monday and today and coming here tomorrow till Friday. He will help with prep and of course it is VERY hard to be with him without Linda.

If you go to my face book pg Emily posted a pic of me at 21 at the edge of the grand canyon and her pregnant last week at the edge of the canyon with a sweet note.

I am dealing with the last phases of the new beach house too...a lot...so why I am MIA....I look forward to some LaLa time soon

On a much lighter note I chose to relax with of all things a DVD I made years ago of the Roswell pilot and Busted...so I have been watching Roswell for the first time in years and it holds up. Jason and Shiri just carried this show. Their acting is amazing...the writing of the pilot was stellar. A nice distraction.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Podmom I don’t think I can say anything else except I’m thinking if you.

Love the pic!! You were a hottie!

I went to the Grand Canyon years ago....I’d love to go back and explore it more!
Old 05-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Ekua not much to say but that says it all thanks!

Thanks for the hottie comment too and for checking that out...very sweet of you

We are to move our stuff....plus I need to buy some mattresses too....to the new beach house May 26....yikes....so much happening on that front these last few weeks on top of the shower extravaganza

Can't wait to get back here and fool around with you guys.....maybe Jason will do something amazing....like show up

Old 05-18-2018, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Awww podmom I didn't know about your sister. I'm so sorry.
Sounds like you are super busy!! Happy belated Mothers day too!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

So Royal wedding tomorrow So crazy how people are celebrating and camping outside on the streets to see them! People have flown over from Australia, Canada, USA just to be in London on the day! Insane!
Old 05-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I watched it! I thought Meghan looked stunning; her dress was perfect! I loved the gospel choir singing Stand By Me....beautiful! And the black American preacher quoting Martin Luther King was amazing...the look on the Duke of Edinburgh’s (Prince Philip) face! I think his exuberance shocked the older members of the Royal Family!

It was a lovely service though....beautiful music. Meghan’s mum looked amazing; she was such a proud Mama!!!
Old 05-20-2018, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Aubie the Duckboat tours are a fun (but pricey) way to see the city (and river) and learn about Boston. Depends what you like. Nice Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardner museum (smaller). Fanuel Hall/Quincy Market is popular tourist place.

Ekua agree with all you said about the Royal Wedding! I didn't want to get up at 4 a.m. to watch it live, so I watched a recap of it from 8-10 pm that night. Her mother was lovely, the old royals looked shocked at lively preacher, the cellist and gospel choir were perfect. Such a happy couple, and seem like such nice outstanding people who want to do good in the world. Her dress was stunning and suited her, very plain and simple, though a comentator said all the various flora of the British commonwealth were embroidered all around the edges of the (loong) veil. Would have liked to seen more of the details.

I have a mug from Kate and William's wedding, and a matching style mug from Queen's 65th anniversary as Queen - waiting for my Harry & Meghan mug and then we (daughter, sister-in-law, and me) can have 'Royal Tea' now and again. Also got commemorative tins of Scottish Shortbreads for both occasions - I'm sure one for this wedding will be forthcoming (and purchased, and devoured, along with tea).

Oh and Princess Charlotte waving to the crowd was sooo cute. She looks so much like the Queen, her great-grandmama and already has mastered 'the royal wave.'
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

The official photos are beautiful....so gorgeous!

Yes MyrnaLynne I wish we’d seen the veil up close too! It had all the flowers of the commonwealth on it

I loved the look on the boy’s face when the trumpets started as he was holding her veil to walk down the aisle - brilliant! The American kids must have found the whole thing surreal! The music was lovely throughout - playing Diana’s favourite hymn was such a nice touch (also played at her funeral), and William telling Harry to remember what mum used to say as they were waiting for Megan. She looked so incredibly calm, composed and ridiculously happy!

I hope they don’t do to Meghan what they did to Diana. Meghan has already had to give up her career, her UN and charity work, her blog, her social media and her American citizenship. There’s something about her I love - I hope she is able to remain true to herself!

Last edited by Ekua; 05-21-2018 at 01:30 PM
Old 05-23-2018, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

The wedding photos are so nice. Charlotte and George are soooo adorable! I totally forgot they have a new brother! I keep thinking it's still just the two of them. Too bad Louis is too young to be in it.

Thanks for the tips ML! I did look into the duck tours, so we'll see if we get good weather and book then. I'm surprising my hubby to a VIP tour of the TD Garden because he loves the Bruins.

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yes they're adorable!! I love how confident Charlotte appears to be in front of the press, public - waving, smiling etc. yet George seems so shy! Bless.

I love how all the children just followed her down the aisle holding hands - it was so relaxed and natural looking.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

I saw quite a bit of the Wedding but it was the same weekend as the 2 showers....I DVRd it and Emily and I got to watch a bit Saturday morning so that was nice

I liked her dress and especially the veil too.

I wish them the best

So moving this Saturday and will be in the house with no wyfi till we get hooked up with Comcast but I will try to pop in on my phone....this has been a long busy few weeks.

Have about a month till the new baby comes...that is the next big thing.

I need to see the rest of the wedding fun. I love Will Kate and their kids too.