Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2019, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yes Podmom very annoying! Of course it’s lovely but it makes me feel a little useless sometimes! That’s on me though.

That sounds amazing Podmom

Yay Eagles!
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

oh us moms can be very annoying... I hear how periodically....not with giving money though

I'm excited for you and your mom!

It was a really nail biter game...down to 1 point

I am going to the beach tomorrow....I'm having 2 girlfriends there for a GF weekend. Gotta clean up there and get ready. One lives far away and is a dear friend ( she is who I took painting lessons from and taught me so much plus we are just good friends and she had to move away almost 20 years ago) the other lives here and has been friends with the other friend since they were young mothers. I'm excited to have them. I might not be here as much for a few days but I will try.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Hope you had a lovely weekend at the beach! I miss the beach!

It was birthday on Friday so had a busy weekend! Dinner out on Friday and Sat, brunch, massages....fun!! Helped me ignore me age!
Old 01-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Yay Eagles. Mr ML is watching the Patriots football right now and they are really beating that other team (and happy about it). I've been following basketball, and as usual, my support is the kiss of death and they've suddenly started to play really badly! They were down in Florida, playing in Miami and Orlando (I wonder if they got to go to the theme parks?). Plus the guy I like most on the team broke his hand, had surgery on it, and has been sitting on the bench for weeks and weeks. I've always hated sports, so it's a new experience to enjoy it and get into it, and wear my Celtics shirt to watch the games and shake my green washcloth!

That's wonderful PodMom that you're going to Disney! (Even if you have to pay your way - LOL) We went there on our honeymoon and I've been thinking I'd like to go back - it's much cheaper than Universal, where we took MLette and her boyfriend last winter while we were in Florida, and I didn't really enjoy that much - too much walking (in the wrong direcdtion) and aside from the Harry Potter part, nothing much that interested me.

It's so funny, I finally gave away my fanny pack I've had for years and years (mainly because I'm too big around to snap it comfortably ) and they were SO out of style and - snap - now they are totally back in style again! I'm going to get a new one (with a bigger belt - lol). Fanny does mean behind or bottom, but it isn't really that bad a word over here - it can also be a name, like Fanny Brice the performer or Fanny Flagg the writer, um, an old fashioned name I guess (short for Frances?)

Ekua I just read how people are upset that Hogmany is falling out of favor/not being celebrated as much in Scotland anymore. Glad to hear it's still pretty much celebrated. Well Robert Burns gave us Old Lang Syne, the New Year song lyrics, so I guess Scotland is New Year country!

Also that's wonderful that your Mum loves to travel - probably where you got the wandering travel genes from. I was talking to my son, and aside from his honeymoon cruise around Hawaii and moving to Texas, he's really never been anywhere. Homebodies. My daughter hasn't been many places either - well, I think Washington, DC and Vermont with her last boyfriend, and down to Florida to see her grandparents. That's about it!

Glad you are feeling better aubie sorry you were sick on your vacation. MLette's boyfriend works for the government, so he's laid off work right now (stupid government ) but he's also had a rotten cold with ear infection etc, so works out, he would have been taking sick days. Oh well, don't get me started on current US politics, but how can they put so many families out of work for nearly a month now? A lot of those jobs are NOT high paying jobs either (like airport screeners or people who care for the national parks), not like these folks have big bank accounts to rely on. Sorry, this is our happy place! Hoping things improve and soon, and sanity is restored!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

MyrnaLynne I had no idea about Hogmanay being less celebrated; i've not come across that. As far as i'm aware it's still a pretty big holiday. The first and second of January are holidays and people usually spend them going to visit family and friends; normally for more drinks and food

I went to Disney in Florida years ago - must be over 20 years ago now! We rented a villa with my cousins; it was a lot of fun! I'd love to go back....maybe with my own kids one day....here's hoping!

Yes my mum and also my dad loved to travel. I was very lucky growing up to have been taken on lots of holidays all over the world. I've had some incredible experiences which i'm very grateful for. Still so much on my list though, including Antarctica - the last continent I have left to visit!
Reply   Post New Thread