Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

It is! And I love all foods. Especially the bad foods! And Thai food is not healthy....

That sounds like fun Podmom!
Old 11-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

I would think Thai food is healthy cause of the use of spices and stuff!

Ohh jazzercise does sound like Zumba!

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

yea I think Zumba is the closest thing to it.

Tai food isn't healthy...I'm surprised. Ive only had Pad Tai ( sp) I like that. I guess it is just carbs pretty much
Old 11-08-2018, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Well it’s not horrific but it’s full of sugar! And coconut milk in the curries...
Old 11-09-2018, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Right!! Filipino recipes love sugar too! I didn't notice until my hubby kept saying, this is sweet.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

It's what makes it taste so good!
Old 11-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

sounds perfect to me

I had a fun Amish experience which I wrote about on the JOFs if you want to pop over. I live around them now and have seen them lots and go to their vegie stands etc for yeas but never have hung out with any in their home or gotten to personally know any. Now I've become friendly with a young woman ( 20 and 2 mts pregnant) and podad and I gave her a ride from her parents house and in the process hung out with her parents and she and her many siblings. It was fascinating for us. THey were really friendly and interested in us too.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!
Old 11-13-2018, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

That's so interesting Podmom. It's amazing they've manged to sustain their way of life despite how much things are changing. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be away from 'modern' life for a bit; no internet, mobile phone, TV's etc (I know there's more to it than that but you know what I mean )

It's Loy Krathong festival here in Thailand next week. It's to pay respect to the goddess of the water, and people make lotus shaped rafts from candles and flowers which they release into the lakes/rivers etc. Our school is celebrating on Friday this week; I just went and got fitted for a traditional Thai outfit! The kids are all going to (hopefully) wear traditional clothes and we're going to let them make and release their flowers into the swimming pool
Old 11-14-2018, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Wow! I guess they are allowed to ride in cars still? Or was it a horse buggy? i'd love to visit an Amish area. Never seen one here in Toronto, but apparently they are here.

Ohh I remember when you were there for that festival last time Ekua! It must be such a beautiful time.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-15-2018, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah but insanely busy! Not sure I’ll actually go to any celebrations apart from school one!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Oh I bet! One of our friends just landed in Vietnam an hour ago!! They are planning on visiting Thailand too!

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

Oh cool Aubie! I really like Vietnam; I’d love to go back! Do you know where they’re planning to visit? In Thailand too?

I went for a pole dancing lesson today. It was so much fun! Hard though!!
Old 11-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

They arrived at Saigon and now they are at Phnom Pench and posted about the water festival that you were mentioning!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-22-2018, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

Oh so exciting!! I hope they are having a lovely time.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Ekua I hope you post a picture of yourself on FB with that outfit on.! That candles on the water sounds so beautiful!!

The pole dancing made me chuckle... you are a well rounded woman

aubie cool your friends are near our Ekua The Amish can not own or drive cars but they can get rides and once they know you will drive them they aren't shy about asking for lifts. When we were at the parents house the teen boy called an uber type ride from their phone in the barn. They can have land lines with answering machines there but not in the house. They have a crazy amount of rules and little ways around them.

So podad and I are in OC for thanksgiving. My kids are with their inlaws . Liz and her family are staying at an awesome event type hotel in Nashville ( where Walters family is) but they can't stay in the house because of Anna Lee's allergies ( they have a dog and cat) SO this hotel has a pool and an ice rink so the kids will be having fun there and seeing their 3 other cousins.

I baked 3 pies and cookies and going to make rice krispie treats next and then off to my brothers sons house for Tgiving dinner. It has been the first year in decades I think that I haven't made a turkey....I'm liking it

Podad and I took a walk to the beach a bit ago. Very sunny and pretty but really windy and cold!!!!

ML and keepsmiling

Last edited by podmom; 11-22-2018 at 10:15 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread