Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Glad you enjoyed it MyrnaLynne!

Thank you Aubie, i'm trying to be more positive and worry less but it's hard....i'm such a stress case all of the time!
Old 07-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Sorry you are stressing Ekua.

Took Mlette to see 'Aladdin' yesterday - good day to be indoors as it was rainy and humid. Blah. Wonderfully colorful show, lots of singing and dancing and sparkly costumes and special effects and a great Genie (he really is the star of the show). Flying carpet too - that was pretty impressive - although they sing' Whole New World' while flying, and that's the best song in the show, imho, and I was sort of underwhelmed with their performance of that one - I think it's hard to sing when hanging on to a flying carpet for dear life?
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-24-2018, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

I love that you are such a theatre junkie ML!
I majored in theatre production and I think I've only seen like 4 theatre productions!!
Lion King, Sound of Music, Nut Cracker and one show I forgot the name of in New York! Would love to see Alladin! I love the songs!

I totally want a spa day now. But our spas here in Canada are in boring buildings that lack the atmosphere! I'd love to see Scotland spas are they in like old buildings and stuff?

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Some are Aubie! The best ones are in castles and such like. But they’re super expensive....I miss the days of cheap but fabulous massages in South East Asia!
Old 07-25-2018, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

I don't know why we're on such a theater jag! We're going to see 'Music Man' next month, a regional theater company - and then I think that's it for awhile! I think what I need to do next is find a community theater group, and get a part in a musical - I think that's why I enjoy watching them so much - wishing I were up there doing it myself! I would love to be in Fiddler on the Roof. When I was young, I was too tall for most parts (I auditioned to be one of the kids in a local King and I, and I was taller than the King - lol), and now I'm too old for most parts! Oh well...

I have never done any spa stuff in my life! Well, I had a massage once... giggled through most of it (handsome guy) but not really keen on being touched all over by anybody. Never had a manicure or a pedicure or any of that stuff. Well my Mom and I used to whip up egg whites and do egg white facials when I was young - you put it on your face and let it dry for awhile and wash it off. That was kind of fun (and funny).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-26-2018, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

I love the theater too but don't get a chance to go that often....it's fun though! I've never seen Fiddler on the Roof..

Oh MyranLynne I absolutely love going to the spa I used to go and get massaged all the time in Bangkok...great for me as i'm usually so knotty! It feels great to get them all sorted out...and of course aromatherapy massages are really relaxing And I love facials although they're pricey over here.

I get my nails done every few weeks and my feet when i'm going on holiday! Also get my eyebrows threaded every 4/5 weeks...and bikini waxed too... i'm probably sharing a little too much!
Old 07-27-2018, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Ohhhh ML you should do it!!!!! You'll love theatre even more!!! Because you'll know how they do things and the rehearsals are sooo fun!!

Ekua omg that totally made my Friday!!! I love spas! I love getting massages and the whole mani and pedi. But they do get expensive. I've never done brazilian i'd be too scared. I'm very fortunate to not have to shave my legs...and people think I do cause it's so shiny.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

I've been curious about those eyebrow threading places (they have them in all the shopping malls around here).

Glad you gals enjoy your pampering!

Fiddler on the Roof is a Jewish story, but a universal story too. I read somewhere that people in China or Japan saw it and thought it was such a Chnese/Japanese story!

We had a wonderful drama teacher in junior high/middle school - I was in Wizard of Oz (in the chorus, but I think I was Dorothy's understudy) and then the next year I missed out being in Bye Bye Birdie because I had a sore throat during audition times (she ran it strictly like a professional theater) and then I starred as Calamity Jane in 9th grade. And then years later, my town had a theater group that put on Bye Bye Birdie, so I got to make up for missing out on that one. I absolutely loved it! I used to sing and perform a lot when I was younger.

And now I'm friends with that drama teacher in Pennsylvania on Facebook. I think she had just graduated college and begun teaching when I was in junior high, so she isn't that way much older than me now, which seems so weird.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

I love threading. You get a better shape than waxing and it’s better for your skin apparently...It’s amazing how eyebrows can shape your face.

Aubie I get Brazilians Honestly they’re not as bad as everyone makes out. For me the worst is when the wax is applied as it’s so hot! And it’s a little uncomfortable/awkward but spa therapists do it all the time so I try to just look away and zone out! In Thailand they’d make you lay on your front, and they’d do the inside of your butt Now I’m over sharing!

So last night I was on my tiny balcony at 9pm or so, in 27 degrees C (80 F) heat...tonight it’s 12 degrees C (53 F), poring rain and gale force winds.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Ahhh Ekua yeah that would scare me. Hot wax and butt wax yup, no thanks, I feel like I'd bleed to death.

I love threading too it totally shapes your eyebrows! I love it! My aunt found a place that does threading for like $4 Canadian!! I haven't been there in a year, I'm sure it's gone up now.

Hosted this whole weekend. Tired now from prepping and cleaning. It was cold and windy Saturday and then Sunday humid. I swear the weather right now is crazy. It's up and down really fast!

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

So I've done something totally crazy. I've accepted a job in Bangkok at an international school....I start at the end of the month! I'm part excited, part freaking out/panicking as it's all happening so fast. But maybe that's a good thing. Less time dwell and worry!

It's way better money that i'd be earning here, and it comes with a housing allowance which is enough for a decent 1/2 bedroom apartment with a pool and gym. I think I need to go and try it, and worst thing that happens it doesn't work out and I come home...but right now, panic!
Old 08-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

omg omg omg!!!! That's amazing Ekua!!!!! Congratulations! I'm super excited for you!! Were you at bangkok last time too?

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you!! It’s a little terrifying though!! Trying not to panic! Yes I was in Bangkok before so makes it a little easier!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Loved all the “over sharing” highly entertaining . I’ve never had a massage either..... I have a gift for one that is like three years old..... I need to use it:

That thread eye brow plucking is astonishing. I got eyebrow waxed once and the girl didn’t do it the way I like so back to teeezers. Harder to see now at my age but easier then getting them done.

My biggest exrravance is getting my hair colored. I Get a mani/pedi like once a year or for something special but that’s it here. I like the feet rubbing part so I probably will not freak out too much if I ever get a massage.... but it would have to be A woman!

Ekua Our world traveler off you go again!! Good for you kiddo!! I hope all goes well!! Do you have any friends left over there?
Old 08-08-2018, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Will you have to find that room with the pool and gym? Or do they find it for you? So exciting!!!

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread