Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Well never too late to start saving a little something. They always say 'pay yourself first' and put a bit of money aside from each check, and then it will add up over time. I know sometimes there just isn't enough money for everything and it's hard to save, though.

I don't know what the RRPS in Canada is, but if your Dad says to save that way, it's probably a good one [b]aubie[/].

We are having lovely summer like weather this weekend, even though the autumn leaves are turning and falling. very nice, because you know it can't last. Although I just saw a prediction that we'll get a mild/warm winter this year - that will be nice!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

It was a lovely weekend here on the east coast. Tommy did great on his soccer game. He is so cute. He is super into it and I must say ( grandmom's get to brag) he is the best player on the little team. He has so much fun. Cheers for his team mates and is laughing and happy and so enthusiastic . Fun to watch him have so much fun.

Thanks Ekua about seeing Bro inlaw. It is and harder anticipating and after. Same for Liz. Just brings the loss all the way to the surface. As you know grief is a process that goes on for a lifetime and ebbs and flows.

Mild winter would be good in one way but Liz and family just bought skis ( used on sale) as did podad so they want lots of snow even got a harness thing for Grace. My job is to go and watch Grace in case she hates it. My kids were out of diapers before we took them skiing... they will be a help for #1 but uh oh for 2
Old 10-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Aww well done Tommy!

Oh I'd love to go on another skiing holiday. I've been to the French alps a few times but not for a while. So much fun!
Old 10-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Now that would be amazing skiing the French Alps!!!

Podads family took several skiing vacations and once went to Europe to ski. They did the Matterhorn ..in Switzerland I think. I only know it because it was reproduced in Disney Land
Old 10-24-2017, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yes it was fabulous. We stayed in a gorgeous little French town (not man-made at all - or too touristy - actual French people live there, haha).
Old 10-25-2017, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

I have never gone skiing before. I'd love to try it one day.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

I had one disastrous ski lesson while in jr high in PA and that cured me of skiing for life! Funny, hubby also had a bad ski trip around the same age (almost got frostbite) so we are definite non-skiiers. My brother loves skiing - snow skiing, water skiing, was a big skiier.

I hope everyone who wants snow gets plenty of it. Plus the winter snow melts and turns into water for the next year, so that's kind of important too, not to have droughts. It's pouring rain here right now, although it has been overly warm and dry, messed with the Fall foliage. The weather is just overall so strange. It's warm and rainy and HUMID here today, doesn't feel like end of October at all.

Five more weeks to work, ladies! I know it will ZIP by (and then I'll be wondering what to do, all at 6s and 7s).

Dad moves to the Assisted Living place tomorrow! His big comfy chair (it's electric, helps stand him up) is being moved to the new place today. I asked him where he was going to sit today! LOL!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Oh you'll be retired before you know it! Hope all goes well with your dad
Old 10-26-2017, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Yeah my hubby is not a fan of skiing either, so that's why I've never been.

I can't believe there is only 5 weeks left!!!

Awww your dad has a big comfy chair. That is too cute. Is it a lazy boy?

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe it's nearly November!!!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

Oh man October flew to a point that I still havent decorated for Halloween! I usually do that beginning of the month! It's Halloween next Tuesday!!!

Are any of you going to a Halloween party this weekend?

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

No but I went to my school one! Spent most of the night taking the wee ones to the toilet! And one little boy in my class just wanted to stay with me all night, bless. I was Little Red Riding Hood!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

5 weeks..... hopefully you can hang out here more I think you will love it ML no more cold walks to the train with those ice cleats on...just one of the perks

I loved skiing but don't think I can anymore mostly ( but not only) because if I fell on the flat...I am almost certain I wouldn't have the upper body strength to get up. It's hard with skis on... I haven't skied for years so I am sure I would fall getting off the lift...get stuck not getting up with a big pile up behind me but there is nothing like standing at the top of a mountain and feeling the perfectly clear wind in your face ...looking at the spectacular view. Then taking a while to ski down another mountain you are on...stopping for breaks to group up with the family( wipe a nose if needed)...look at whatever view is then ....spend a break at a little shack for cocoa ...see a chipmonk....then carry on. So fun No other way to get that thrill . it is work though....especially when the kids are little and you have to get them all dressed etc. My kids especially Elizabeth counts those as our happiest vacations
Old 10-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Aww Podmom you make it sound so magical! I do love it but sometimes the reality (freezing cold, ice wind, uncomfortable boots etc) takes away the charm!
Old 10-30-2017, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Awww I'd love to go up a snowy mountain and see awesome views! I also always dream of being in like one of those movie cabins after you ski. I'm sure those are super expensive to rent.

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread