Old 10-04-2017, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Oh gosh yeah!! It's nice to vent.
Is your friend a teacher too?

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Aww Podmom I love that!

Yes Aubie, one of them is. She's a chemistry teacher at a private high school....so it's a little different! But still....nice to vent
Old 10-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Oh ok that's great! She still kinda understand being a teacher!

Can't wait for this long weekend.

When does your holiday start Ekua?

Also, HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY!!

I'm Aubrey

Last edited by aubie_ocean; 10-05-2017 at 07:53 AM
Old 10-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Today!!!!!! Time for wine! And sleep.

Aww thank you! I didn't know it was Teacher's Day!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

It was on the Yahoo website, so I had to come back on here to wish you one!

And yes enjoy your time off!! When do you go back?

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-07-2017, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Aww thank you.

The 16th! But got a lot of work to do.....trying to give myself a few days off though!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Yes rest up Ekua!

good teachers are a treasure. Not good teachers make for a long year

So I survived being at Liz's since Wednesday Got back by dinner time last evening. It is such a crush having two kids birthday parties ( home and kid party) in the same week. Poor Liz her birthday just gets swept aside. ( she is the 4th AL the 6th Tommy the 7th just as a reminder) I did take her her fav thing I make....meatballs so she really enjoyed that present all those days....the kids like them too..not Grace yet.

Podad and I took Anna Lee to her very first movie Friday ( her actual birthday) perfect timing because her fav cartoon came out with a movie that exact day( My Little Pony....awful show these days...always some dark angsty villain plus boring) and her private school had Columbus day off Friday instead of Monday like the public schools. We almost had the theater to ourselves. She enjoyed the movie plus got 2 kinds of candy her mom had a great at home party for her but she was coming down with a cold so didn't get into it as much as she could have. First cold of the year Tommy on the other hand had a great time at his party yesterday! HE is really really into the TV show American Ninja Warriors. Really strong ppl compete these crazy hard physically challenging courses to eventually try to win a million dollars. SO popular that they have places where these type ( on a way smaller scale) of obstacles are and you can have kid parties there. He did great at all the obstacles and best of all he got up the high( for young boys ...they have differing hights) curved wall after many trys....only 1 other kid and he got up that one.On his actual birthday ,Saturday. he scored an amazing goal during his soccer game. SO he was stoked and we all were. All the boys had fun at the party and it was way easier than a home party. I was spent after all the non stop baby care cleaning etc. for so many days and nights in a row!

Last edited by podmom; 10-09-2017 at 06:40 AM
Old 10-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Podmom super gran!!! Yay for Tommy and glad Anna Lee enjoyed the movie even if it was bad.....I don't like what they've done to My Little Pony!

Aww thank you Podmom. I just spent all day planning...oops!! Can't stop thinking about my kiddies. It's so hard to switch off.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Just got back from our thanksgiving weekend. So tired. Work tomorrow.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-10-2017, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Hope you had a lovely weekend Aubie! Do you eat turkey and such like?
Old 10-10-2017, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

We usually do when we see my hubby's family, but everyone has been so busy we had no time to make it so we got KFC instead...

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Love it!!
Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

welcome back aubie

I wish I could get away with KFC for Thanksgiving that was great

The one great thing about the whole turkey pies etc thing is you get left overs for a while.

Ekua you sound like a mother....can't forget about your kids those kids are so lucky!
Old 10-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Podmom you are too kind!

I just wish I could switch off and relax a little. The next term is long and with so much going on (Christmas!) it's non stop. And my class are involved in the nativity which means lots of excitement and rehearsal!

The other week we had someone come in and show the children toys from the 50's and 60's (our topic was toys/forces). He has this old spinning top that played Jingle Bells. They went crazy! And only in September!

I actually miss some of them.....i'm looking forward to going back and heaing about their holidays and see their wee smiling faces.

I'm sure that novelty will wear off pretty soon!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread