Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2017, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Happy hump day ( we in the US call Wednesday that...ie over the hump of the week)

Hot here in PA too supposed to cool down tomorrow some ....thank goodness.

Sending you some Ekua I guess since it stays light so long in summer it gets dark way early mid winter...maybe December 21 or so is our shortest day and it gets dark around 5:30 I think. When does it get dark where you are? I could google of course but I would rather bug you

to brighten up Ekua

* KaDee has a huge mouth
Old 09-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Haha she does!!! Aww I love that picture. I wish a guy would look at me the way he's looking at her in that!

It's hump day here too

In deepest winter it gets dark around 4 pm!! It's horrible. Doesn't get light until 8 or so...driving in the dark to work and leaving in the dark....rubbish!
Old 09-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

yikes that is rubbish

having a friend that says rubbish makes me so happy

I wish for that for you too Ekua and Margarita with all my heart!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2017, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

The heat broke, it's freezing here now. Well it's 13 degrees.
Yeah it's dark here at 6am now and then dark again by 5.
It'll get dark by 4pm for us soon too.

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I forgot you guys don't say rubbish like we do!!

Dark mornings and nights are so depressing!
Old 09-29-2017, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Nopes, we do not say rubbish.
I say crappy more. Like, ugh, crappy weather.

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-29-2017, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie_ocean (View Post)
Nopes, we do not say rubbish.
I say crappy more. Like, ugh, crappy weather.
crappy is it too in the US .....in the olden days when I was a girl and the world didn't curse so much "cruddy" was the word.

I spent the day with podad ( didn't end up going to help Liz cause I might have been getting a cold ( slight symptom but can't get the kids sick especially when the birthdays are so many the first week of October....Liz the 4th AnnaLee the 6th and Tommy the 7th) we spent the day "staycationing" it was beautiful so we went to Longwood Gardens...an Amazing place....saw they had out literally thousands of luminaries...with real candles... and then were having the fountain display....possibly the best in the world....talking fountains with fire on top even. We also toured Andrew Wyeths studio ( has anyone heard of him besides ML ?I'm betting she has Walking around all day and night till 9:30 PM with some breaks...had dinner at the Longwood beer garden with a live polka band who were great....making a lot of modern music into polka really fun.

I'll post some quick videos of the luminaries and band on my FB

check this video out..it shows the fire....that is NOT the music they use ..they use classical and movie themes from like Star Wars etc...honest worth a peek

longwood gardens fountains video
Old 09-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds like a lovely day Podmom!

The link doesn't work though
Old 09-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

It was beautiful fall weather here...finally open windows!

here are gifs and stills of it

this is actually one of the two small fountains on the sides...you can see them on the gif right below here

they do fireworks sometimes too with the fountain show

the lily pads are so lovely too

every year they do this 1,000 bloom chrysanthemum ....we sat with a guy and his wife who volunteers with that...we enjoyed their company while eating dinner and drinking beer with the ump pa pa band they work every day to tweak this thing...it is one plant there are around 800 volunteers....they lit the luminaries......25 pps ran around lighting zillions of candles...if I live around here when I get done with little grandkids I'd like to be one of the volunteers...it would be so fun!

there are always tons of foreigners there...it is something on the list of things to see on the east coast area....ok now you have seen a tiny bit but I'm sure more than you needed to

Last edited by podmom; 09-29-2017 at 02:35 PM
Old 09-30-2017, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Lovely pictures Podmom I love the lily pads in the water....really pretty.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

I think we went to the Wyeth Museum a long time ago, when we drove down to Delaware for Mr ML's family reunion thing and I wanted to do something that interested ME as well (rather than just watch his relatives roast a pig and swill down beer - ahem). Never got to Longwood Gardens, though - they look fabulous!

KaDee has a giant mouth! Funny my college friend's brother was attracted to his (rather heavy set) wife for the same reason - no accounting for what people find attractive. Not to say KaDee isn't attractive and very fun and lively! And yes, Jason looks at her with love:

The Pod-grandkids birthdays are coming up! I hope everyone stays well and can enjoy themselves.

It is starting to get dark here at 4 as well - one thing nice about retirement, I won't have to get up in the dark/go to work in the dark/come home in the dark (and winter) anymore (soon)!

My sister-in-law Barbara has the (really annoying) habit of informing us (from something n the paper) that we now have 11 hrs 51 min of daylight where before we had 17 hrs and 21 minutes (or whatever it is - I don't know why, but when she says this, I find it incredibly annoying!) Just say "Gee, it's getting dark earlier" or "Gee, the days are really getting shorter already." Yep, they do that every year. Nice thing about Florida, the days are longer down there, closer to the equator or whatever.

We were having a ridiculous hot/humid wave too (it felt like Florica) and then BAM, humdiity was gone and it was COLD, nearly freezing. It was 40 F this morning (5C) - Brrr. But supposed to be warming back up again. Up and down weather, you need to keep both summer pajamas and flannel winter pajamas at the ready!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure Jason doesn't care about her big mouth....probably a good thing

Only 3 days till the end of term 1. Can't believe it. Somehow, I survived!
Old 10-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

That looked like a lovely trip podmom! I love the water show gifs!

Lol yeah i know those types of people ML.

I can’t believe it’s October! And this coming weekend is our thanksgiving here in Canada so long weekend yay!

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh Happy Thanksgiving ( soon) aubie
Old 10-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Have a lovely one Aubie!

Had dinner with friends tonight....felt a little bad all I did was talk/rant about work...!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread