Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Yes you must continue to do your part to save the world

Here kindergarten is 5-6.....1st grade 7 and so on.

Podad and I go to OC tomorrow to pack up the beach house for the tear down rebuild. Upstairs neighbor being kinda stressful and the mover for us not being real communicative but hopefully it all goes ok. Busy week....down there to pack...back here the 11th...go to help Liz the 12th....I teach my first bible study class the 13th then we have our financial planner meeting that afternoon and then drive after that back to OC for the mover..back home that day...no where to stay....back down the 16th for the demolition sale for the day then right back to PA cause can't stay in OC busy. then hopefully a little slow down....a little anyway

I'll take my comp tomorrow so I'll check in

Old 09-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

It's Friday. So exhausted. And so much to do for work. I hate that I literally spend all weekend working

Hope you have a lovely time Podmom. Hope everything goes well!
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I'm back from holidays! I'm exhausted! As the saying goes, i need a vacation from my vacation!!

Vancouver and Seattle were lovely! I miss it already. We did so much walking.

I noticed though that there were so many more homeless people. It was very sad to see. Especially in Seattle, we passed by a bridge that had whole bunch of tents and tarps. It reminded me of Philippines.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Podmom you sound super busy! And your upstairs neighbor sounds stressful.

And Ekua you need another 2 months off! So much work!

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Aubie is back! Glad you had a good trip! I noticed that about Los Angeles too, they not only had a lot of homeless people, but some of the filthiest homeless people I'd ever seen, they were so dirty. The begging population has increased around here too though, they stand at highway intersections holding cardboard signs, hoping people in cars will give them money. I'm surprised none get hit by cars. Some of them are young and fit-looking people (it seems) too. Sad.

Ekua teaching is very hard, with lost of 'homework' for the teacher too! I hope it will get easier as you adjust to it, and get systems worked out - everything is new so you are inventing the wheel ever week!

Oh gosh, I feel so bad for all those people in all those tropical islands (that I've visited sometimes on a cruise ship) - US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, Antigua, Barbuda, St Martin, etc - devastated by the hurricanes, and a lot of the people were poor to begin with. And they are islands, so replenishing food and supplies etc isn't that simple. People there (and also in Texas and in parts of Florida) have just lost everything. My friends and family down there all seem to be okay so far - phew! Terrifying storm. And my husband was making me so mad, pooh-poohing the storm and saying the weather people were just exaggerating and it wasn't that bad - while I'm watching footage of flooded towns in Key West and waves splashing over the roofs of houses! (He has been getting on my last nerve a whole lot lately.. )
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yay Aubie you're back and had an awesome time!

Yes I'm exhausted every night and learning so many new things my brain is mush!

I know MyrnaLynne the damage to those islands is just tragic and I don't see how they're ever going to be able to get back to how they were. And they're so reliant on tourism; it's awful.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

aubie good to see you back and so glad you had a great time!! What were some of your favorite things you saw/did?

I know it is tragic how those beautiful islands are decimated the poor people and all the beautiful palm trees and vegetation gone. IT will take years to recoop

ML retirement and being cozy all the time is an adjustment remember you have each other to drive to colonoscopies

We spent the whole 3 days in OC packing all the stuff up. Even that little house was a lot I can't even imagine doing the PA house....yikes. So no time to play here. I am waiting for my paintings to dry ( I am painting little water color sketches to give my ladies as book marks tomorrow ( verse on the back) so I can do the next glaze so popping on to say hi. Back to OC tomorrow for our last night sleeping in the Haven. Next night there it will be a big new house God willing. We have to get a hotel room for Friday night We have to be there for the mover then come home over night to drop of flat screen and other random stuff ( came back with the van full to the brim yesterday) then right back down there for the 2 days of demo sale. Yikes I hope it all goes ok. Podad has to in hook washer and drier......ML it is really good to have a man to do all that kind of stuff poor podad really cut his hand taking the bunk beds apart.

Ekua The first year of teaching is so the hardest....it will get easier but big s for this year of transition. But look you are doing it and I'm sure well and you're making money so that is always a good thing hang in there
Old 09-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Huge blow for the cruise industry, too, as visiting those islands is their bread and butter, and nobody wants to visit a disaster zone! They had to cancel all sorts of people's trips and plans I'm sure. A lot of the ships went to those islands and offloaded all the water and food etc they had stocked on board for passengers. They also rescued people stranded on those islands and sailed thousands of people back home. Very heroic! Just so many people suffering from these two hurricanes in so many places, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, and all those island countries and territories that got hit so hard.

I feel very helpless that I can't help my Dad or even get in touch with him directly. I hope his power and telephone are restored soon, and he doesn't suffer too much, with no AC, no lights or stove or fridge. I hope his kind neighbors are looking after him (worry). I just want to get in the car/hop a plane and go down and get him, but where would I take him? He doesn't want to live with us (can't get up all our stairs, house is too chilly and drafty for him etc).

Poor PodDad slicing up his hands taking the bunks apart! Men are very handy (for the heavy lifting stuff). Although Mr ML has been getting on my very last nerve lately, so I'm worried when we're spending all our time together. We usually get along so well. Well.. I'm definitely NOT buying a place in Florida, that's for sure!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I'm sorry about your dad MyrnaLynne, I hope you can get in touch with him soon.

Yeah I feel bad for complaining about the weather here.....we never get it so extreme.

Thank you Podmom. I'm just taking it one day at a time....so much to do my head is spinning!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

ML I hope you were able to contact your dad! I hope he is taken care of as well. Do you and your hubby have any plans to travel after retirement? you're funny about the whole getting on your nerves already.

And Podmom, my gosh, what a busy life you live. I hope the move goes well for you too. And poor podad, hope his hand heals fast.

Ekua
you are doing great! I can't even believe you have time to teach, prep and be our mod!!! You are awesome!!

So sad about the hurricanes. It's so awful, especially the islands, who do rely on tourists for their bread and butter. And that is so nice to hear what the cruise ships did!

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Thank you Aubie, you're too kind!

I feel like I live at school. Weekends spent planning, reading etc. But needs to be done....and it's not long until October holiday!
Old 09-15-2017, 05:35 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Oh yeah I remember our friends from England saying that teacher's have more holidays than here in Canada. The next long break the teacher gets is Christmas.

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Oh really?!?! How long do they get? We are back early August though.

I'm not sure about England holidays....I'm in Scotland I think it'll be pretty similar though!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Survived the move. Stressful but went well. The demolition sale went on without us....with a few glitches...it is ending today. They told us they didn't want us to stay then went about doing a few stupid things that we could have solved but oh well I was glad to sleep in my own bed last night.

Got to go to Lizs today though because she and husband have to go to a parents meet each other date night thing at Anna Lee's new school. She lost all her babysitters and needs to find new ones but nursling Grace isn't easy with no bottle. So back in the car and out of the suitcase. I need a vacation and haven't had one for years I'll be glad of course to see the kids though it's been almost a week

Ekua The US gets a long weekend for Thanksgiving then a week off at Christmas and Easter. How long is your the October vaca? Yes one day at a time!!

Thanks for the good wishes aubie

ML Any news from dad? scary
Old 09-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Glad it went well Podmom. Hope you can relax a bit now!

Wow is that all the holidays you get? I get a week in October, 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter, 6 weeks in summer and a few long weekends, random days due to local festivals etc.

If you only get 1 week at Christmas does that mean you work/go to school Christmas Eve/New Years?!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yeah ours is kinda like podmom!
Long weekend in October for Thanksgiving here in Canada.
Then Christmas holiday is i think 2 weeks?
They'll be done Dec. 22 then back Jan. 8 i believe.
But most of them also come back in August a couple weeks before class starts which was Sep. 5th.
Then long weekends here and there. But they also have a March break for a week!

I'm Aubrey
Reply   Post New Thread