Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Thanks podmom!

I'm ok now. I think I needed a week to get over it a bit. I do still look at pictures of the dog here and there. Doesn't help.

Anyways Happy belated Valentines day to everyone!! How was everyone's valentines?

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

It was half term here but spent it in my apartment working. Love my single life. Not.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

girls

So glad to have you back aubie yes it takes time to heal

hang in there all of us who shrink back....every day is a new dawn.... for real ...
Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

It is hard....adult life. I literally have no life outside of work.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekua (View Post)
It is hard....adult life. I literally have no life outside of work.
For now. There are many seasons in life. Some are hard and we never want that but it is the hard things that build character and faith for some people. I feel for you kiddo The last 10 years have been my toughest but there are bright spots that are made even brighter because of the dark surrounding them. The other point that my counselor makes which is very true....and believe me I am not negating youR or my or anyone's difficult times.... but that being said....we in the western ie advanced societies have a sense or entitlement that those in the third world don't have. If we ever had to live as they live for a season we would be better able to find things to be grateful for even in the hard times. I know you know that better than me since you have lived it and helped in the 3rd world That thought might not be any help at all. If not just throw it out. Sometimes we just have to feel bad and find pps who care to off load with...we are here for you!
Old 02-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Awww podmom that is such a nice message to give.

And yes it is tough when it's all just work though and not much life after work. it's like..what;s the point? Oh right...it keeps the roof over my head and food on my table. But still, it is tough.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Podmom

All teary now!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Seriously podmom. You really are a great pod MOM!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-21-2018, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

ahhhhh you guys are the best...thank you and keep being you because you girls are very special
Old 02-23-2018, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

I think everyone hits that point, after you finish your schooling and your life is mostly work, you think "Is that all there is?" work so you can eat and have a place to live and get to work the next day and not much else! But as PodMom says, there are seasons of life.

But then you find yourself swimming in a heated pool in Florida one day! :

LOL, our time in FL is suddenly winding up (suddenly as in two weeks or so left) and I woke up at 5 a.m. stressing about things to be done, etc. Mr ML is so lucky, he never looks ahead and plans and worries (lets me do it all - ahem).

Mr ML's youngest sister is coming to visit today (and sleep over and go home tomorrow) and then in a week MLette and her BF are coming down to visit FL and enjoy the place for several days, so that leaves a week to get anything that needs doing, done. And a few days after they leave, we have to pack up and go too! It's a lot to process. It was so wrenching to pack up and drive down here, now we are settled in and having a new routine and then - RIP - back in the car and back up north again, maybe never to return (if we manage to sell his condo, which is iffy). I truly don't know how the snowbirds do it every day, live in the north and then live in the south. I suppose people get used to anything!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

ML. Sounds like your retirement is busier than work!! Hope you are enjoying it!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-23-2018, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

It does aubie

ML Yo have been doing an amazing job....I know you will get it done and then be glad to get home to rest!!! I hope you have a great time with Mlette and john!!!!!!!

I probably told you guys but maybe not. Podad and I God willing leave this Sunday to go to the Grand Cayman with Liz and her family. I am anxious and we have been praying the kids and us grownups will be healthy enough to go. We are close and it looks good. My fav thing as you guys know by now is snorkling etc and we are blessed to have a lovely condo and a pool and ocean right out our door. Of course I will worry the whole time about that given the 2 yr old but I need to get over my old ppl nerves and have a good time. So I will be MIA next week. I can text but not call on my cell. maybe I can post on FB or here. If I can I will try. Maybe when I get back there will be Jason news!
Old 02-24-2018, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Have an amazing time Podmom! Hope you get to relax

I’m struggling with life. I can’t remember the last time I felt genuinely happy.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Ekua..... I'm sorry dear. You and I both are still grieving. Even if you have stuffed it ,it is still there. This kind of profound loss takes time. Plus you are in a new demanding job and your stressing over finding your someone. That is a lot. You might consider counseling but I know that takes time and energy which is tough to drum up. It really can help though. You won't always feel this way If stupid Jason would show up that would help too

Ugg I was so ridiculously stressed yesterday... maybe got 2 hours sleep....feel like I will get sick with no sleep so I am bummed too I am praying I can throw off anything and just enjoy myself. It's 4:20 am here in a minute I am going to get dressed and go out in the rain to drive with podad to the airport. Hold down the fort. I'll check in .

xxoo
Old 02-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Have fun podmom!!! Enjoy and relax!

Sorry to hear about your sadness both Ekua and Podmom. for you both!

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread