Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Luxery and Ekua

ML I hope your trip is safe and that dad is recooperating and that you get to have a nice visit with him. Wow 2 months....hopefully you come back from Florida to nice whether.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

All the cold, horrible weather is seriously making me consider moving back to SE Asia....I really hate being cold!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Is it super cold in Scotland too Ekua?
Old 01-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Not super cold.....it never really gets crazy cold here. Sometimes through the night it gets to -15 or whatever (C) but that's rare. It's just wet and windy and generally miserable. I am seriously looking into going back somewhere warmer....
Old 01-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Really? Come to the US it has some lovely climates and all the boys would LOVE your accent
Old 01-07-2018, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

If you can get me a working visa and a job i'd be right there It's very hard to get a US working/residents visa......and i'm not sure if my teaching qualification would transfer!

But y'know...i'd seriously do it if the opportunity came up! (somewhere with beaches though...and sun )
Old 01-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Ahh it's already the 8th!?!? This year just started! What happened? I've been so busy at work, so I just want to quickly say hi! By the time I get home I just crash.

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

I know - one day back and I feel it's been a week! I promised myself this year I'd leave work no later than 5 and not work at home - today I left at 5.30 and have spent my evening making resources, planning and prepping
Old 01-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Ahhhh I can't imagine for you Ekua! Having to bring work home.

I don't bring mine, but I've accidentally linked my work fb on my phone and now i'm getting messages from students asking questions and showing up on my phone. And it's not even much, but I'm like...ahh.

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

girls for having to go back to work both of your students are so lucky to have you.

Ekua You can come and be my "care taker" it's pretty close to the ocean...which is warm in the summer I'm sure for the time being you are a blessing to your mom and you get to be with your niece....they grow up so fast. What is she up to these days BTW?
Old 01-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Aww Podmom I so would be right there!

My niece is all about the food! She likes to have someone to eat in each hand, haha!! (she just turned 1).
Old 01-11-2018, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

One year olds are so lovely! My nephew's son just turned two and they just had the second baby (also a boy).

Yes, come take care of Podmom and live by the beach at her Haven, once it's rebuilt!

Warmed up a lot and some of the snow mountains are melting, but might be freezing rain/ice Saturday night, when my son is flying up to visit. I wish these warm days would last a little longer!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I so wish I could! sometimes I don't know if teaching is really with it (awful pay, insane hours, stress).
Old 01-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

There are way worse jobs!!! You are doing good for many children plus you get summers off ( I hope you do?) When you have your own kids if you want/need to work you will be on their schedules. Just trying to find a few perks hang in there!

to perk you up

Old 01-17-2018, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

Yes I get 6 weeks off in summer.....2 at Christmas and Easter....(but obviously lots of work to do during those times!)

It's just a really hard year to get through. I'm constantly stressed, have no work/life balance and get paid so little for it. I do enjoy the teaching but all the extra paperwork/admin is just so crazy!

I just need to have a little more self belief. I'm so hard on myself.

Snow day today! Working from my bed.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread