Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

ML I'm glad to hear you approve of Harry's girl...I have never heard her talk or basically even heard of her so I'm happy she is smart and obviously pretty and kind hearted seemingly. I hope they are happy.

I always knew I didn't have the patience to learn bridge but I love card games like hearts or gin rummy but it's been so long since I played I might have forgotten them too

I just spent the afternoon and whole night trimming the Christmas tree. Podad helped with the lights but he hurt his leg somehow and is pretty much out of commission...not that he is big on tree trimming anyway. Now my back hurts I have been decorating since Sunday ( the outside lights) then the house now the tree...in the nick of time. Emily is coming home this weekend and one of her friends ( she is pregnant too...due in Feb) is staying here while they go to their other friends baby shower. I'll be going to the shower too. First weddings now baby showers. Poor Emily is throwing up in the car while driving... I hope her morning sickness ends pretty soon.

Next week is really hectic for me....lots of watching the kids....so parents can go to busyness Christmas parties ( Liz's old work invited her this year) both in DC...podad and I will be with the kids Thursday and Friday and maybe Tuesday for me and I have 10 women and 7 kids coming for breakfast Wednesday morning....the bible study I have been leading..that should be interesting then I have a neighborhood thing that night...then straight to Liz next morning for that big babysitting gig. I hope I survive
Old 12-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Podmom you really are super woman!

School is hectic with Christmas stuff....the nativity, crafts, carol singing....full on!

Christmas is going to hard this year....only the 2nd without my dad so it's difficult. But it's my niece's first Christmas and her birthday on the 31st, so that's definitely going to help
Old 12-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Awww Ekua, I can't believe it's been 2 Christmases already for your dad.

And yes your niece's birthday and first Christmas will definitely be nice!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

I've been thinking about you in that regard Ekua but didn't want to bring it up. I'm glad you did so I can give you a I'm having a hard time too with missing my sister. We spent many many Christmases together plus her birthday is January 2nd. It is still very hard I'm so glad you have the baby to bring so much joy although that is hard in it's own way too. I know we are missing sharing Emily's baby news etc with my sister. You have been doing so much so well dear heart. Not too much longer and you get a break from work! Yay . If I survive this week I can relax too
Old 12-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you my dear. Right back at you

Yes it's bittersweet. It breaks my heart my dad never got to meet her.

I have a friend coming over for some of the holidays too....excited about that!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Oh that is fun to have your friend!!

Thanks .... I wish both of us weren't dealing with this but it is good to share with ppl that are also dealing with loss.

I got a reprieve....Liz's trip to NYC is off so I don't have to go there tomorrow and I can just get ready for my party Wednesday. I am relieved I can just go Thursday-Saturday and not do that crazy back and forth I was going to have to do tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Very true Podmom

Nativity today....i was like a proud Mama! My wee ones did me proud!
Old 12-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

OHhgood for them Ekua you must have prepared them really well!!!
Old 12-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Happy Hanukah ML and to all the others out there celebrating!

Aww that sounds awesome Ekua! I love when the kids do their Christmas events. So cute!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-14-2017, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yes - so glad it's all over now though!! Lots of very tired kids!!
Old 12-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like everyone is going flat out with all the Christmas decorating and prep. Those outside lights seem like a huge job. My neighbors as a kid let me help decorate the Christmas tree, and my sister-and brother-in-law across the street used to let my kids help them decorate their tree, when they were young. It's a very artistic thing, to get everything just so, and I know Podmom has the eye of an artist.

I basically just decorate the window in our front door and around the dining room.

Yes, sad anniversaries and holidays are hard without loved ones/missing them.
Friend of mine was saying it takes 5 years to get back to normal after losing someone (except for parents who lose kids - they never get over that.. sigh)

I was very impressed with Princess/Dutchess-to-be Miss Meghan. Very smart and well spoken person, not an empty-headed actress in the least!

Hanukah, night #3! :>
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-15-2017, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

It's Friday!!! I'm so glad!
It's been such a tiring week here too.
Events after events and so much food! So thankful for that!
Going to try to clean out my closets this weekend and see if I can donate stuff for this holiday. Especially sweaters and jackets, it's so cold out now.

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yay happy weekend! Only 4 days of work next week then 2 weeks holidays!

Exhausted does not even cover it!
Old 12-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Hang in the aubie and Ekua till you break You girls are a blessing to all you touch in the flesh and us cyber friends too thanks!!

You too ML

thank you gift for all

Old 12-18-2017, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Aww thanks podmom!
I think I ended trying to fight a bug this weekend.
But I managed to clean out our closets and purge! And donated! Super happy!

Hope you guys also have a great week! I'll be away next week so I wont be posting. Which reminds me, I gotta let the mods know!

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread