Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2020, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Casting boobs??!!! That is cool!! Not sure they should be in the background of a first date zoom meeting although they definitely would break the ice for conversation!

Yum chocolates ML....enjoy....I’m still working through my kids’ Easter baskets

I just did a zoom for our bible study group. So good to see everyone....when it came around to updating what everyone has been up to all of us are having the same experiences of being home and being excited to find those hard to find items at the grocery store...it’s crazy!! I can’t believe we are now on our 6th week with school and activities canceled.

Everyone around us has been doing nightly family bonfires with s’mores. Such sweet family time.

We sent a long time family friend a care package of comfort food and treats as well as a container of Clorox wipes which she couldn’t find anywhere! She’s older and lives alone. Probably the same post office as Podmom mentioned, one postal worker and no other customers. She was so happy to get that box the next day!! My kids made pictures too for her refrigerator. I cannot wait until this is over and we can see her again in person.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:59 AM
Elite Fan

yes, I am very proud of my boobs body cast!

zoom dating....i'm sure it's a thing!

Yes, one good thing is lots of family time for people...although i'm sure some are needing a wee break! But lots to be grateful for, definitely.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'm proud of your boobs too Ekua

JJ So cool your hood doing bonfires....that is one of my fav things about living here in the "country" we can have fires. SOunds like your family is doing really well...I'm glad!
Old 04-25-2020, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Had another bonfire tonight!

Then we ran out of wood......
Old 04-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Oh gosh, I can't imagine people right now who live in 500 sq ft of space and stuck in condos. Glad my townhouse has a backyard we can at least sit out of. Bonfires would be nice, but we don't have a space for it.

How is it where you guys are? Are they relaxing on the whole social distancing yet?

I feel like Toronto will slowly open up in Mid-May. We'll see how this goes...

And yes, we have no more lysol or clorox here. I think we're getting it re-stocked in June...

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-25-2020, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Things here in Thailand are just bizarre. Alcohol ban until the end of the month (since the beginning of the month!), 10pm - 4am curfew....but no proper lockdown! The outdoor food markets are as busy as ever!

But numbers here are very low - maybe the heat does have something to do with it Thailand is incredibly hot this time of year.....but who knows.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:40 AM
Master Fan

I had a dream last night my kids went back to school Our state already announced schools are closed for the remainder of the school year , but I guess I’m still dreaming

We had a good weekend. Saturday we did our weekly shop trip for food and spent most of the day outside as we grilled and then had a Bon fire. Sunday though was cold and rainy so we ended up playing monopoly, uno, and clue games. Then Mr JJ went up to the bedroom and “hid” with a book for a few hours

A lot of immediate family time that is for sure!
Old 04-27-2020, 05:06 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like a great weekend JJ!

I wish everyday for schools here to open I hate home teaching and my miss my wee ones so much. I did a live zoom lesson today; 17 5 year olds! It was a little chaotic but went okay; just hard to control! We have to do one live lesson every day so I’m sure it’ll get easier to control them!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

girls

aubie JJ and I are in Pennsylvania. As she said schools closed till who knows but at least till September. Our state still closed basically. The Gov had closed liquor stores but had to eventually open them for curbside to stop a rebellion Liz's kids only get some voice from their teachers. For some reason they are not allowed to show their face on video. So basically Liz has to teach them the paper work sent every day. Liz actually thinks this makes her evenings less stressful. No homework to beat the kids into doing after hours at school. So that is a plus. Tommy not doing great....cries sometimes about doing the work. Anna Lee ( 2 years older) doing better....does most of her work independently with mom checking and helping where needed. She is zooming with a couple of her friends regularly. That is of course easier for girls. Boys want to move and play not talk. Tommy really missing recess and playing sports.

I got back last evening after a nice visit with them. Went Thursday morning till Friday late afternoon. I did a treasure hunt with them on rainy day Sunday. In the house ...that went well I had gotten a bag of M&Ms so that was treasure. It was a lovely day Saturday so spent a lot of time outside with the younger two( I kept kids busy all day while mommy and daddy worked hard on their yard) ...older girl some but she is getting to the stage that playing with us isn't as interesting as it once one. With her I talk...mostly she does. She is a talker so that is how I relate to her plus I got on the game called RoBlox where you interact with others so she ,Tommy and I can be on our devices and interact with each other in this little world they love.

I hope your schools open soon Ekua

Glad you had a nice weekend. JJ
Old 04-28-2020, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

I hope so too....even if only for the last week for term (end of June). I want my class together one more time!

Haha alcohol is an essential!! Luckily we found a supplier

Now it's just my hair - i'm a (fake) blonde so it's starting to need done - badly!!!! Hairdressers are supposed to open in the next week so fingers crossed!
Old 04-30-2020, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

I know the hair my roots are white...blond died hair now. I used to be ash blond( very light brown) which I highlighted but the past few years we transitioned to a blond die...the white hair takes it lighter..what's left of darker hair less so there is some texture. In case you wanted to be bored with my hair but anyway yes the horror. Who knows what will happen. How will we get hair done with masks on. Lots of questions. I here lots of stylists just ignoring the shut down and going to ppls houses.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Real life kicking my rear end lately!! The kids with their school work, the million emails from all their teachers, the digital attendance at least one kid or me forgets to fill out, buying warm weather clothes and sandals online for two of my four kids (the other two get hand me downs the blessing of having two boys and two girls!!), and trying to keep the house somewhat clean as the days go by. I cannot believe it is already May, yet our calendar is still pretty empty of any live events....just zoom chats .....

I guess I’m lucky....I do not color my hair so I’m in a good spot,,,,just would like a trim though since I trimmed all the kids and a Mr JJ’s hair, but there is no willing to cut mine!!
Old 05-02-2020, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Aw JJ it must be hard with kids; I’m only one and I’m struggling! I hate working from home. Sorry I’ve probably said that a million times...and it’s not looking likely I’ll get home in the summer....

But....I know I’m fortunate and things will improve, eventually.

Me teaching a live zoom lesson from my princess fairy castle. Dressed as a fairy cat princess (making the most of the random things I have). You can have a lot of fun with zoom!

Old 05-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Omg Ekua that is freaking adorable!!!! Glad you are able to have a little bit of fun with your students on zoom.

The weather here in Toronto is up and down and spring is in the air so my allergies are kicking. But of course, I automatically think I have corona!!

Glad to hear you are all doing well during these times even though it can still be tough, at least none of you have the virus!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Oh my goodness Ekua!. I love it!!! Love the background! Very very adorable! Your students must love it!! Kind of cool that I also have a face to put with your name!!! None of my kids’ teachers have dressed up for their zoom classes ....would be fun if at least the kindergarten teacher did once!
I downloaded some virtual zoom backgrounds from the Star Wars universe, but I haven’t been brave enough to use them in my zooms yet. Probably sitting in front of a Star Wars themed imperial star destroyer is not appropriate during my weekly bible study zoom meeting! oh well.....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread