Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2019, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Ok that is sooooo cool! I always forget they have different characters for their language. Filipinos still use the alphabets, but with missing letters...like we don't have C and V

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-15-2019, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah it’s weird! There’s no spaces in Thai language or no articles! And they don’t use tenses much. So it must be incredibly hard to learn English!
Old 02-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Beautiful writing Ekua I cant imagine learning to read that!!!!

I have to admit I know and have many tines copy pasted that is how lazy I was that day

House drama dealt with. Upstairs neighbors have a couple of issues that they we’re afraid were structural. Builder/architect and structural engineer met with us .... looked at our two units ( ours has no issues and would have if it had been structural since we are on first floor) so they will correct problem areas.

That good news and new pix.... great Valentine’s Day !
Old 02-16-2019, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Yes I can’t imagine how’d you’d even start! My wee ones are learning that on top of English..!

Happy your house drama is sorted!

Half term now...yay! A few days at the beach for me!
Old 02-17-2019, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks

Good for you....more fun in the
Old 02-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

Yes - spent all day by the pool reading and swimming...so lazy!
Old 02-18-2019, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

I'm happy thinking of you relaxing by the pool Ekua! I saw the picture on your FB pg....beautiful place

It is presidents day here in the US. We used to take the girls to my sisters condo on a ski hill in Maine every year this week. Pull them out of school and also use the long weekend. We would ski with my sister and her husband ( their 3 sons were grown and in college then so they enjoyed my little ones) podad skiid growing up and he is a great skier and still is. ... I had a little experience in my teens and fortunately was young enough in my 30s to get better. I loved being on the top of a mountain with the view below and the cold wind in your face and your family around and your kids happy and excited. Great memories especially now that my sister is gone

Liz and her family in NYC today. They went there yesterday after being in Hartford Connecticut Saturday where Tommy competed in the national ninja championship which he had qualified for. He was in the 6-8 yr old heat. He didn't get through.....not tall enough at 7 for especially one obstacle but it was a big crowd and non of them got to try the new course and he was nervous but he ended with a smile and was very brave. He got pretty far. Podad and I watched on our TVs youtube….that was fun.

They went to the American Girl store and the new world trade center and I don't know what else. Sent a cool picture of Anna Lee way up there looking out over the city at sunset. I don't think I could go up in that tower too high and scary.

Back from OC to real life...I need to get stuff done my house is a mess

all
Old 02-20-2019, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

So very sad right now. My sister lost her 2nd baby at 21 weeks A little boy (the first in our family for so long). So so sad. In only 2 and a half years we’ve lost my dad, my granddad and now this.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Ekua I'm so so sorry that is such a hard thing for your sister and her husband and her oldest little one and you and your mum yes that is so much to deal with in a short time there are no adequate words but please know we care and have very willing ears for what support we can give in this little community
Old 02-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Oh Ekua...I'm so so sorry to hear this. I can't even phantom what you are all going through right now. That is a lot to process in such a short time. Podmom is right, we are here if you need anything. I am sending you virtual hugs right now.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-21-2019, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you ladies; you’re so lovely

I’m just so very sad. It’s so horribly cruel. They nearly had to do a hysterectomy but luckily managed to avoid it. But obviously couldn’t save the baby I’m so grateful for my niece who is undoubtedly helping everyone focus and smile (she’s a crazy little one!) I just don’t know what to say to my sister...obviously nothing will help
Old 02-21-2019, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Terribly difficult about the almost hysterectomy Ekua Thank goodness for modern medicine and of course your little niece. I know my Grace was such a healing help for me when I lost my sister. Just being with her was such a healthy distraction. I would say listening to your sister might be the most important help. Old fashioned cards believe it or not can be a small comfort. I know the notes I got from my church family helped. Just knowing you are being thought of. I am sure you know all this since you are still grieving yourself
Old 02-21-2019, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

So glad your niece is around to keep you all smiling during these tough times. You're not home now right? When do you see them again?

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-22-2019, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

No Aubie I live in Thailand; my family is in Scotland. Not sure when i’ll go home again.

Thank you lovelies; your kind words mean a lot
Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan