Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2019, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

Oh wow...hopefully it’s okay for you to go!

So happy it’s the weekend; long, difficult week! The air pollution is bad here right now, so much so that the kids can’t get outside to play during break - being stuck inside all day makes it impossible to teach anything as they’re so hyper! Also inspection was this week...so glad it’s all done!
Old 01-29-2019, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh gosh right the air there must be so bad. My dad says in Philippines they use diesel for all their vehicles which is the worst kind. I really do hope the electric cars become more popular in these big cities to help with pollution.

We didn't snowshoe, but we skated so that was nice! Then of course we had our winter storm happen today. How convenient.

What is the inspection about?

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-30-2019, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

So bad they’ve closed all of the city schools until Monday!! The whole thing/handling of the situation is a disaster.

Anyways, off to the beach tomorrow for the night...hoping for some fresh sea air!

Typical Aubie! But glad you enjoyed skating!

School inspection....checking our teaching standards, planning and all that. Fun!
Old 02-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

Hope you are getting fresh air this weekend Ekua

Snow shoeing sounds fun ...: did you get to go aubie

I’ve been kept busy with much child care/visiting

Won’t be home till next weekend so I’ll have to pop in from the phone

Old 02-04-2019, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yes we did thank you! A few days by the beach was just what was needed!

Back to work now. Chinese New Year celebrations tomorrow!

Hope you get some relaxing time Podmom!
Old 02-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

Ahh I can't believe the air pollution is getting that bad they closed the school! That's scary!

Glad you got to go to the beach though and get some fresh sea air!!

Have fun babysitting and visiting Podmom!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yes crazy and stupid as obviously not a solution! But it got me a few days holiday!
Old 02-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Yeah that's true! Is your school walking distance to you or do you have to drive there?

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-06-2019, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

I taxi share...it’s only 10 mins at the most. Very cheap taxis in Bangkok....hence the pollution from cheap diesel fuel!
Old 02-07-2019, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Right. Do they have those tricycles? We called them poot poot in Philippines. They were bikes with passenger side seats.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-09-2019, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yes! Not so much in the city but outside for sure. Also tuk tuks and songthaews (like a pick up truck) where you can hop on and off!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

So do you know a lot of thai words? Do you have difficulties communicating with people there?

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

I love this conversation and those words for the interesting vehicles

I was mostly very busy this past couple of weeks but I took 2 days to OC by myself because I just needed to be alone for just a bit! I took my paints and painted a bit for the first time in some years which felt really good. I need to make time for that. I left my painting stuff there and am going back there tomorrow with podad so hopefully I paint some more.

Check out why I'm going to OC so soon on the JOFs....not a good reason ….a bit of an issue but I'm too lazy to type it all out again

Getting a relaxing icy weather, still in day today so catching up here on FF at last.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh I hope everything is ok Podmom. Glad you got some painting done though.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Aubie I only know a few Thai words! I can direct a taxi and I know (most) numbers. And I can order a few things in a Thai restaurant! I find it very hard to learn. It's a tonal language so that makes it hard for me! But i'm determined to try and get better. I have a friend who has been here for years and he's pretty much fluent. He can write it too which I find amazing!!

This is how you write 'chicken and cashew nuts' For an example!

ไก่และเม็ดมะม่วงหิมพานต์

Glad you got some quiet time Podmom and did some painting. I hope everything works out with the house! (and you can copy and paste stuff here if you want, no need to type again).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread