Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I hope you make it one day!
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I have been just googling a bunch of Philippines itinerary to try to book our trip next year! Im so excited. But I can only take 15 days off of work so it’s gonna be such a short visit. Do you have any tips for island hopping Ekua?

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

That’s so exciting Aubie! 15 days is still enough time for an awesome trip though!!

I’m thinking about going to the Philippines in April!

I think my only advice would be don’t spend too long in one place, and take ferries etc as early as possible to squeeze in as much time as you can!
Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Ohhh good tip!

We are going down there for a family event so we're most likely staying there for a few days to visit with them.

But I was thinking of going to Coron and Bohol for a couple of nights each island to just explore with my hubby.

Where are you planning on going?

And how do you deal with jet lag???

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-16-2019, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

exciting to listen to you two talk about your world travel

I'm home in my PA house relaxing this morning and having time on FF s
I have lots of house cleaning to do since my niece is coming back for her sophomore year of college. We will be in Maine but they will stay here the night while installing her. I've been away from this house a lot of the summer so worse then the usual mess

Leave the 20th for Maine

Spent a couple days with Liz and kids Tuesday till yesterday. Grace cries bitter tears when I leave I hate when I don't see them once a week I know many grandparents go big stretches but I know many (including my brother and all my friends) that live around the cornet from their kids and I have to work on the sin of coveting
Old 08-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

That sounds amazing Aubie! I think Palawan, El Nido....not exactly sure! My TA at work is from the Philippines, so I’ll need to ask her again!

With jet lag I’ve found the best way to deal with it is to adapt to local time as soon as you arrive and try and keep going! Even if I arrive somewhere early in the morning I try and go to bed at a regular hour. Drink lots of water, stay active and no alcohol....

Nice you’ve had some relaxing time Podmom! It must be hard not being as close as you wish, but maybe that makes the time all that more special
Old 08-18-2019, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

good jet lag advice

Yes it probably does make it a bit more special. Hard to tell for sure since every time I am with them seems special and I have never experienced living super close. I would just like to not have to stay the night when I visit. I can get away with one day and no night with Liz (hour drive each way) but not Emily. I should not compline though...very blessed to have them at all

You and aubie have opened my eyes to a part of the world I had never thought of visiting. Good to have my mind expanded
Old 08-18-2019, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

At the airport, my holiday is over already!! It went so fast!!!
Old 08-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Ahhh it did!

We leave tomorrow morning for Maine...hope to be posting on my phone from there.

I hope reentry goes ok!

Old 08-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Oh wow!! That did go by fast!! Safe Travels!!

Oh yay we're planning on going to Coron, Palawan instead because it's a little quieter...so I was told by youtube bloggers.

I'm obsessed right now in planning our trip. I've been watching youtube and looking up hotels, flights and activities!

Have a nice trip to Maine Podmom! Do you drive there or fly?

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-21-2019, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Have bad jet lag for the first time....it’s so awful!! Slept only 2 hours or so the previous two nights....so exhausted but my body won’t sleep...!
Old 08-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

That's what I'm afraid of!!

Me and my hubby went to Vancouver and the time difference was 4 hours and we were exhausted! I can't imagine 12 hours difference!

We leave Friday at 11pm and land Sunday at 4am! We lose all of our Saturday! So crazy.

Do you take any sleeping peels?

I'm Aubrey
Reply   Post New Thread