Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Podmom I'm the one who writes the lesson plans....they're not already there! I have the learning outcome and that's it.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ya here Aubrey

https://twitter.com/SarahMGellar?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Old 04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

What the heck i was searching for her on twitter and she didnt show, just her fan's twitter pages.

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-22-2017, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

I am spending my Saturday planning a lesson on Hiroshima and the atomic bomb....the goal is to get the kids to debate about whether America was justified in dropping the atomic bomb. It's so hard to know how much detail to go into, and what images etc. are appropriate for 10 year olds!! Obviously I think it's important they're taught about history etc. but a lot of this stuff is hard going!

This is why I want to teach younger kids, haha!!

Pulled a sickie from my job in the store....my bad!!
Old 04-22-2017, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Uggg Ekua lesson plans are hard enough to write ( I see you have to write all of yours.... you probably won't when you actually teach ...not all anyway) but this topic is way hard and really a question that is one for the ages but I know how my parents generation felt...besides of course horrified at the actual bomb and what it did and then my generation grew up terrified of it and had to do all those stupid duck and cover drills so we could have nightmares....which I did and still remember . All my WW2 relatives I ever talked to about it said it saved more lives in the long run....and that civilians ie women and children were being killed constantly for all those war years. They all agreed with the decision if that helps at all. The Japanese army at that time was way brutal to the WW2 prisoners of war so that totally colored their perspective too. But man 10 seems way too young for this discussion

On a MUCH lighter note....is there a picture of Jason with his brother/s? Seemed like it on twitter. Am I confused... I don't see it here on FF
Old 04-22-2017, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Podmom unfortunately you have to write lesson plans for every lesson you teach, no matter how experienced you are. Obviously right now mine are way longer and detailed than the teacher i'm working with and it takes me ages to do it....but unfortunately you need to do it....so much admin it's crazy.

Yeah that is the general thought....dropping it ended the war but killed hundreds of thousands...but if it hadn't been dropped there was potential for even more to die. I guess that's why it's always going to be debated....and really we just want to get the kids thinking about learn to have opinions about things...hopefully i'll get a good discussion going! There's like really smart kids in the class who ask me questions I don't know the answer to...and a couple who barely speak English....! It's hard.

Their topic this term was World War Two, so it's just coming to the end of it. After that we're doing Japan, looking at the country, culture etc. which should be a lot more lighthearted!
Old 04-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Well hopefully such a huge event that perhaps they have never heard of will really get them thinking and talking. That does seem like a big spread of intellect or whatever you would call that to contend with. I know you will a good facilitator Good they go into Japanese culture so they can see how that led to their mindset in WW2 lots of Samurai honor stuff with the kamikaze pilots and the leader committing Hari Kari. Very macho culture....another one that us women would want to avoid....back then at least. Interesting to see how that horror ( the bomb.. plus their role in WW2) changed their culture immensely. I'm sure that sparks some real thoughts in their developing minds.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

Hehe Podmom you know more about it than I do! I think we're just going to be comparing Japan to Scotland, weather, lifestyle etc. Doing some Japanese art. Looking at the food.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Ahh yeah that's a hard topic for 10 years!
I can't even imagine what your nights and weekends are like lesson planning Ekua! Sounds like a lot of homework after already a tiring workday!

Did you guys get the crazy Unicorn drink Starbucks had last week? Anyways it was sold out so fast, I luckily got one! It was so yummy!

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Nope, can't get it here. What is it actually?

Yeah Aubie it's exhausting. I spend all day in school...kids are in 8.50 to 3.15...i go in around 8 and leave at 5. Come home and plan till 9/10, collapse into bed and then do it all again. And then I work at the store at the weekend. And it's just such an awful emotional year I am just exhausted all the time.

Rant over!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

omg Ekua!!! You are a wonder woman!!! I'm exhausted just doing my office job and it's from 7 to 3!! I go home and still have a whole night to do nothing.

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Ekua I know you are really doing a wonderful job just getting all that done during such an emotional time and yet you still find time to be one of our fearless leaders. We really appreciate you coming and taking care of us

So I was in the er for 24 hours...I'm fine...if you want to hear what about you can check out the JOFs. No need to have it on two threads.

Last edited by podmom; 04-25-2017 at 11:32 AM
Old 04-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you ladies This place is definitely a great little release!!

Podmom I just read it and will post over there properly but glad everything turned out okay! That must have been scary.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

Awww so glad you are here with us too Ekua!!

Ohh ok i'll go check that thread right now!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Aww thank you Right back at ya! (everyone!)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread