Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you Podmom Even talking about it is hard. I don't like it. And my mum keeps telling me I have too....she's right but....no.

Sorry about your sister. It's so sad. Do you find speaking to someone professional helps? I've been toying with it....but it's not really something here people do.....I don't know. Trying to pretend it's not real is not going to work forever.

Thank God we have our little Poppy....(my niece). Poppy is the flower of remembrance which is fitting I guess.

Last edited by Ekua; 08-01-2017 at 01:49 PM
Old 08-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Oh Ekua if you ever need to talk we are here!! I can't even imagine what you are going through. And you too Podmom!!! Sorry about your sister. Gosh i am so blessed to still have my close members of the family. I really try not to take them for granted now especially since we are all getting older.

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks aubie yea don't take any loved ones for granted. Time does fly by.

Ekua I do think a good counselor is very helpful to talk through lots of different issues but it isn't easy to find a good one. I finally found a great one and podad and I have seen her for years....and separately too. Liz and I went to her right after my sister died together which was a first. I haven't found time to talk to her again but I intend to. Does your health insurance cover it? I say give it a shot...if you don't find it helpful stop. You can talk about your anxiety that is something I struggle with and that is an easy one to talk about and get help with. It is very common to see one now in the US but it wasn't when we first went. It felt embarrassing....now I am very open about it and have sent at least 6 or 7 ppl to her. I keep her card with me to share.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Aubie That's so sweet of you to say. It's hard. I was very close to my dad. I had ponies as a child and he was always the one who took me to horse shows and helped me with all of that. He was just the best.

Yeah Podmom I can get bereavement counseling with the national health service. I just need to go ask my doctor to refer me to someone. I can chose to go private if I wish but that would cost way too much. I'll definitely look into it.

On a lighter note....I was looking at National Geographic's travel photo winners....some are just amazing.

2017 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year | National Geographic
Old 08-02-2017, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

to you both Ekua and PodMom, dealing with such big griefs. I think you pretty much can tell right away if a counselor is going to 'work' or is a stupid jerk/waste of time (I saw one of those). But talking is good.

Those are amazing photos! We live in such a beautiful world.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you It's just part of life I guess.

Yes some of those photos are stunning. I love looking at pictures of nature/people in their everyday lives. It's my plan B!

So....is it weird if a guy in his early 30's still lives with his parents...?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

Awww dad's are the best!! I love my dad so much!!!

ohhh is this guy your date? And no I think it's common now for guys at that age to live with parents. it just means they'll have money saved up. hopefully!!

i loved those pictures!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

No he's a guy i'm chatting to on a dating site He seems sweet but i'm a little hesitant as to why he's never left....or making an effort too....maybe i'm being way too judgy about the whole thing!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

thanks ML

Those are great pix Ekua

I don't think it is a deal breaker...the living at home thing but I would want to know what his job is or is that too awkward/nosey when talking on a dating site?
Old 08-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I asked him He works in an office....not that I necessarily care what his job is...as long as he's happy with it etc.

I just find it a little strange he's had no inclination to move out of home.....maybe there's another reason....

And this is why i'm still single. I'm so damn picky!
Old 08-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Oh Ekua you make me laugh!

My sister still lives at home too. She's 32 now. But she loves to travel so living at home really helps with that.

Does he like to travel?

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

I asked him and he says only short flights...so I'm a bit like hmm not good! He says he's not ready to leave hone yet....

If he lived at home and traveled it would be different....but nope. I don't know why I'm so hung up on it!
Old 08-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah that would be something to question. Because the independence is hotter than a guy who has his mom probably still doing his laundry...

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Totally!! I just find it odd....like I get it if you've moved home after being away for financial reasons or such like, but to never have bothered...
Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Yeah that is a fair enough judgement.

Maybe you will be the woman who tells him that it's lame to be living with parents still... give him a hint.

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread