Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah so just spend it!

Ah fun!!!! So nice to have a holiday to look forward too! Not long till Amsterdam for me, yay!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

When are you going again? So exciting eh!?

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Beginning of July! So soon! And last day at the store next week!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Yay to 'retiring' from work at the store! And woohoo that your vacation is around the corner Ekua!

I just realized 4th of July day off here is a Tuesday, so it would make sense to take Monday off and have a looong weekend, but we don't have any plans made. Maybe we should make some! Poor Mr ML is so bored being retired (but not bored enough to go back to work).

I was shocked to hear Amazon just bought the grocery store chain where he worked, Whole Foods! For $13.7 billion dollars. Who had that many billion dollars lying around?

Yes, the conservative governments are destroying everything - it's very sad. UK politics seems to be in a mess, although it's so complicated I'm not sure I understand it. And US politics is such a painful subject now.. And my sister-in-law, if you say the milk has gone sour, she'll say "That's because Donald Trump is president!" She brings the conversation around to him and how terrible he is, on a daily basis. It gets old...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I can't wait!!!

Yeah the UK is in a mess. I honestly don't know if I want to stay around, and I definitely don't want to bring my (hopefully) children up here. Brexit is going to be a complete disaster. At least in the US you can hopefully vote Trump out in a few years (if he's not impeached first!). Here we're stuck with it even though Scotland didn't vote for it!

Yeah, the US and UK - once powerful, now laughing stocks around the world. My US friends abroad are too embarrassed to say where they're from. They just say they're Canadian!
Old 06-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad the hot tub was fun Ekua and that you will take a month off before working!!! Great idea. I love that age 5/6 they still can actually be affected by positive reinforcement. No homework ( hopefully) In the US that is called kindergarten and you don't teach any real reading...just letters and numbers a little. I think 1st grade (here 6/7) is way harder because of the learning to read thing. Will you have to teach hard core reading?

I see you loving retirement ML accept it takes adjusting being with the husband all day when you are used to a break. it was great when they asked podad to come back after he retired. Gave me time to prepare mentally he is mostly retired all of a sudden but they keep calling for his expertise so he still goes in sometimes and has conference calls at home.

I don't trust any politicians and the world is in a hot mess but I still am very proud of be an American and feel very fortunate to live here. There are WAY worse places to live especially for a woman than here or the UK that is for sure. Just sayn'
Old 06-21-2017, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Podmom the kids I have are going to be starting 2nd grade, (primary 2) so already 1 full year of school and nursery (pre-school). So yup reading, writing, French...everything. I'm not sure of the school's homework policy yet, but usually it's reading, spelling words and little things like that. I think reading is very important at the early stages (and storytime - I'm excited for that!)

But I think kids start school way too young here (4/5!)
Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

wow that is young....our kids are still in preschool.

So you will be a really important part of these kids education. I know you will be great but it is a big responsibility so of course a little anxiety producing . By the second month you will be doing it like you've been doing it forever The other teachers will be encouraging. Teaching feels like a big family in some ways. The kids spend all day with you...like a second mom.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to catch up on this board

Old 06-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Old 06-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

podmom you're killing me with these gifs!!

I'm Canadian!! But I think we also have our own political issues here with good looking Justin.

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-22-2017, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Podmom so glad you and your gifs are back!

Yeah Podmom it's terrifying and exciting! I met the kids today...they were so excited, bless them! They asked if it was nearly August so we could start! My planning partner seems lovely and my mentor too.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Ekua those wee kids are so fortunate to be getting you!!!

aubie I must bring out one of my famous sayings...I have underwear older than your prime minister
Old 06-23-2017, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

omg i love that gif!!

bahahahaha podmom!!!! yes he is a very young prime minister. my boss dislikes him, he's very conservative and always ends his arguments with...at least he has good hair!

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

he does have good hair

well I have to go home ( I've been at my beach house the past few days hence all this time to post.) Back to some busy days but I'll try to slip on if I can