Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh man Ekua, when I went to Scotland last year the exchange rate was awful (from CAD to GBP)...I would give like $1000 CAD to the bank and get like 450 GBP in return And the prices there are kind of the same as here, so ouch!

Old 10-11-2015, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

Money worries are troubling. That is what fan forum is for .... Cheap calorie free diversion . Thanks FF
Old 10-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very true

Old 10-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I've spent crazy money this past week!! But it's been so lovely seeing my friends again. Lots of yummy food, spa days and today horse riding on the beach. Perfect
Old 10-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so happy for you Ekua sounds amazing..... Especially the horses on the beach!!!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does sound amazing How much longer are you there??

Old 10-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

My friend I work with (proofreading coordinator for my medical journal) who lives in St Louis is self employed and early 40s and has saved $0 for retirement. Plus her hubby has changed jobs a lot, has just gone back to become a nurse and she's supporting them at the moment. I was encouraging her to try to put away something, even a little bit is better than nothing. But I was probably close to that age when I started saving too, so I guess it's pretty common - you can't save it, if you don't have it!

Yes the Pound has stayed very strong. Last I remember 1 pound was worth $3 US, but of course it fluctuates ($1 is worth 65 cents UK right now!) When I went to Denmark, $1 US dollar was 8 Danish krone (it's 6.5 now) and I am awful with the 8 multiplication tables - lol, but the prices were sort of equivalent, as an ice cream that might be $3 in the US was $24 kroner, and I had to remind myself I wasn't paying $25 DOLLARS for an ice cream! lol. Or a $25 hair cut would be cost 200 kroner! Never mind me, I'm bad with math...

What really shocked me was when Canadian money became worth more than the US, and nobody used to want to take those Canadian pennies, dimes, nickels that sneak into our change, and suddenly they were worth more (but they still don't want to take 'em, confuses the vending machines).

I am really liking that new show 'Limitless' with the red-haired guy (Jake McDorman)and the gal who used to be Dexter's sister (and Bradley Cooper as the shadowy bad guy). It's based on that movie Cooper was in (that I didn't see), guy who takes a pill to be temporarily really smart and works for the FBI (but it's complicated).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Bad with math.... Me too

I like the sound of that show.... What channel?
Old 10-15-2015, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

'Limitless' is on Tuesday night on CBS, same channel/right after NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans. (I saw Dinozzo from NCIS is going to do a crossover with NCIS: LA - for some reason, I never watched that spin off, it didn't appeal to me). Probably like CSI Miami was so much stupider than regular CSI - the stories just didn't make any sense at all and I didn't like that lead guy, David Caruso, either - he went to the William Shatner school of acting. Although I did watch it when my actor boy Kyle Schmid - the shirtless curly boy at left in my avi - was on it once (that episode didn't make sense and the solution was unbelievable too).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-16-2015, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

I saw commercials for that show limitless. And i love how Debra from Dexter is in it! Hope the show does well!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-17-2015, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Yes, Dexter's sister is sort of the co-lead in the show - she's really good in it (having played a copy, playing an FBI agent isn't a big stretch!)

It might do well with the NCIS lead in - time will tell!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-17-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm being 'forced' to watch Narcos on Netflix, because we only have one TV

Old 10-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't heard of any of those shows! But Limitless sounds good
Old 10-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Narcos is actually good, not sure what I was complaining about

Old 10-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Was so tired Tues night I slept through the entire episode of 'Limitless'!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread