Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

I will find something to send you

yeah, no difference between santa and satan!!
Old 11-24-2016, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Do you have thanksgiving this week too Ekua?

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-24-2016, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

No, we don't celebrate it here

The kids know about it, but that's really all there is to it.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

ohhh ok! yeah we didn't have one in Philippines either.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty sure it's only a USA/Canada thing......
Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Hi girls.... slipping in before ppl wake up

Well I kind of hosted....I cooked everything ( my brother in law helps me a lot....we two usually do the cooking....he helps with the turkey and cole slaw and potatoe and turnip cutting up) I do all the baking and the rest. This year we carted everything to my daughters house(cooked the turkey there) cause it is easier with the baby there. My sister and her hubby are with us this year too. They leave today. Emily had thanksgiving with her husbands family but then she came home here yesterday( her husband and his father and brother went to their vacation rustic { ie not enough modern facilities for Emily to like it } and worked on building the cabin/extra bedroom outbuilding they are building themselves)...so that freed her up to come home ) and Liz, her hubby and the three kids came here yesterday for dinner....same meal just cooked anther turkey breast and had the left overs everything else. We played a little football with the kids...Tommy is really into watching football with his dad and really wanted us to play. Podad made a fire outside so the kids liked fiddling with that....throwing leaves and sticks on. The baby did pretty good sleeping here ( I have a crib) but an hour in the car to get and leave here can be a drag.....she only cried the last 20 minutes on the way home home not too bad. I'll get dinner and tonight alone with Emily( which is way calmer!) since sister and bro_inlaw are leaving this morning to drive back to Virginia... Emily will leave tomorrow ( with all the rest of the traffic )

I'm hoping I get to regroup at home Monday

That is a high up song Ekua Nice of you to share your plane thing Yikes never made the spelling connection with the Santa thing interesting

Anna Lee did the cutest little thanksgiving show for us....she had had a paper pilgrim hat from school....she wanted Grace to be the turkey and had made a bib turkey thing for her but Grace was not into it so I made paper pilgrim hats and Indian headdresses for her American Girl dolls and she did an amazing rendition of the whole pilgrim story just from what she has learned at preschool and now school...took like 10 minutes...even drew the Mayflower and sang a song she learned at school and recited a poem. We were all impressed. We saw some show last night where a guy went around to random ppl asking thanksgiving facts....man ppl knew nothing 7 yr old Anna Lee knew way more than these adults. Shocking but kind of funny to watch. Anna Lee has trouble in math and seems to have ADD which makes for learning difficulties but she loves to be on stage and really does well. Interesting.

I hope [B]ML,keepsmiling,Wen and any other ppl who do the turkey thing[/] had a nice one!

Last edited by podmom; 11-26-2016 at 05:49 AM
Old 11-26-2016, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving Podmom It's lovely when all the family can get together. I can't believe you eat turnip!! I hate it It's something Scottish people eat to celebrate Burns night (the poet Robert Burns) and we call it neeps. I think it tastes horrible!

So cute of Anna Lee to do that! I guess she was really paying attention in school. I don't have a clue about the story of Thanksgiving....

There's a girl in my class who has ADD. She also loves to perform and is really into singing and dancing and anything creative. She struggles with maths and reading but gets a lot of extra support. It's lucky she's in a school that has the resources to provide that. She can be really disruptive though and i'm finding it so hard to deal with. She'll randomly start singing in the classroom, shout out, dance around....I know she's just testing me right now but i'm worried it's going to affect my chances of passing. I have wonderful teachers who keep reassuring me i'm just learning and all the things i'm struggling with are to be expected at this stage of my teaching (only 3 weeks in!) and i've not to worry!

But of course I do. All the freaking time.

I volunteered to be an elf at the school Christmas fair today! It was so lovely. I had to take the children round to see Santa in his makeshift grotto! I was so amazed by how many of the children actually believed he was the real Santa! It was so cute. And the Santa was so funny, singing jingle bells as they came in and pretending he was speaking to his elf helpers in the North Pole when the kids told him what they wanted for Christmas.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhhhh loving imagining our little Ekua as a Santas elf Liz and Maria were elves in a fun Christmas eppie

So obviously since I am on FF I'm getting to regroup from last week today

Well the "turnips" I use are really rutabeggas(sp)....they are big and yellowish not white and purple....but they are kind of bitter so I mash them with cream/butter and lots of sugar like my mother....kind of for us old pps the younger ones don't eat them

I love that you guys have a Burns night and celebrate poetry I love poetry!
Old 12-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

I'm exhausted.....so much to do and so little time.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

20 Days till Christmas you guys!!! I'm so tired! I can't wait to have some time off!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

20 days?!

me too....way too much to do and not nearly enough time

Podad and I spent the weekend mostly putting up our tons of Christmas decorations...the outside lights and getting the tree... putting those lights on the tree....and all the other decorations. My last job is to put the gazillion decorations on the tree todayalong with many other chores..

Nice to have these new pix of our lovely couple to perk me up
Old 12-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
ML here is Arnold's instagram account, you can see pictures there

https://www.instagram.com/arnoldthedachshund/
Oh thanks! I can't believe the dog has his own instragram account, but a dog that cute should have one! He's adorable. You could get rich with that dog - I saw a dachshund calendar,
Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund - guy dressed the dog up and takes pictures of him. Made enough money that he quit his job and is living off the dog! (I ordered the calendar for my niece - my brother has two dachshunds and she is crazy about them).

Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund - Wiener Dog Extraordinaire

Poddy that was quite a Thanksgiving (ew, but I'd skip the turnips - lol!) Although we had beets, which people find equally gross. Glad you had time with your girls, grands, and wow about AnnaLee putting on a Thanksgiving show for everyone. Maybe she'll have a career on the stage - a lot of actors are very high energy/ADD (and some dyslexic, although how they learn scripts is a mystery).

I brought out the decorations (winter/Hanukah) but haven't put them up yet. Also bought stamps and dragged out the cards, but haven't done any yet. And I'm away all next week with Mlette, visiting my Dad, so that takes a chunk of holiday preparation time away! Turned the calendar over and immediately started stressing! Although with no Christmas this year (no family Christmas with hubby's family) a lot less gifts and stress.

Ekua I was thinking neeps and tatties were a Scottish thing to eat! So cute you were Santa's elf. And yes, kids truly believe. We had a Halloween party at my kids' preschool and I went as a witch, and because I had a witch hat, they were terrified of me! Didn't matter I was Mlette's Mum they saw every day, put on a black pointy hat, and I'm a witch! Same with Santa, I guess. Kids have lots of magical thinking.

I'm sure you'll do well with your teaching. LOL, I am always singing too - maybe I had ADD and never knew it. ;p Did get sent to the principal's office/made to stand out in the hall a lot in elementary school for speaking out of turn.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Oh forgot what I came for - Jensen Ackles, from Supernatural, and his wife just had twins, and typical Hollywood, gave them the stoopidest names: Zeppelin Bram and Arrow Rhodes!
What are they going to call him, Zeppo? And I assume they are Led Zeppelin band fans, but a Zeppelin is a BLIMP, so I hope the kid doesn't end up being fat..
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

ML I am so shocked you ever got in trouble in school! Let alone often. That is very surprising to me for some reason but you are a rebel and wouldn't watch American Idol

Oh yea your trip to Florida will be right in the midst of holiday season. At least you girls can give your dad a little pre holiday cheer.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Why wouldn't you watch American Idol MyrnaLynne? Kudos to you for skipping it though! I admit it's my guilty pleasure....

Zeppelin and Arrow?! They're pretty awful.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread