Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2016, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

I just edited that violent stuff off my other post because I regretted giving it any time.

It was hard for me to hear such negative stuff about my country and I got emotional. Emotions make it very hard to be curious about the opposite view.

I was curious about any violence done by Trump supporters. I found little thus far. Nothing like that video. PPl at the rallys shouting down anti Trump ppl.. I saw some of the paid agitators that were mentioned in the wikileaks doing their thing. I am sure it has happened though somewhere. I know there has been hate speech and writings at schools and a group email to blacks at University of Penn from a racist in Oklahoma. I will keep researching because I want to know.

Right now I am waiting for Obama and Hillary to address the protests. Here in the US people are starting to read things into their silence. It would benefit the US and the democratic party for them to speak now. After they speak...hopefully.... Trump should speak too but most here feel it would be fitting for them now since it is their ppl that are in mass actually causing trouble. It would seem like Trump was pushing into President Obama's place precipitately. He needs to really act respectful now and not seem like he is in power. We shall see if he can control his ego that gets in his way so often. Time will tell.

Me too I need to shut up

We can start the peace movement here
Old 11-13-2016, 07:04 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......your points were well written.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Yes Podmom Sorry, I get very passionate about things and at times don't know when to stop. I need to try and control it at times.

So, apparently this weekend there is going to be a super moon! The closest a full moon has been to earth since 1948, and we won't see again until 2034. I hope it's as spectacular as is being reported!! I love stuff like that

I have my first proper lesson tomorrow morning.... I'm teaching poetry - they're hopefully going to be able to write a poem about winter using alliteration! So nervous...

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 11-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you keepsmiling I respect you so much that having you say that means a lot. plus I love when you post because I like knowing you are out there

Ekua No apologies necessary dear heart I love a good debate I am stoked about the super moon too ! I hope we all have a cloudless night tomorrow. I told the grandkids about it and that their parents need to take them outside to see it. I still remember how into the moon AnnLee was when she was a wee one. Moon was one of her first words. I don't think Grace has seen it yet so she needs to get out tomorrow night too. She loves being outside and hasn't been out in the dark hardly at all. BTW she turns one soon. Nov 19th. It has been quite a year since she was born three huge life events in one year. The birth of another grandchild, the death of my mother and the marriage of my youngest daughter. I need a calm year this year.

Teaching is such a wonderful thing
to be doing with your life.

Tomorrow will be so successful, there
will be no strife.

Try to relax and sleep so you are
awake for your drive. starting to really reach there for a rhyme

Tell us tomorrow how you survived.
all those crazy butterflies. you know the ones in your tummy

I know it will go well and am excited to hear about it

Old 11-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you

My class are lovely children which really helps! Still like to give hugs and get all excited about singing silly songs!

I am excited to be there in the run up to Christmas (a word we don't mention in Primary School until December as the kids get too hyper ). There's a lot going on, Christmas carol concert, trips to the theater, the kids are designing a Christmas gift bag - lots of fun things! And of course keeping me super busy and occupied!

Yes I really hope we all get to see the super moon well!! I am in the city though so it might be as amazing....but hopefully!!

So cute one of AnnaLee's first words was moon! That's adorable.

Aww thank you for the poem. I love it.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend!

2016 is such a sad year with all these deaths and things happening in the world. It's crazy.

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Total Fan

The super moon was amazing to see. I had to walk pretty far away from our house to get away from trees, but it was worth the effort.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Aww that's great Keepsmiling

I missed it!! Too cloudy here. Meh.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey everyone Sorry I've been slacking with coming here again. Puppies are tiring!! I need to catch up on this thread.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

No worries Lisa!! Arnold is adorable! Don't blame you for spending time with him!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

puppies need lots of attention good to see you Lisa

Ahhhh Ekua that is wonderful you get to share the Christmas joy and excitement with those sweet little ones...that is special and makes your time there more fun that silly poem was just my silly way of solidarity

keepsmiling I'm glad one of us saw it it was too cloudy for us too the kids were disappointed but hopefully the clouds clear out tonight. I won't be there tonight but I will be tomorrow night so maybe then.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

I missed the supermoon yesterday - looked out all the windows last night, didn't see it. Mr ML mentioned it the night before and I looked out and saw, well, a regular looking full moon. Meh! The moon is pretty cool - looks like a kindly face in the sky - that can't be a coincidence, that it has a 'face.'

Yes, Mr ML got oddly excited about politics and he'd say 'Your man Trump..' and I'd say "He's not my Trump!!' (I didn't like either of them; I didn't vote for either of them; I have disliked Hilary Clinton for years and years, since she was First Lady.) I was worried that a Trump victory would give all the haters encouragement to act on their hate/validate them, and there have been a few incidents, even up here in liberal New England, of people saying "This is Trump country now, go back where you came from" etc. Gay people being beaten up, etc. And I guess he just added some horrible person to his Cabinet? I am firmly hoping that he will surprise all the doubters (like he did by getting elected - none of the media thought he had a chance) and do a good job as President and sort out some of our current troubles. Or at least, not make any of them worse!

And it's the electoral vote that counts, not the popular vote - some system set up so populous states don't decide things for less populated states? IDK, it's a weird system. I think they should give each state 2 electoral votes and the person who gets closes to 100 wins. The way it's set up now, a few key states still decide the election, so it's still not fair.

Though one of my history-oriented friends on FB said this wasn't nearly the ugliest presidential rivalry, it was the forgotten Tilden vs. Rutherford B. Hayes (also fairly forgotten president) election in the 1800s.

Ekua glad the teaching is going well - of course it's scary at the beginning, everything new is! But the more you do it, the more confidence you'll have. And it's good the kids are nice. MLette's fellow John was a teacher and he taught rich bratty spoiled teens (or preteens) who were so rude and so entitled, he decided teaching wasn't for him.

Vacatia you have a new puppy?! I am in total puppy envy. Mr ML won't let us get another dog Although I don't think I'd start with a puppy (we're too old), I'd get an older dog (who is housebroken already and not prone to mischief/chewing things up...)

Podmom I can't believe Grace is turning 1! I remember my cousin was born near Thanksgiving and we went to see him when I was a kid and I thought they should have named him "Turkey Marks" - lol! Thought that was a perfectly reasonable name for a Thanksgiving baby. Like Christmas babies are named 'Noel' sometimes. :p Your son-in-law is named Robert Vaughn! Now he'll be the only one and people won't make Man from UNCLE jokes to him anymore.

Yes, you went through MAJOR things in the past year. It's a testament to your strength and faith that you made it through them all. Wishing you and us all a peaceful 2017!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 11-15-2016 at 09:07 AM
Old 11-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

I'm bummed I missed it!! Some of the pictures i've seen on FB are amazing!!

Thank you MyranLynne. It's such hard work; i'm always exhausted!!! But it's a constant learning curve and I have to learn not to be too hard on myself and realise everyone makes mistakes!!

I don't think any election is fair. In the UK you can win with like 30% of the vote or something ridiculous. Every single area in Scotland voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU. But because England is much larger and voted to leave, we are being dragged with them.

Wow baby Grace is 1!! Time goes so quickly! Scary!!

Aww MyranLynne you should get an older dog maybe. Something that won't have a ton of energy!!
Old 11-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Missed the moon too. Saw it this morning though. It was still big and bright at 7:30am!

Nice to see you here ML! You wishing Trump would suprise people reminded me of a post i saw on fb about how people are wishing Trump would fail, then someone compared it a plane full of people hoping a pilot would fail. I thought that was pretty clever. Oh here i found it!

I'm Aubrey
Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

That is a good quote aubie here's hoping! Time will tell.

Thanks ML you are kind 💞 And a good friend

Teaching is very hard work Ekua but rewarding and like ML said it gets easier with experience. You will be a pro soon!