Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Hmmmm about the asking to hold hands....my first reaction is that it had to be pretty awkward to say the least. What did you say? I think attraction happens pretty fast. I'm feeling sorry for that guy though cause he was being sweet in a little bit of a weird way.

Good for you though staying in the game! What's up with first guy?
Old 02-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yeah! I kinda laughed it off! Bless. He was very sweet...we had dinner at a cute little place by the water then went for a walk. He was easy to talk too...we have lots of common...but....I didn't feel a spark. But maybe I expect too much? Love is not like the movies....(damn KaDee and her constant mush! )
Old 02-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

No question culture/movies/books etc has set up VERY unreal expectation of relationships!!!! FB too is guilty. If he wasn't horrible I would give him another chance. Another date won't kill you plus who knows first impressions are not always correct

Did he pay?
Old 02-17-2017, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

yeah that's the movie we watched in English class too! Along with the Leo version which was so popular during our time cus he was close to our age then.

i think its adorable that he asked to hold your hands!! It was a very polite thing to do! Remember they are just as nervous are you are. I really do give credit to these guys because, yeah, the romantic movies out there really set up some high standards for them. i just picture my little nephew going on dates soon!! he's 12 this year!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Aww thanks ladies you've convinced me to give him another date!

Yup he did pay. I offered to split though! I always do and hope they refuse, haha! That's awful I know. The other guy paid dinner but I bought drinks at a bar. I'm okay with that!
Old 02-18-2017, 03:52 PM
We Will Rise

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Yay Ekua, I'm glad you're going on another one!

Old 02-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yeah....why not?

Now though it's just about finding time!! And he lives a little far which is annoying...outta the city and over the bridge!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Oh good we get to live vicariously through your dating some more Ekua

Absolutely not awful to offer to pay and hope he doesn't...you and every girl on a date these days. My day....never offered to pay....one of the perks of the olden days. My HS boyfriend payed for every single thing we did for the 5 years ( we were engaged for a year...but he cheated during that year in a big way and that was it for him plus I had never been with anyone else...I knew that was probably a mistake... I was only 19 when we broke up) and he considered himself lucky to get to pay for the privilege of my company and he was

On a much much more sober note our dear friend Wen just asked us for prayer for her precious little grandson Brayden he was just diagnosed with leukemia . He is not yet 3. He started chemo yesterday I believe. I thought you who don't stop by the JOFs would want to know. There is nothing more heartbreaking or scary than this. The power of prayer and our amazing medical treatments give total hope

Last edited by podmom; 02-20-2017 at 08:28 AM
Old 02-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Podmom that's what my friends say!! It's hard though....I don't really find it all that fun; just stressful! But I have enjoyed being in the company of men again...even if nothing comes of it!

Podmom I didn't know you were engaged in High School! Of course he was lucky to have you. And an idiot to cheat

That is very sad news about Wen's little grandson. He's so young to have to go through something so awful.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Well not quite HS but freshman year of college still young. Way young by today's standards.

Just keep saying to yourself..... he has the privilege of my company which we all can attest to Ekua

Yea it is stressful but there are more stressful things than dating random strangers

I Know..... I at this point still can't believe this news regarding Brayden
Old 02-21-2017, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

I'm double posting to bring good news.....on FB this morning I saw after a bone marrow test Brayden does not have cancer. What wonderful news. For a full report look on the JOF thread where Wen posted the update.

Off now to be with my daughter and grandkids today and then I leave for Atlanta Georgia tomorrow. My church is sending me and 4 other women to a women's leadership conference encomposing the northeast of our denomination. There will be lots of women seeking God's wisdom for our own journey of transforming grace and for a chance to be taught how to better serve Him through ministry. I leave tomorrow and will get home Saturday evening so I will be a little MIA but I'll post from my phone.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Ohh that's great news about the little boy podmom!!

And yea I didn't know you were engaged at 19! Ugh cheated too!?! Gosh I wouldn't know how to trust a man after that! Glad you met podad!

Yay to Ekua on her dating stories!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Oh that's wonderful news about the wee guy! Hopefully they figure things out soon

Hope all goes well in Atlanta
Old 02-22-2017, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I want to to go to Georgia Savannah so bad. It's all because of the movie "Midnight in the garden of good and evil"

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-22-2017, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

No, I'm pretty sure I never saw that Romeo and Juliet movie.

Ekua seems polite to ask, rather than just grab (in all activities - ) I vote with the 'one more chance' crowd. Yes, dating is so tricky now (life in general is too).

LOL, another 'over the river and through the woods..'

oh I didn't realize Laverne Cox beat out KaDee for that role - wouldn't it have been weird, Jason's wife and ex acting together? A commercial came on for that show and hubby said "I have NO desire to see that show." It looks awful. I wish Katherine Heigl well, she has all those kids to support but her projects have crashed and burned lately. (Sort of like Harrison Ford's airplane trips recently.. ooh, bad joke..) I wonder if the airplane board will take his pilot's license away - people get too old to drive, I assume they get too old to fly even sooner!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread