Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let us know how it goes!

And ML, you know, I do agree everything you've said there The close-in of Emma's face during her audition was like, whoa there. I liked the songs, the dancing was fine. Ryan was better than Emma I think. Still hate the ending!

And Arnold got his cone off today!!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Luxry I forgot to give you sympathy for Arnold I'm glad for you both his cone is off!
Old 01-25-2017, 05:47 AM
Master Fan

Yeah poor Arnold couldnt be a dog for a while with the cone! Hooray for cone off!!

Ohhh date is tonight Ekua!

And I hope Anna Lee feels much better. I did mean the Norwalk virus, don't know how to spell it.

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Today is Robert Burns Day in Scotland! So happy Burns day to you all!

Basically a celebration of a poet and traditionally people eat haggis, neeps and tatties (turnip and potatoes). But I never do!!
Old 01-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always wanted to be in Scotland for Robbie Burns!

Old 01-26-2017, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

I've never once celebrated it!!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Happy Robert Burns day! Don't know about the neeps, but the taties would be okay! And the poetry reading. I remember in elementary school, a teacher had a Scottish guy come in and read a Robert Burns poem to us, with the proper accent. And then she asked him what it mean and he had no idea!

Do you mean 'norovirus' the thing that gives people diarrhea/throwing up? A lot of outbreaks of that lately (not just on cruise ships either).

Yay for Arnold getting the cone off. We had to put a cone on Elmo, our late basset mix and he almost went catatonic over it - we had to take it off again - plus it was so huge (big head but low to the ground) he kept getting stuck and couldn't move.

Emma Stone did act the heck out of her acting auditions (and her role in the movie, of course). I just think it's Hollywood congratulating themselves, giving this film SO many award nominations. It was original, I'll give it that (not a re- re- remake). Mr ML wanted a happy ending too. Although I think the ending was pretty true to life (hm, unliked the rest of the movie?)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I don't like neeps...and I don't understand Burns poetry either! Cool you had someone come in and read to you during elementary school though!

Oh don't spoil La La Land please! I want to see it!

Date went well! I liked him...lots to talk about (no awkward pauses!), made me laugh, lovely eyes ...About the baby thing...they split up before she told him she was pregnant....when he found out he suggested they try and make it work...it didn't....so now he's trying to work out proper custody etc. It's the only thing I'm wary about....
Old 01-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

He sounds like a stand-up wonderful guy and you shouldn't worry too much about the baby/kid, I don't think. Everybody has some sort of baggage, this is his! Sounds like you really hit it off really well. Exciting! We like him already!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-26-2017, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh the date sounded good Ekua I like the sound of him not just bailing on his child. Many men would do that. Lovely eyes sound good did you guys plan to meet up again? BTW any kid in your life you don't have to actually be pregnant with isn't all bad

I like neeps
Old 01-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

I was thinking of you Ekua last night wondering how your date was going! So glad it went well! And oh my gosh, his story is just like my brother in-law! Except he didn't try to work it out with the mom cause he knew that they wouldn't work out. So he gets his kid every other weekend.

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-27-2017, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

Aww thank you ladies!! You're all so sweet. I love us

Yeah we've been messaging the past few days. He is away on holiday this weekend but hopefully next week we'll arrange something

At the moment he see's his son every other weekend. He is serious about being in his life which obviously I admire him for...I don't think I could be with someone who disregarded their child. But there's a tiny part of me thinking he's always going to have this other woman in his life....if things do get serious and we have kids (this is the crazy stuff I think about that drives me mad!) ours won't be his first....

Still chatting to other guys on the site though....so we will see!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Ekua this al sounds very promising! Oh very good you are still chatting up other guys...go out with as many as you can. Keep this guy in the mix for sure. If he is the one the baby stuff will work itself out. You aren't 21 so there is a very good chance whoever you find your age will have some kind of past woman either wife or something. Hopefully he will have figured life out a little better from that. I'm excited for you

Hi aubie wan
Old 01-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah of course I expect ex girlfriends etc. but babies are different....and a baby mama who will always be around! But it's only one date so we'll see!

I went to visit my new class yesterday. I have a Primary 2 (aged 5/6), and in a class of 27 there are 8 different nationalities!! But luckily most of them speak English well, and the ones that don't have good understanding so that really helps! They seem like lovely, sweet kids so fingers crossed!

My friend is in a school in a pretty deprived area. They have a teeth-cleaning class every day as the teacher said it probably never happens for them at home.....I think i'd find that hard to deal with it but obviously it's part of it.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Yeah Ekua that's what you'll have to live with is to see if you're ok to live knowing having a kid with him won't be his first with. I know that feeling and i know it would bug me and i would resent him later. But that's me. I would be ok if i had a kid and he had a kid then i know we both have bagges and exes to deal with.

Awww have fun in you new class!! And that is sad with your othee friend who has to teach the simple things you thing you'd learn at home.

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread