Old 01-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

TV/Magazine Appearances #17: Because Old Or New We Love Watching His Interviews

TAYLOR KITSCH TV/MAGAZINE APPEARANCES

"For all his chiseled beauty, Riggins—Kitsch, too, for that matter—
doesn't seem in the least vain or self-regarding. Peter Berg, FNL's creator,
describes Kitsch as "a guy who's won the genetic lottery, only he doesn't know it."
I disagree with Berg. I think Kitsch does know it. He just refuses to let it
go to his head, to **** him up."

Taylor Kitsch Lives Up to Our Fantasies

"But the 32-year-old British Columbia native possesses a surprising absence of vanity.
Kitsch bought a home in Austin while filming FNL, and still lives there,
ducking the Hollywood spotlight as much as possible. When I met up
with him in New York, he wore a T-shirt and jeans to a luxury hotel
lounge and asked if I was planning to "get some grub." He's remarkably
grounded, with a ready laugh and a tendency to pepper his speech with
the word ****in'."

Taylor Kitsch - Page - Interview Magazine

"Oh, God, I could give you a million reasons
why not L.A. I know actors that love the celebrity. For me, it's
tough because you're doing six months of press. That's why you
put all the work in and almost ****ing kill yourself, because if
you've got to talk about it a million times, you'd better be proud.
And I can't work. I lost a job that I wish I could have been a part
of—three scenes in a character-driven movie that I'd murder to be
a part of. But you sound like you're playing the violin when you
say it. Relationships and friends go to the wayside. You get angry
because it's press that's pulling you and not the work. And how do
you ****ing build a relationship with a gal that you care for and
say, "Hey, I'm going to be gone for eight weeks. I expect you to
have the same feelings as right now in eight weeks. But I'll be in
Japan, Russia, Spain..." You can't expect it. It's unfair. I think I chose
to build in Austin because, in Austin, I can come and escape and be myself."

Taylor Made for Texas | GQ

Old 01-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I posted this in the fan encounter thread but she did work at a radio station, it seems to be a podcast and we'll hear it soon hopefully.

You can find them here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...807752117?mt=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
The listing for Tuesday has Taylor as the second guest on Jimmy Fallon, after A Rod. No bueno. The first guest is the one Jimmy plays a game with! Hopefully, they'll do Pictionary, charades or Catchphrase so Taylor can play, too. Or maybe something sports-related since it is A Rod, after all.
Quote:
I think last time Steve Beuscemi was on first and they still played a game with Taylor so there's still hope.

I was watching this AP video of Melissa to see if we would see Taylor since they're at the portrait shoot where she and Taylor were pictured together, and you can kind of hear him in the background toward the end say..."Tampa Bay, Aus, New York, LA, New York..." I wonder if that's his promo schedule. Tampa Bay hosts the NHL All-Star game next weekend but even more importantly that means more promo coming up.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-21-2018 at 09:25 PM
Old 01-22-2018, 05:30 AM
Addicted Fan

The listing for Megyn Kelly Today says it will have a segment on the Waco standoff today. It doesn't mention any guest stars or tie-in with the miniseries, but since Taylor is in New York, I thought I'd mention it here in case there's a chance he's on. It's on at 9 a.m. Eastern.

*Update: No Taylor or any of the stars. Noesner and Thibodeau were on. They showed a clip from the miniseries with Taylor/Koresh and Michael Shannon/Noesner on the phone, which was new to me. And the real Noesner had a nice comment about the miniseries -- that it doesn't demonize either side and shows the complexity of the case.

On a personal note, why is Megyn Kelly so distasteful?? I don't know what NBC was thinking paying her all those millions. I'm actually relieved Taylor wasn't on so I can delete this and don't have to ever watch her again.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 01-22-2018 at 08:04 AM
Old 01-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's on with Andy Cohen this morning, he's been on about 4 radio shows this morning, I'll try and get them, they're all on Sirius.

They're talking about his relationship with Minka...which he admits they dated but no one knew about it at the time.

He's been on 4 shows, I'll try and get them all.

He hasn't seen Waco yet, he'll see it for the first time tonight.

Pete's coming to the premiere tonight.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-22-2018 at 09:00 AM
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Texas Forever: Taylor Kitsch Is Doing Hollywood His Way (Exclusive)

Taylor Kitsch isn’t here to impress.

“I get so bored if I play the same or look the same in every role,” Kitsch says on a pleasant January afternoon in Pasadena, Calif. The 36-year-old actor is gearing up for the most transformative role of his career in Waco, the six-part Paramount Network miniseries about the 1993 siege premiering Wednesday, Jan. 24. The Kelowna, British Columbia, native plays David Koresh, controversial leader of the Branch Davidians, who, along with 75 of his followers, perished in a deadly fire following a violent 51-day standoff with the FBI. “Maybe it’s an older school mindset,” he theorizes, leaning back in his chair in deep thought, a cool, laidback confidence radiating from him. “I love the grind.”

Kitsch first broke out onscreen in 2006, as brooding bad boy Tim Riggins on Friday Night Lights, becoming a favorite among young female fans of the NBC drama. Since the show ended in 2011, he’s largely steered away from roles akin to the character that propelled him to heartthrob status, instead leaning into parts that weren’t exactly tailor-made for him to begin with: a gay activist in The Normal Heart, a villainous operative in American Assassin, a successful weed dealer in Savages and most recently, one of the elite firefighters battling the Yarnell Hill Fire in Only the Brave. “I grew up on these guys, like the Sean Penns and the Gary Oldmans. I think there’s a high to that. I love that challenge,” he says. “When I started studying acting that was kind of what it was about: figuring out your process to create these different characters.”

As Koresh, Kitsch unlocks another hidden ability in his growing breadth as an actor, exuding a level of charm and magnetism in Waco that is both mesmerizing and mystifying, only because the man he portrays wasn’t a good man at all. “There aren’t many characters like this that exist. He’s enigmatic and crazy brilliant and crazy, period,” says Kitsch, who calls Austin, Texas home.

In order to realistically embody the sect leader, Kitsch -- who also serves as an executive producer -- grew out his hair and dropped 30 pounds in four months; his 500-calorie diet consisted of egg whites, coffee, vegetables, a tiny bit of protein and, after 4 p.m., broth. “Losing weight when you already don’t have too much to lose, it’s no fun, but it’s just part of it,” Kitsch says of his transformation, adding that it played “a huge part in the cadence” of a “mad genius” like Koresh. “The way you walk, the way you feel… It reaffirmed how smart he had to be because it was never blunt force. It couldn’t be. He couldn’t intimidate that way.”

It also required Kitsch to lose himself in Koresh’s world -- and he took it quite literally. For months leading up to filming in Santa Fe, New Mexico, last April, Kitsch devoted “eight to 10 hours a day” familiarizing himself with all facets of David Koresh’s intricate life. That included four hours of guitar and singing lessons, scripture readings, dissecting hours upon hours of Koresh’s tapes and researching his difficult upbringing. “It was almost laughable in the beginning. I would joke around about how much prep I had,” Kitsch recalls.

There were moments during the production of Waco that proved challenging. Kitsch zeroed in on the sermons as being particularly “tough” to memorize and he became obsessed with nailing the improbable task. “I’m more known for saying less is more,” Kitsch says, alluding to his famous FNL character, Riggins, “so to be as talky as Dave… But when you’re mixing in scripture, it’s just so hard to infuse into my brain. I’d be in my house in Santa Fe and I’d have all these white boards all over the house of scriptures and psalms and everything that I had to remember in episode five, six or in a monologue. Everywhere in the house I could see it, I would say it out loud, walk over there, see it and say it out loud.”

The most daunting part about playing Koresh, though, had nothing to do with memorizing nine-page sermons and everything to do with standing in front of a mic. “The singing and guitar was ******ing scary man,” Kitsch confesses, a nervous laugh escaping his lips. (Koresh performed with his band in local Waco bars and church services. Survivor David Thibodeau, whose 1999 book on which Waco is based, said Koresh recruited members through music.) “I’ve never been in a ******ing singing booth either, putting it on a track so we could go film it two days later. So I’d go in the studio with a real band, which is scary to begin with, and be like, ‘Hey, I’m about to sing ‘My Sharona,’ are you ready?’ and they’re like” -- he gives a knowing look -- “‘All right...?’ They were awesome and supportive, and I gained a lot of confidence from that.”

There was once a time when Kitsch’s stardom was fast approaching elite status. Fresh off the success of Friday Night Lights, Hollywood came knocking with two very expensive tentpoles, Battleship and John Carter -- films that held the promise of proclaiming him the next franchise superstar. It just didn’t happen. Both films bombed at the box office and were panned by critics. “I’ll read articles, but I won’t go on Rotten Tomatoes,” Kitsch, who only recently joined Instagram, cracks. Though it didn’t seem that way at the time, in hindsight, his failures were blessings in disguise: Kitsch had the opportunity to redirect his career on a far more interesting path.

“I feel I’ve stayed the course,” Kitsch says, analyzing his ups and downs with a refreshing candor. “I’m proud of the way I reacted to John Carter. I’m proud of the way I reacted to Battleship. I still have no regrets really. At the time in your life that these opportunities present themselves, I would have done it again knowing the circumstance and knowing what was going on. What I’m proud of is my work ethic throughout. I’ve never wavered. I feel like I’m getting better and better. I think Waco is a great example of that.”

“When you have people who believe in you and give you these chances, I just won’t let go of that opportunity,” he adds, his steadfast loyalty and gratitude to those who have seen him as more than just a pretty face unwavering. “I don’t know if it’s something I’ve learned; it’s something I’m proud of -- that I’ve, in that sense, kept grinding. It’s kind of all I know now. I’ve always -- in sports, in life -- there’s a way I make it where I have to grind, you know what I mean? It’s the underdog thing. It carries me or I carry that with me, whatever that is.”

Kitsch has rarely spoken about the much-maligned second season of HBO’s True Detective, in which he portrayed closeted highway officer and ex-military man Paul Woodrugh. He acknowledges that the 2015 season was far from perfect though his experience was “really, really positive” (“Obviously, it’s not the best case that people didn’t react to it that way,” Kitsch says). While it may seem, from the outside at least, to have been a contributing factor in the long gap between TV projects, Kitsch assures that wasn’t the case. “I remember watching season one [of True Detective] -- I haven’t told anyone this -- and sitting in bed and I was like, ‘If I could ******ing get on a show like that…,” he remembers. “You’re allowed to let go a lot easier when you understand you put everything you could that you had control over that you felt you knocked out. You can walk away a lot easier.”

Kitsch still keeps in touch with creator Nic Pizzolatto (“I’d go work with Nic tomorrow”) and he’s looking forward to the third installment with Oscar winner Mahershala Ali (“They got an amazing cast”). There’s an ounce of disappointment in his voice when he eventually evaluates what went wrong. “Season one was incredible and I think it’ll go down as all-time, and that says a lot because there is some amazing stuff in the last 30 years. I think the bar was crazy high, which I have no problem swinging for, but there were some constraints in the timing of it,” Kitsch says. “Sometimes you’re on a movie or you’re in a relationship and the magic just isn’t there, or you are in one and everything just seems to play out the right way. I’m sure I could speak for the other leads in it -- man, we were all proud to be there. Everyone came beyond prepared -- you have to when you’re working with Nic -- and we swung.”

Next for Kitsch is a tale that has stayed in his brain for the past several years, like an earworm that just won’t leave his head. Titled Pieces, Kitsch plans to write, direct, star and produce the feature film based on his 2014 short about three guys who grew up in the worst part of town with a sudden opportunity to change their kids’ and families’ lives. “It’s a bit savage-y. It’s a bit Western-y. It’s a grimy movie. Everything f***king goes crazy,” Kitsch says with a glint of excitement piercing through his deep green eyes.

He’s never done anything this intensive before, executing his own idea from page to screen. Could this be Kitsch’s next chapter in his career? “We’ll see how this goes,” he says with an anxious laugh. Asked if he’s nervous about jumping into something so deeply personal that will truly be his, Kitsch didn’t mince words: “You should be. Hopefully, I’m nervous about my next job too. It’s a story that won’t leave me. I want to do this and I want to do it my way.”

Texas Forever: Taylor Kitsch Is Doing Hollywood His Way (Exclusive) | Entertainment Tonight
Old 01-22-2018, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They mention he lives in Austin , but it’s at the end of a sentence that makes its placement awkward. I’m over mentioning battleship and JC. At least they didn’t mention his homeless stint in NYC and Cali. I’m over that too.
He really really goes deep for a character. 8-10 hours a day? That’s Uber intense.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I managed to get three of the four he was on today. Each are about 20 minutes long. He is really really passionate about this role, to hear him talk about this v. American Assassin, he just has so much to say. I'm uploading them now.

Taylor on Andy Cohen: https://soundcloud.com/user-376918697/taylor-andy-cohen

On EW Radio: https://soundcloud.com/user-376918697/ew-radio-taylor

On with Sway: https://soundcloud.com/user-376918697/taylor-sway

I'm sure the entire interview will be up soon.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-22-2018 at 02:41 PM
Old 01-22-2018, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You are soooo awesome!
Old 01-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There's still one more that I can't get the on demand feature to work so oh well, maybe I can get it to work later.

The entire Build Series interview:

Last edited by worthyoflove; 01-22-2018 at 04:24 PM
Old 01-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
He's on with Andy Cohen this morning, he's been on about 4 radio shows this morning, I'll try and get them, they're all on Sirius.

They're talking about his relationship with Minka...which he admits they dated but no one knew about it at the time.

He's been on 4 shows, I'll try and get them all.

He hasn't seen Waco yet, he'll see it for the first time tonight.

Pete's coming to the premiere tonight.

Pete???
Old 01-22-2018, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Peter Berg.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Peter Berg.
Gotcha! 😉
Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love just listening to him talk.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I’m excited for Jimmy. I want to know what Taylor thinks of the final product.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I managed to get three of the four he was on today. Each are about 20 minutes long. He is really really passionate about this role, to hear him talk about this v. American Assassin, he just has so much to say. I'm uploading them now.

Taylor on Andy Cohen: https://soundcloud.com/user-376918697/taylor-andy-cohen

On EW Radio: https://soundcloud.com/user-376918697/ew-radio-taylor

On with Sway: https://soundcloud.com/user-376918697/taylor-sway
Thanks so much for uploading these! Of the three, I thought the Sway was the best. He was so passionate and articulate, and the questions were thoughtful. Surprisingly, I liked the Andy the least. And I didn't watch the BUILD yet. Thanks again.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread