Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

I finally finished Happy Sad Confused and took notes. lol But literally. I took the notes while driving and listening in the car. Bad, I know, but I'm laughing now because I can barely read what I wrote. The first time I listened to it there were just so many comments that I had, so I knew I needed to listen to it again. A lot of the stuff I've already commented on elsewhere but here are my notes, both the shallow and the thoughtful:

I love when he giggles... it's so cute.

He said, "Mmmhmmm," a lot and it was hot.

I loved that he loved Jennifer Connolly. He REALLY adores older women. I wonder who the other actor he wrote a note to was???!!!

He talks about admiration for Matt Bomer, Josh Brolin, Michael Shannon, Jennifer Connolly, Dylan, but he never really goes there with Michael Keaton. I'm assuming there's no bad blood but just not a connection. I don't think he spent a lot of time with him.

I'm looking forward to OTB even more now that I know Taylor is playing the comedy. I loved when he said he would go way off and the director would have to reign him back in.

I remember, a while ago, someone wrote that they were sure Taylor was worried about box office ratings etc. and I remember thinking that I don't really think he does. As long as the work was good and he learned something, he would feel accomplished. I think this was around the time that AA was announced because I remember that I didn't make my comments because I was wondering why he would sign on to the AA role. I was glad when he talked about the character's motivation etc, but now I am even more sure of my opinion since he talked about how his agent convinced him to do the role because it would be fun to play the villain, work with Keaton, and that he was plain honored to have been asked by the producer. For the first time too, I am genuinely happy that Battleship and John Carter tanked, because Taylor is right, he would NEVER be the actor he is now or have been given the opportunities that he's been given if he had to stay with those 10 year contracts. I honestly believe him and I feel at peace with it now.

I love that Josh talked about how ridiculous the skit for Lone Survivor was that they did. It really was crazy, but probably the best Taylor has ever looked. Josh couldn't remember all the guys that were in it.. Emile, Taylor, Mark.... was there someone else? This reminded me of another recent interview, I can't remember which one now, Taylor couldn't remember Finn Wittrock's name when he talks about the Normal Heart. He says that Jonathan Groff was the first man he ever kissed and then he couldn't remember the second. It was Finn. Right?

Taylor genuinely got a kick out of Josh's Michael Shannon stories. I maintain that Michael Shannon scares the bejesus out of me and that all of the roles I've ever seen him in have given me the creeps. But I did laugh out loud when Josh said he loves seeing people walk out of the room after interviewing him, thinking, "What the hell just happened?" I loved hearing Taylor giggling to that story. But Taylor, it's Michael and me, not Michael and I in the context that you used it in.

What does he say at 43:40? If anyone cares to go back and listen. He says something like, "I was literally breaking down his school and I was like WOW, okay." I feel like Taylor leaves out parts of stories, or important pronouns and connections.

I thought it was strange that Taylor went into a rant at the beginning of the interview about gaining weight, and how his body is disgusting etc. etc. I know he was joking around and pretending that he looked like a totally different person since he hadn't seen Josh in 3 years, but it just seemed strange to me. He clearly has NO PATIENCE for not being in control of your diet and exercise. Even later he jokes about Buddy being out of shape, but in all fairness, Josh brought it up. And Taylor was right when he said most of his friends are in shape because it is something that they bond over. That makes sense. I just thought his beginning rant was weird. The only other thing he said that made me cringe (and this is my extreme Liberalism and PCness coming out} was when he called a certain part of Detroit 'the ****tiest.' He should have said, "A high crime area," or "An extremely run down, crime ridden area." #thinkingtoomuch But honestly, I think he would feel so bad if he knew that he hurt someone's feelings with his comments. Except the stalker, he hates her, but I still don't think he should have talked about her publicly. lol

I found it interesting when he said and explained why he thinks living in Austin has helped his career. I never thought about all his points. Makes perfect sense.

Do you think that Jennifer will move in with him when he moves into the house? I guess that is a silly question since we really know nothing about the status of their relationship.

My notes say BEND OVER or BOND OVER and I have no idea what I meant.

I laughed out loud when he told Josh that he heard a blender going off, and the whole slimer conversation (*Ghostbusters is currently on the LOGO channel). AND the dick-pic line was priceless. I think I would just laugh and laugh if I ever got to hang out with him in his natural habitat. I've ALMOST given up on that dream, ALMOST. Another funny moment was his little skit about working with Fincher. That made me chuckle too. He cracks me up.

I loved that Dylan came out on his boat with him and that he said, they had a "few after," the Drafthouse Premiere. After? How about DURING? And I can't get over the fact that Lake Austin is really a river. That's so bizarre.

What picture did we see recently when we were discussing the guitar on the dresser? So I guess he was taking guitar lessons. That's actually impressive and I can't wait to see it!

I never knew, until recently, that the top billed actor is always first on the call sheet, and so on. I learned this while watching the made for TV movie on 90210. Shannon Doherty was #1. Then Paul Wesley joked that he moved up to #1 on the call sheet for VD when Nina Dobrev left. Now Taylor talks about it. I didn't know it was a thing.

I loved hearing him talk about all the different directors. Dirty Pete Berg - I wonder where that nickname is from. I loved the bromance between him and Joe Kosinski, that was cute, but I still want him to stay away from Top Gun. Did Josh say that his brother wrote the screenplay for Tron? He didn't really talk much about Michael Cuesta. I didn't see too much of a bond or connection between them in any of the interviews they did together. Maybe you all saw something that I didn't. I also didn't realize that Taylor Sheridan played David Hale on Sons of Anarchy. I always loved that character and thought the actor seemed out of place, like he belonged somewhere better. Not really sure why. Also, I always thought it was strange that someone Taylor Kitsch's age had the name Taylor, and now there's another one and he's even older. It just seems like a more current trendy name to me.

I think I'm almost caught up on all the Taylorness. I just need to read the French article.

Last edited by elherts; 09-12-2017 at 05:50 PM
Old 09-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thoughts, I don't know if it's just my Taylor love...but generally speaking Detroiters are proud and anyone saying anything about the city if they're not from here, bothers me. It's one of those, no one can talk **** about us but us. But I mean, the ****est parts of Detroit, they're a reality, they exist in all cities. My grandparents lived and raised my dad and his brother in a house in Detroit that over the years turned into one of the ****iest neighborhoods in the city, when we had to move them out of there when I was in college. So I know about those neighborhoods and it didn't bother me...as a Detroiter with family that lived there for most of my life. But maybe not say the ****est, you're right, "poorest", "roughest" whatever.

I actually have a vision of where he could film those neighborhood scene if he wanted to. A LOT of the neighborhoods now in Detroit that used to be ten houses in a block now have probably two houses left, the rest have been torn down and basically fields have formed. Urban farming has turned into a real thing. It's actually kind of beautiful in an odd way.

An article about it if you're interested:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ban-plann.html

I don't think he talks a lot about Michael because they had like one scene together and it took three days. He joked in that one interview that Mike wouldn't know who he is because they didn't spend that much time together.

I always thought a big clue that he might have a "roommate" in his house is that he's getting a dog. Someone has to be at the house to take care of it...I would guess it's probably a long time girlfriend.

I've noticed a few times that Taylor is always a bit off on his timelines. If he took Dylan out on the boat 5 hours before he had to catch a flight to London, it wasn't the night of the screening. Dylan went to Fort Worth that next day and then was back in Austin, he was there for like four days before he went to London. I suspect they hung out a few nights while Dylan was in town (he was spotted out at a bar later in the week) and Taylor didn't want to explain.

The picture with the guitar was from years ago, so I'd stick with the idea that it was probably a guitar hero guitar.

I remember on the DVD extras of season 1 of FNL, Paley Fest, Taylor even mentions back then that his goal, jokingly, was to be #1 on the call sheet and tells Kyle that he's "coming for you buddy."

His giggle and his voice when he was making fun of Josh's potential drink choice made me smile so hard.

I'm pretty sure Taylor mentioned that they call Pete Dirty Pete Berg because of his boxing style. That he's kind of all cool and calm and then just goes off and becomes Dirty Pete Berg.

Josh did say that his brother wrote Tron which is super cool, Taylor seemed to love that too.

I can't wait to hear Michael/Taylor/Josh together...it would be epic.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-12-2017 at 05:53 PM
Old 09-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

I just read the question on Yourdailykitsch, "Does Taylor have a head injury?" I know many people have the droopy eye issue, but I do wonder what really causes it. I mentioned before that I have a friend whose droopy eye comes out in pictures, but not in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I actually have a vision of where he could film those neighborhood scene if he wanted to. A LOT of the neighborhoods now in Detroit that used to be ten houses in a block now have probably two houses left, the rest have been torn down and basically fields have formed. Urban farming has turned into a real thing. It's actually kind of beautiful in an odd way.

I've noticed a few times that Taylor is always a bit off on his timelines. If he took Dylan out on the boat 5 hours before he had to catch a flight to London, it wasn't the night of the screening. Dylan went to Fort Worth that next day and then was back in Austin, he was there for like four days before he went to London. I suspect they hung out a few nights while Dylan was in town (he was spotted out at a bar later in the week) and Taylor didn't want to explain.

The picture with the guitar was from years ago, so I'd stick with the idea that it was probably a guitar hero guitar.

His giggle and his voice when he was making fun of Josh's potential drink choice made me smile so hard.
That urban farming is pretty cool. It's a Catch 22 but it looks beautiful. I don't know much about your area, but sadly, and unfortunately, both Detroit and Flint have terrible reputations. I'm sure half of what I read is not true. Trust me, I know how you all feel -I live in New Jersey, the butt of every joke, when in reality it's one of the wealthiest and most beautiful places.

Haha. Yes, I remember now that it was a Guitar Hero guitar.

Were Dylan and Taylor out together in Austin?

That hard smiling is also referred to as 'a cheek popping smile.'
Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Another press junket interview. He's a terrible gambler and would go see Celine "in a heartbeat" in Vegas.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/video?autoS...lipId=13705067

I've never heard 'cheek popping' I like that.

Oh yeah, Detroit has a terrible reputation, the truth is that the suburbs of Detroit, where I grew up and still live are a great place to raise a family, great schools, great access to urban areas but also the lakes and more country setting. I love it here. But yes, there are parts of Detroit that are awful. Downtown has seriously rebounded and I would encourage anyone to come and visit, downtown was never a dangerous place, it's the surrounding neighborhoods that were the issue and even those are attracting hipsters and suburbanites again. In fact rent downtown is getting too high that it's pushing out a lot of the hipsters because they just can't afford it any longer.

The urban farming is a good solution to filling that land. Detroit square footage wise is huge, you can fit the entire cities of San Francisco, Boston and Manhattan in the square miles that Detroit encompasses. It's massive.

Dylan was spotted out one night and had a fan encounter with a fan at a bar where he was watching a singer. Very good possibility that Taylor was out with him because the girl said that he was with a group of people. That probably would have been the night before Dylan had to leave for London, which would have been the night out that Taylor was probably talking about in the podcast.

He's always kind of had the droopy eye, probably just like all of us when our eyelids sag as we get older or whatever it's just enhanced with age. Could it be related to a hockey injury or something? Maybe, but some people just have wonky eyes.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-12-2017 at 06:36 PM
Old 09-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
For the first time too, I am genuinely happy that Battleship and John Carter tanked, because Taylor is right, he would NEVER be the actor he is now or have been given the opportunities that he's been given if he had to stay with those 10 year contracts. I honestly believe him and I feel at peace with it now.
The only bad part about it is that mainstream people still associate his name with failure. Critics have been kinder to him because they've seen him in the supporting roles where he's done well. Hopefully these high-profile projects will change mainstream impressions of him.

Quote:
I love that Josh talked about how ridiculous the skit for Lone Survivor was that they did. It really was crazy, but probably the best Taylor has ever looked. Josh couldn't remember all the guys that were in it.. Emile, Taylor, Mark.... was there someone else? This reminded me of another recent interview, I can't remember which one now, Taylor couldn't remember Finn Wittrock's name when he talks about the Normal Heart. He says that Jonathan Groff was the first man he ever kissed and then he couldn't remember the second. It was Finn. Right?
There was another guy in the skit but he was just an extra or something, not from Lone.
http://youtu.be/_pun9R_odrs

And yes, it was Finn. He also forgot the guy in TD.

Quote:
But Taylor, it's Michael and me, not Michael and I in the context that you used it in.
Prolly and casted. Ugh. Casted, especially, makes me cringe. I don't know when it became a thing.

Quote:
What does he say at 43:40? If anyone cares to go back and listen. He says something like, "I was literally breaking down his school and I was like WOW, okay." I feel like Taylor leaves out parts of stories, or important pronouns and connections.
I listened in the car and had both my phone and car radio volumes up to max, and there were still spots I had trouble hearing. More so Josh than Taylor. I missed a good chunk of Josh's intro. It was like he was whispering!

Quote:
I thought it was strange that Taylor went into a rant at the beginning of the interview about gaining weight, and how his body is disgusting etc. etc. I know he was joking around and pretending that he looked like a totally different person since he hadn't seen Josh in 3 years, but it just seemed strange to me. He clearly has NO PATIENCE for not being in control of your diet and exercise. Even later he jokes about Buddy being out of shape, but in all fairness, Josh brought it up. And Taylor was right when he said most of his friends are in shape because it is something that they bond over. That makes sense. I just thought his beginning rant was weird. The only other thing he said that made me cringe (and this is my extreme Liberalism and PCness coming out} was when he called a certain part of Detroit 'the ****tiest.' He should have said, "A high crime area," or "An extremely run down, crime ridden area." #thinkingtoomuch But honestly, I think he would feel so bad if he knew that he hurt someone's feelings with his comments. Except the stalker, he hates her, but I still don't think he should have talked about her publicly. lol
These were the two things that upset me but I ultimately deleted from my post. I figured you guys would shoot me down for it, for being too sensitive or something. But clearly Taylor equates being fat to being "disgusting." And it's actually the second time he's called Buddy "sloppy" for being out of shape from an injury. Lord knows I've unfortunately gained since my knee injury, so yes it's a sore point for me. But it sounds so ****ing shallow that apparently you have to be fit to be his friend. Can't he bond with someone over anything else? I actually cried at the thought of flying all the way to Austin to meet him, and he's cordial to my face while silently judging me as sloppy or disgusting. It only reinforced my decision not to go to Austin for New Year's.

Also, my family comes from the ****tiest parts of Detroit. People still live there. He didn't necessarily criticize it, just state it as fact. But his tone was definitely belittling.

Quote:
I laughed out loud when he told Josh that he heard a blender going off, and the whole slimer conversation (*Ghostbusters is currently on the LOGO channel).
I actually got excited when he mentioned Slimer because Ghostbusters is one of my favorites! lol I figured as fast as that name slipped out of his mouth, he's probably a fan too.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I guess the Detroit thing just doesn't bother me. Well aware there are still really ****ty areas, my cousins husband was found dead behind a drug house in a super ****ty area just last year. They exist, they're there, tone deaf or not if it's part of his story it's part of his story.

The school thing I didn't understand either, like it sounded like he said Joe took him to school on different things but I haven't listened that closely to it. An excuse to listen to it again.

A good article and some thoughts from Taylor about post 2012 that maybe we haven't heard him articulate before:

Quote:
X-Men star Taylor Kitsch says he’s happy to be done with superhero films

IT’S nine years since Taylor Kitsch spent months bounding around Sydney with Hugh Jackman, playing card-slinging thief Gambit to Jackman’s Wolverine in the X-Men Origins movie.

While the Canadian holds “nothing but amazing memories” of his time in Australia, he’s less positive about the genre of film that brought him here. Asked if he’s bummed to have not dabbled in the superhero world since, he replies: “To be blunt, no.”

“Never say never,” he continues, “but I’m just happy with where I’m at and where everything’s led me to. I have a feeling those types of movies aren’t going anywhere, so, we’ll be all right.”

It’s fair to say Kitsch, 36, who has lived in Texas since winning his breakthrough role in TV series Friday Night Lights, has reshuffled his priorities in recent years. When two huge action blockbusters — John Carter and Battleship — flopped in the space of three months in 2012, he chose to wipe the slate clean.

“I don’t know if I had to ‘re-establish’,” he says, “but it obviously stung, no doubt. So then you want to re-engage at a different level, something where you don’t have the least amount control over it. Does that make sense?”

Indeed it does. In the years since, Kitsch has focused on smaller or indie projects, with the constant aim of “trying to have fun”. He worked with his good friend, Friday Night Lights creator Pete Berg, again on Lone Survivor, was surrounded by A-listers in HBO’s AIDS awareness drama The Normal Heart and the second season of True Detective, and even turned his had to directing (he plans to roll cameras on his first feature in November).

That quality over quantity approach is continuing with two true-life dramas, firefighting film Only the Brave (due in November) and TV movie Waco (in which he plays cult leader David Koresh), to be preceded by action thriller American Assassin, based on the Mitch Rapp novels by Vince Flynn.

It was Only the Brave producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura who put the American Assassin script in Kitsch’s hands.

“He came over and was like, ‘Man, I just wanna see what a guy like you would do with this role. What do I got to do to make you more interested if you aren’t?’,” Kitsch recalls.

If a character described as “a mad dog” and “a f---ing lunatic” before audiences even see him wasn’t lure enough, the chance to work with Michael Keaton closed the deal.

“Obviously with Mike Keaton you know there’s going to be a certain potential reached already,” Kitsch says.

The film focuses on a CIA recruit, Rapp (Dylan O’Brien), sent to train under merciless veteran operative Hurley (Keaton). Hurley’s basic mission is to turn the young man into a killing machine.

Kitsch’s character, Ghost, is a former protégé who has gone rogue, feeling betrayed by his mentor and disillusioned by the harsh, cold realities of killing for his country. Ghost’s eventual confrontation with Hurley makes for an intense, visceral scene — and it had to, Kitsch says.

“For the first 40 per cent of the movie all they’re doing is talking about this guy, so when you finally get to see him, he better be worth it.”

Less talky, more punchy, is a brutal encounter with O’Brien’s Rapp on a speedboat.

“Even reading that scene it was like, ‘I don’t even know how we’re gonna do this’,” Kitsch says with a laugh. “Like all of a sudden the boat’s going 70 miles an hour, no one’s driving it, we’re getting hurled into the ceiling, then on the side ... It’s something I hadn’t even seen before in a film, super original.

“Needless to say, we got beat up on that. But it does feel like two assassins going at it, so mission accomplished. Just a few more ice baths than I thought I would need.”

Likewise, the path he’s on now might not be the one Hollywood initially had mapped out for him, but it definitely feels like home.

“I could do indie movies the rest of my life and be beyond happy,” he says. “I’m super grateful for where we’re at now and the stories I’ve been able to tell. And what we have coming up I’m beyond proud of. It’s been a great ride.”
No Cookies | The Courier Mail
Old 09-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That's a great interview!

Quote:
I guess the Detroit thing just doesn't bother me. Well aware there are still really ****ty areas, my cousins husband was found dead behind a drug house in a super ****ty area just last year. They exist, they're there, tone deaf or not if it's part of his story it's part of his story.

The school thing I didn't understand either, like it sounded like he said Joe took him to school on different things but I haven't listened that closely to it. An excuse to listen to it again.

A good article and some thoughts from Taylor about post 2012 that maybe we haven't heard him articulate before:

No Cookies | The Courier Mail
Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Derek was there last night supporting Taylor. Of course. Wish we would have gotten a picture with those two together.

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch on Facing Off Against Michael Keaton in 'American Assassin'

CBS Films and Lionsgate rolled out the red carpet for their action-packed American Assassin premiere Tuesday, but also took time to share the spotlight. Stars Michael Keaton, Taylor Kitsch and Dylan O'Brien posed together for photos, but the magnitude of the premiere at the TCL Chinese Theater was reduced in order to keep the attention on the telethon fundraising efforts for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.

"We all owe to do our best to get out of their way and let them have their moment and let people think about that," said producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

With the cast and team behind the film continuing to talk about the telethon throughout the night moviegoers also focused on the notable onscreen rivalry between Kitsch and Keaton.

Kitsch told The Hollywood Reporter: "When you get to do a scene like that with Keaton, it's once in a lifetime. I'm a huge fan and you know it's going to turn out good. There are some good odds when you're going to bat with a ****ing really great, seasoned actor. That was a big reason why I signed on, to torture Mike, electrocute him, put a knife in his ****ing chest."

Kitsch also joked about having to go through the make-up chair for his character Ghost. The actor joked, "It was five hours, a two in the morning call time. The worst part is taking it off. It just sucks, it takes hot cloths and alcohol ... [I'm getting] flashbacks." actor joined O'Brien and Keaton and director Michael Cuesta for the premiere's after-party at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.

It was a Friday Night Lights reunion as Derek Philips came out to support his former onscreen brother, and O'Brien hung out with pal and Teen Wolf co-star Tyler Posey while Michael Keaton shared some laughs with his ICM Partners family Chris Silbermann, Toni Howard and Lorrie Bartlett.

As for whether or not the film will get another celebration with a sequel, di Bonaventura quipped, "We'll just follow the books if we're lucky enough to go to a second movie. There's a book right after this book in sequence that's right for Dylan's age."

American Assassin hits theaters Sep. 15.
'American Assassin': Taylor Kitsch, Dylan O'Brien Premiere Interviews | Hollywood Reporter
Old 09-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Vancouver’s Taylor Kitsch throws a curve ball with his villainous return in American Assassin

LOS ANGELES – Out of the public eye for a few years, Taylor Kitsch issues a self-deprecating warning to his fans.

“You’re going to get sick of me,” says the Vancouver-raised actor, whose three acting efforts will be on display over the next few months. Kitsch’s part of the firefighter ensemble in the upcoming biopic Only the Brave, and he stars as Branch Davidian cult leader David Koresh in the mini-series exposé Waco.

More immediately, he has a co-starring role in the spy thriller American Assassin. The film is based on the 2010 best-selling Vince Flynn novel featuring black-ops assassin Mitch Rapp (Dylan O’Brien), who dedicates himself to eliminating terrorists around the world after his fiancée is killed in an attack. Initially, Rapp is trained by lethal U.S. operative Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton) in preparation for his licence to kill.

When Hurley’s former protégé by the code name of Ghost (Kitsch) goes rogue and steals a nuclear device, Hurley and Rapp are assigned to find him. To that end, they team up with a Turkish spy (Shiva Negar) to track down Ghost in Europe before he can cause a catastrophic event.

The Kitsch role requires the performer to get involved in lots of fistfights, firefights and even a few sequences involving torture. But he was up for the test from the start. “It was intense,” says Kitsch of his portrayal. “But that’s pretty much why I signed on.”

Collaborating with the Oscar-nominated Keaton in many of his scenes was another bonus, especially since the veteran led by example on the often chaotic sets in London and Rome where most of the interiors and exteriors were filmed. “The best leaders are the ones who show the way through their actions and that’s Keaton,” says Kitsch. “It was a real journey to collaborate with him because he brings energy and a lot of humour to what he does.”

Off camera, the Keaton wit came in handy to lighten the mood during scenes in which Kitsch’s sadistic Ghost tortures Keaton’s Hurley as payback for allegedly abandoning him on a botched mission. “We even looked at torture videos online to see how far we should go and what Ghost might have gone through to reciprocate the treatment on Hurley,” the actor says.

Meanwhile, former Navy SEALs and assorted military experts trained O’Brien and Kitsch with extra focus on their showdown at the conclusion when Rappconfronts Ghost in the hull of a boat. Both rejected the use of stuntmen so they ended up pounding on each other over the week of shooting the sequences. Serious injuries were avoided; Kitsch admits “we did hit each other a couple of times, but it wasn’t too bad.”

The Kelowna native and one-time Langley Hornets junior hockey star is used to the rough stuff, but two serious knee injuries ended his NHL dream. In 2002, he moved to New York, booked some modelling gigs while studying acting. Four years later, his extra effort paid off when Peter Berg hired him to play dysfunctional Tim Riggins in the Friday Night Lights TV series. On the movie front, he played Gambit in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and managed to overcome his consecutive 2012 misfires of John Carter, Battleship and Savages. The next year, Kitsch redeemed himself with his portrayal in Lone Survivor, which was Berg’s acclaimed film version of Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell’s non-fiction book about his 2005 Afghanistan mission gone wrong.

He’s just as proud of his Koresh portrayal in Waco. The six-part miniseries is based on the story of the 1993 FBI siege of a religious sect in Waco, Texas, which resulted in a deadly shootout and fire. The narrative will provide perspectives from both sides of the face-off, including surviving Branch Davidians. “It’s one of the best roles I’ve done in my life,” Kitsch says. “And, more important, I think we’re going to bring some truth to what happened. It’s an absolute tragedy of what went down and how it went down.”

And, all things considered, the mix of roles is just about right for him. “I’m really happy where my career is right now and I am happy to throw some curve balls,” he says. “It’s always fun to switch it up.”
http://nationalpost.com/entertainmen...rican-assassin

Last edited by worthyoflove; 09-13-2017 at 12:30 PM
Old 09-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw a Ram ad yesterday that mixes old and new. It's the one with the church, and he says "those who push forward ... and give back." But at the very end, he doesn't say, "America's longest-lasting pickups." It's something like, "Ram ... built tough." Or "Ram ... built to last." I forgot. Anyway, his voice is noticeably deeper in the new line vs. that early audio. He sounds cute either way.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think I might have mentioned it in another thread. That I heard a new commercial on the radio the other day, about movie stars not only being heroes and something about not all heroes wearing capes and kids. It took me by surprise. It was completely different than anything we've seen or heard before.

Don't talk on your phone if you're driving in front of Taylor. Who actually has their phone to their ear any longer in cars anyway? Bluetooth people!

Old 09-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

I really want to see Taylor doing the water bottle diva bit. lol That would be hysterical.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

I couldn't find a John Tucker thread.

My DVR caught it and I always have to watch his scene. I think he really just nails that scene, it's hysterical. And he looks really hot. Holy jamalama!

Last edited by elherts; 09-20-2017 at 08:40 PM
Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think I might have mentioned it in another thread. That I heard a new commercial on the radio the other day, about movie stars not only being heroes and something about not all heroes wearing capes and kids. It took me by surprise. It was completely different than anything we've seen or heard before.

Don't talk on your phone if you're driving in front of Taylor. Who actually has their phone to their ear any longer in cars anyway? Bluetooth people!

No, I've never seen or heard anything like you described. Like I said, this one was one of the earliest ads, just with a different last line.

I HATE people who drive and talk on the phone! I see it all the time in my neighborhood, even now.

Neighbor Justin is totally hot! I wish he would've had more scenes in the movie. Taylor's really funny!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My car has no Bluetooth. I REALLY don't like talking on my phone in the car at all. I have been known to put it on speaker and hold it while driving. Usually, one of my minions are in the car and I can just have them answer or text for me. I NEVER text and drive. It's now illegal in Texas as of September 1st, but I didn't do it before either. Too dangerous.

I wonder if I drive around Austin with my phone to my ear if I could get Taylor to tap on my window...