Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Josh added the infamous picture. Love it.

Quote:
joshuahorowitz Happy/Sad/Confused. With Taylor Kitsch. Listen to Taylor on the #happysadconfused podcast right now at HSC.MTV.com! Kitsch is the best. A super chill (of course) chat about #AmericanAssassin, playing David Koresh and why those franchise failures might have been the best thing for his career. #taylorkitsch #fridaynightlights
Old 09-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

As usual, Josh delivers a great interview with Taylor. This was fantastic!
Old 09-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Is that a bubble on his tongue. Top pic.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Unfortunately, Watch What Happens Live's schedule is up for next week and no Taylor.

The podcast is great. He should do a six month check in with Josh because he gets all the info out of him.

I'm putting this here because it's in the news thread, but I also don't want anyone to miss it. He talks about it a bit in the podcast, or at least his mutual bro love for Joseph Kosinski.

Thanks for posting this here. I hadn't watched it yet. Awww, Taylor being a good guy even when he's bad. .... I've seen another short with a similar ending (it was a comedy), but I still fell for it. I thought it was good.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet so I'm not sure which is the infamous photo. Haha.

I wondered about his tongue also. It almost looks like an object. Maybe a lozenge or something?
Old 09-09-2017, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I liked the short. I mean even though you saw it coming it was still beautifully shot. Again, love that Joseph Kosinski reached out to Taylor to do it.

Oh I just meant that Josh always posts a "happy, sad, confused" photo with his guests so that was the infamous photo.

It could be a lozenge you can hear that he's a bit sniffly and takes some time to kind of maybe swallow because his mouth is dry or whatever. So maybe he had a lozenge in. Doing a lot of talking maybe he has some allergies going on.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Can the man just do a few films where his character lives...
Old 09-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn't even think about that. But yeah, I think just going into any role he takes now I'm going to assume he dies. If he doesn't, nice surprise.

He'll probably survive in Pieces! Maybe...

Here is the translation of the Cinema Teaser Magazine article:

Quote:
Dylan O’Brien, the rebooted version of Taylor Kitsch? The rich idea comes from American Assassin and it caused Cinema Teaser to germinate the desire for a cross-talk. The two actors have some points in common with ten years between them and we interviewed them face to face.

There are similarities in your two paths: you started on TV (FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS for Taylor and TEEN WOLF for Dylan), then on to big productions in the cinema. Dylan you even made an incursion into Taylor’s field, working with Peter Berg (DEEPWATER). Is there a typical route for young actors to be wary of or to embrace in Hollywood?

Taylor: I think the most important thing is to never do what you don’t want to do. You can’t always fight the way people see you in Hollywood, but you can get closer to projects that attract you and you can fight for what you believe. In the end, I refuse any project that I don’t want to devote weeks of time to, that’s all.

Dylan: I do not have a very definite plan in my mind…It’s a little weird. I did not grow up wanting to become an actor or anything like that. I grew up worshiping movies and I have parents who worked and still work in the industry and I imagine that in a sense they have conveyed to me the love they have for cinema. When I was little, it was what I preferred: watching movies, watching actors, and adoring all kinds of artistic talents too - performers, singers, dancers. And that’s how my interest is. Growing up, I always performed. I always made small films, short films with my friends and my sister and everything started like that. Hollywood is the drive force of cinema today, the experience now has another scale and it is different. When you come into that environment you must master a part of the trade that is not exactly your profession.

Ten years separate you. If you Taylor, you observe the beginnings of Dylan and if you Dylan, watched how Taylor started, do you have the impression that the industry or the way it deals with young actors has changed?

Taylor: It should be kept in mind that when I start on television with FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, the series was not a phenomenon. We never had the following that TEEN WOLF had. My popularity was limited to a fervent public that has a background in American football or that kind of sports fiction. I don’t know if the industry has changed for young actors. When I see Dylan, I have the impression that the younger generation is attacking the business with plenty of intelligence, it’s on! They know what they want and they know how to use the system to their advantage.

In your opinion, what is your biggest commonality - professionally and personally?

Taylor: I would say that Dylan and I are always ready to take on a challenge. We are not afraid to look far into ourselves for a character. For example, it was always a wish to play a bad guy, and I very much like the fact that we both went a little against the usual, in the sense that we show that there is a torment, or even an inner hell. We show that there are repercussions for our actions, especially mental ones. And that’s why American Assassin is a bit different in the genre.

Dylan: I agree with everything Taylor says! (Laughs) The reality is that on the set we did not have too much time to chat or compare our careers because the time we shared is as short as the time we share on screen. But I am sure that now that we are promoting the film we will have more time to discuss.

Taylor, you are Canadian and you don’t stop playing the American Heroes. In Lone Survivor or in American Assassin, there is a rather harsh picture of the American culture of violence. Do you feel like an enlightened observer?

It depends on the script I get. Also, I think more of the character’s hope than his nationality. Whether it as a (Mike) Murphy in LONE SURVIVOR or Ghost in AMERICAN ASSASSIN, what is important is what he has in his head, more than his flag. The thing is, with Murphy, who is a heroic figure and quite iconic - and it’s legitimate - you play someone who represents something strong and you have to be faithful to him. I live in Texas and I have a buddy who has a ranch. For AMERICAN ASSASSIN, I lived there alone for ten days with the script and some weapons and that’s how I put myself in the head scape of Ghost and created him.

That you have both worked with Peter Berg is not insignificant. Peter casts actors who crystallize something from American. Dylan, what relationship do you have with the image of the American hero?

Taylor: Peter was a TV star (between 1995 and 1999, in CHICAGO HOPE, he played Dr. Billy Kronk) before becoming the great director he became. He is a dream director for an actor, especially the young actors, because he knew better than anyone what it takes.

Dylan: Peter, I learned so much by speaking with him, working with him, watching him. The idea of not being the typical action hero in American Assassin is what attracted me first to the film. If you watch movies about assassins or secret agents, you rarely see how they got there, what events or accidents they went through. A year and a half ago I went through something quite traumatizing in my life (Dylan was injured on the set of THE DEATH CURE). Rebounding after that was very difficult, to be honest. So I can easily connect with that part of my character.

Dylan, TEEN WOLF will stop soon. Is there any particular anxiety? Taylor you remember what you felt when FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS stopped? Do the films made while you’re engaged on a series set the tone of the films that you want to do next?

Dylan: I have no problem with leaving TEEN WOLF behind me because I never wanted to stay ‘cornered’ with the same character for too long. I never looked for stability with a job on TV over seven years or more.

Taylor: The end of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS was bitter sweet. On one side, it was time that it stopped and we all wanted to try other things. But at the same time, we were an extremely close team. We never had big audiences, contrary to what everyone seems to think today. With the rebroadcasts, Netflix and all that, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS is still very much alive and surely has a wider audience today than at the time it aired. But I do not take it badly, a series does not set the tone of your career. The producers will always try to hire you for roles that you have already played if you succeeded at a the box office… And in my case, we know that it never happened like that! (Laughs)

Through your respective series, you have (or have had) a teen fanbase. Does cinema help you get another audience? Is this one of the criteria for choosing a project?

Dylan: I have never reflected in these terms. For me, AMERICAN ASSASSIN was interesting because it was different from what I was known for, okay. But as a comedian, you always want to do new things, to meet different challenges. You do not want to always play the same character. As for my fans or the people who follow my career closely, I respect them enormously but, sorry, I will never let anyone lock me in a box.

Taylor: My teenage fanbase is far behind me. I want to go back in time! (Laughs) No, I’m joking, everything’s fine.

Taylor, after shooting supermovies (WOLVERINE, BATTLESHIP, JOHN CARTER), you finally turned to movies that, even if they have a certain pre-awareness, remained original movies. Is it difficult to find original material while evolving in cinema?

Taylor: I think in terms of character. I do not know if I necessarily like the guy I play in AMERICAN ASSASSIN, but I like the fact that he is anchored in some reality. There is a lot of pyrotechnics but I like that there is no green screen, if one has to compare with WOLVERINE, BATTLESHIP or JOHN CARTER. Green screens are always difficult because you have to use all your imagination to try to fill the void around you. AMERICAN ASSASSIN evolves into a reality, a realism, a viscerality, the rhythm is incredible. I think it is the kind of cinema I prefer.

Taylor, after FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, you took time to re-engage in a TV series. Dylan, would you like to devote yourself to the cinema before eventually returning to a series or mini-series?

Taylor: I did not plan to return TV until I had an interesting and limited proposal for the small screen. I did TRUE DETECTIVE and then I just finished a six-hour mini-series which is called WACO, with Michael Shannon, Paul Sparks and Shea Whigham. In this case, returning to television is not an insignificant option, of course.

Dylan: It may have been different ten years ago when Taylor was on TV, but today, there is no longer a real difference between TV and cinema. You find excellent scenarios everywhere as long as you give yourself the means to look for them and show a little patience.

Taylor: I will not sign a lengthy contract of something like seven years. On the other hand, I could sign for a mini-series of six or ten episodes, if the character interests me. There is something beautiful to serve and dig into a character over six hours, rather than over 30 minutes.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Good questions. They didn't ask the usual and expected.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He was just on another Sirius channel about an hour ago. Here's the interview. He talks about AA, not eating BBQ in Austin, the crazy Dylan fans and how FNL fans aren't that crazy. Talks a lot about Gambit, surprisingly...

https://soundcloud.com/user-37691869...-on-sirius-103
Old 09-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Can the man just do a few films where his character lives...
Haha. You are right! Dead again.

There is so much Taylorness from the last 24 hours. I haven't had time to watch, listen, or read any of it. I'm in for the rest of the night and will be watching football all day tomorrow. I can't wait to catch up.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There is SO much Taylorness. We're being spoiled.

Disappointed it doesn't look like he's going to be doing any late night this time around. Maybe for OTB. I think we'll definitely see it all for Waco.

He should be heading to LA if he's not there already for that whole promotional push this week.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lightweight! If he tapped out on BBQ I cannot in good conscience grant him Texan status. That's like saying he hates armadillo, blue bonnets give him allergies, and he hates pecans.

He'd better not say anything bad about Amy's ice cream!
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He was just on another Sirius channel about an hour ago. Here's the interview. He talks about AA, not eating BBQ in Austin, the crazy Dylan fans and how FNL fans aren't that crazy. Talks a lot about Gambit, surprisingly...

https://soundcloud.com/user-37691869...-on-sirius-103
Old 09-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor backstage with the Hurricane Harvey puppies.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Taylor and puppies. Sigh.

I feel like we should have a tally chart for each time we see a Dodge commercial or a trailer on tv. lol

Dodge commercial just now. CHECK.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread