Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that i can't wait to see him on talk shows again!
Old 05-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm super excited for new interviews. It's really kind of been a long long time since we've seen him do an interview. Jimmy Fallon in 2015, almost two years ago...that's crazy!
Old 05-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

There's a Jägermeister commercial on the radio, that for a split second, I always think it's Taylor. Every time. I tried to find the audio, but I couldn't.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There are sometimes I'll hear a commercial in the other room and I feel like it's Taylor but it's not.

Maybe it's a Jager commercial.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I found this article while searching for answers to a question I was asked on tumblr about Taylor...I don't think I'd seen it before, probably would have remembered him mentioning that Michael Murphy's mom and his mom were friends.

It was in Russian so I tried to clean up the rough translation:

Quote:
TAYLOR KITSCH: "MOM CRIED ALL MY FILM"

Marcus Luttrell was a cheif consultant on the set. He also organized a kind of military camp for the actors. What was the main point of training?

Taylor: We had to go through a serious workout with Marcus and the other SEALs. These guys go full out. And we had to try hard not to fall on our face in front of them. I ran, doing 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 sit-ups and ran again, but with 25 pounds strapped on.

Really?

Well, not all the time. I trained for five months and did that several times a week. We were taught how to handle weapons, the M4. But it's not only to prepare the body, but also the spirit. We were taught to be a team. It was important.

You are a professional nutritionist. What was your diet during such workouts?

Yes. I love to eat, despite the fact that I once did work as a nutritionist, I'm not always perfect (Laughs). But this is my passion and it pushes me to take care of yourself, to not lose your shape. It's always nice when you feel confident in yourself and your body.

You've already played war veterans in a few films. Did you enjoy to play war as a child?

Yes. I was born and raised in Canada, where there were a lot of forests. A forest - the best place to play war games. We fought with sticks, dug trenches waiting to ambush.

There was no desire to go into the army, become a military man?

No! Never! (Laughs.)

And what war film do you like most?

I like those that are based on real events, "Saving Private Ryan," "Platoon" - great movie. A favorite is probably "Born on the Fourth of July".

Your movie is also based on a true story. In addition to Marcus Luttrell did you manage to talk to someone else, maybe with the family of your hero, Mike Murphy?

Of course. After all, to get to know someone better you need to talk with the man's family, his friends. Marcus was a friend of Mike, and thanks to him I discovered the various sides of Mark: as a soldier, a leader, as a friend, as a person. But Murphy's family was very helpful. I was pleased that our film seemed to be of some help to his family and relatives and to the other soldiers, to preserve their memory.

What was their reaction to the film?

They had been touched and grateful. By the way, Mike's mom is friends with my mom. So I like to watch, how they interact, discussing something or laughing about something. Also, during a private show in New York, I was able to meet with Mike's childhood friends. For me it was a very difficult emotional moment, but after seeing it they invited me to the nearest bar. Prior to them drinking me under the table (Laughs). But it was cool, to chat with different people and build this unity with them - one of the most rewarding parts of my job.

And how did your family react to the film?

My mother cried the entire movie. And despite the fact that it was very hard to watch this film it became her favorite. Although she still likes "Bang Bang Club." One of my older brothers, it's one of his favorites also. And my other brother prefers "John Carter" - but he has children who loved it and who were a bit too young to see "Lone Survivor".

Do you ever cry over movies?

I wept during "Lone Survivor" when watching it the first couple times. And the recent film "The Fighter" with Christian Bale made me cry.

This is your third experience working with Director Peter Berg. In 2006, you starred in his series "Friday Night Lights", in 2012 - the film "Battleship". But in real life you're friends or is your communication limited to work?

We became friends before we started to work together. We are very close. Peter has a cabin in Montana, as they say, "the middle of nowhere." There's only mountains. And a couple months ago we went there together just to relax, play golf, talk, walk. I love when he arranges those kind of things. And for me it is more improtant than our professional relationship. Although, I have nothing against the continuation of that. And what's more, I hope for it. (Laughs).

This is your second time in Moscow? Any gifts you're looking to take home?

I very much hope to go to Sochi (this conversation with the actor took place in the midst of the Olympics) I want to meet with the players from the Canadian national team and get them to autograph a jersey. It would be amazing.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

There are pictures from the night he went out with Mike's friends somewhere i believe.

I never saw The Fighter... I will have to now to see what got Taylor so upset.

Maybe his hidey hole is that house in Montana.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He was spotted in Montana a few times after TD aired, that was when he was flying back to LA and that girl took the picture of him sleeping on the plane, when he was rocking the crazy beard.

Yup, there are a few pictures of Taylor with Mike's family and friends from that night, when they're holding him up.

I've never seen The Fighter either. Might have to now.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw The Fighter. I thought it was just OK. Amy Adams and Melissa Leo were great though, as always.

Thanks for posting that, and cleaning it up. There was stuff I hadn't read before, like the mom thing and his brothers. Translations can be tough because even one word can throw off the meaning. I don't recall Taylor ever saying he loves to eat, for example. It makes him sound like a foodie, but he might've just meant it as a joke, that he has to eat or die.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I actually did see The Fighter. For a minute I didn't remember Christian being the main character, I was thinking it was Mark Wahlberg. I liked it a lot but I don't remember crying.

Last edited by elherts; 06-05-2017 at 03:39 PM
Old 06-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I remember seeing previews for it but never got around to watching it. I can't imagine him "weeping", he doesn't seem like someone who wheeps
Old 06-05-2017, 04:03 PM
Addicted Fan

I imagine he can be very sensitive at times. I can see him crying at anything -- movie, song, event -- that moves him. He's not a marshmallow, but there's a thoughtful, reflective side too.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The term "weep" might have been lost in translation, I could see him getting emotional and shedding a few tears. Openly sobbing in a theater I don't know. But I do think he has a sensitive side. He admits to having a more sensitive side.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So, we think Taylor will probably be doing some interviews that are only featured on Sirius XM radio, correct? I seem to remember him doing that quite a bit when promoting The Normal Heart. So my question is, I have a free trial of Sirius in my car for one year which came with my new lease. Does that translate over to say, the app? So I'd be able to access podcasts and such later? I'm a Sirius idiot (no pun intended)...
Old 06-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
So, we think Taylor will probably be doing some interviews that are only featured on Sirius XM radio, correct? I seem to remember him doing that quite a bit when promoting The Normal Heart. So my question is, I have a free trial of Sirius in my car for one year which came with my new lease. Does that translate over to say, the app? So I'd be able to access podcasts and such later? I'm a Sirius idiot (no pun intended)...
I have no idea.

I may have to see the fighter now. I'd like to know, too, what got him emotional.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sirius answered the question for me, they sent me an email today with my account and radio id number for my free trial. So hopefully that'll work with the app, I'm not about missing Taylor interviews I can't get access to.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread