Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think my initial problem with Tim was that I didn't like Lyla and I didn't like how Lyla treated Tim and Jason and didn't really like what either of them did to Jason. But after seeing the entire picture and seeing all of season one I felt differently about them together since she and Jason were done.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I think my initial problem with Tim was that I didn't like Lyla and I didn't like how Lyla treated Tim and Jason and didn't really like what either of them did to Jason. But after seeing the entire picture and seeing all of season one I felt differently about them together since she and Jason were done.
I always loved their affair. I'm demented.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The first time I watched it was definitely one of those "what are you doing? don't do it!" kind of moments but also, "this is kind of really hot" too.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
but also, "this is kind of really hot" too.
It WAS super hot!
Old 11-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So hot. They were both so broken. I always thought that Lyla had to have some feelings for Tim because she was just putting up a front with just about everyone but him.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

And SHE went in for the kiss.

I always loved the way he held her and rubbed her back.

Last edited by elherts; 11-19-2017 at 11:14 AM
elherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Right, he was so sweet with her and obviously cared about her. We're introduced to him with this dichotomy that makes him so appealing, so he's this womanizing bad boy but very obviously a sweet, caring, sensitive guy too. It was the perfect recipe for the good but bad boy.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Right, he was so sweet with her and obviously cared about her. We're introduced to him with this dichotomy that makes him so appealing, so he's this womanizing bad boy but very obviously a sweet, caring, sensitive guy too. It was the perfect recipe for the good but bad boy.
Those are my favorite type of guys! In fiction at least.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They make him this lost puppy dog that everyone would want to bring home. I still have trouble with the bad boy title. I mean, I think Billy was a bad boy and poor Tim got labeled that by default. Most of Tim’s bad boy transgressions are things he got dragged into or typical small town high school stuf... To me, his attitude is never bad boy, so I guess I have a hard time seeing him that way.

He’s just a lost broken kid trying to keep his head above water. He’s had to deal with stuff no kid should.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean, bad boy as in you probably wouldn't want your daughter sleeping with him. But he actually was kind of a pretty good boyfriend, not to Tyra, but that's a different story. But when he was clearly smitten with Jackie he was so good with her and he was always a good boyfriend with Lyla.

But the drinking, skipping school, getting in fights, etc, definitely bad boy behavior. But he was never as bad as the parents made him out to be. I always chuckled when Tami and Coach said at least Julie wasn't dating a Riggins, but honestly, again, not a bad boyfriend.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I mean, bad boy as in you probably wouldn't want your daughter sleeping with him. But he actually was kind of a pretty good boyfriend, not to Tyra, but that's a different story. But when he was clearly smitten with Jackie he was so good with her and he was always a good boyfriend with Lyla.

But the drinking, skipping school, getting in fights, etc, definitely bad boy behavior. But he was never as bad as the parents made him out to be. I always chuckled when Tami and Coach said at least Julie wasn't dating a Riggins, but honestly, again, not a bad boyfriend.
The drinking was to escape. The sex was looking for love. Even the fighting wasn’t just to pick a fight or be mean. Oh Timmy! The ability to use football for anger management is probably what saved him from being a bigger mess than he was.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know about the sex looking for love. I just think it was easy for him, and an escape. Having the structure of football and Coach T in his life to kind of keep him in line was probably the only thing keeping him out of jail or dropping out.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I don't know about the sex looking for love. I just think it was easy for him, and an escape. Having the structure of football and Coach T in his life to kind of keep him in line was probably the only thing keeping him out of jail or dropping out.
I definitely agree!
Old 11-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Old 11-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Great episode!