Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That is flawless editing.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Another song that reminds me of Tim/Lyla is I Don't Want to Live Forever.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Any love lost or longing love usually reminds me of Tim/Lyla. They're always endgame for me.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Addicted Fan

It's not Tim/Lyla for me, it's Taylor. Depending on the mood I'm in, everything can remind me of Taylor. Songs ... movies ... sports ... the snow. ... And now TRUCKS.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

The latest Canadian girls podcast gave Tim 2 minutes 15 seconds of conversation, but Coach's outfits got about 5 minutes.

At least they were complimentary of Tim. In their defense I don't think he was in the episode Hello, Goodbye very much. I can't remember.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
The latest Canadian girls podcast gave Tim 2 minutes 15 seconds of conversation, but Coach's outfits got about 5 minutes.

At least they were complimentary of Tim. In their defense I don't think he was in the episode Hello, Goodbye very much. I can't remember.
I still have trouble with them. I listen, but their airheadedness, for lack of a better word, is like nails on a chalkboard. They do laugh at themselves, and I give them credit for that.

I think they appreciate Tim, but they obviously are lacking the affection for him (and Taylor) that we have.

Always on coach about his eyeglass strap and clothes. Oy vey with the poodles already.

I haven't listened to the latest one. I've got to stop listening on my ipad, I'm all out of storage space.

Quote:
It's not Tim/Lyla for me, it's Taylor. Depending on the mood I'm in, everything can remind me of Taylor. Songs ... movies ... sports ... the snow. ... And now TRUCKS.
My kids say I can turn ANY conversation, thought, moment, etc. to point towards Taylor. What can I say? I have a gift.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
My kids say I can turn ANY conversation, thought, moment, etc. to point towards Taylor. What can I say? I have a gift.
Just out of curiosity, how does your husband handle your Taylor love? My ex was fine with my Bon Jovi craziness, but he didn't really get involved. My best friend, however, her husband is super supportive. He will go with her on all our weekend trips and stay in the hotel with the kids and keep them occupied. Mostly because she's been breastfeeding for the last 10 years. haha He'll let her plan family vacations around their tour schedule.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Just out of curiosity, how does your husband handle your Taylor love? My ex was fine with my Bon Jovi craziness, but he didn't really get involved. My best friend, however, her husband is super supportive. He will go with her on all our weekend trips and stay in the hotel with the kids and keep them occupied. Mostly because she's been breastfeeding for the last 10 years. haha He'll let her plan family vacations around their tour schedule.
He's okay with it. He knows I would be sooo happy to get to meet him. I don't think he sees it as a threat or anything. I don't tell him about the dreams... He knows I want to move to Austin, but that's not Taylor fueled. I mean, it doesn't hurt, but I've wanted to move down for years.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm way behind on the podcasts, I still haven't listened to the last EW one or the last two Canadian girl podcasts, I'm off them for awhile. Tim and his happiness is a huge part of season 3 so it irritates me that they spend so little time on him.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Jenna Fisher from the Office a big Tim fan before it was cool to be a Riggins fan.

Quote:

JENNA FISCHER:
You know who I've been obsessed with? Tim Riggins from Friday Night Lights. There hasn't been a man that hot since Brad Pitt took his shirt off in Thelma and Louise. I just can't get enough of that DVD. I'd listen to my two girlfriends talk about him and I was like, whatever, but then I saw it and called both of them and was like, I get it.
http://ew.com/gallery/celebrity-must...eir-07-faves/1

An old, old Taylor interview during season one of FNL.

Quote:

Zeeks: Your character is involved with Lyla, your paralyzed best friend’s
girlfriend. What’s up with that?

Taylor: When tragedy strikes, people turn to one another for support. I think that’s the case with this. We’re both finding it so hard to deal with — we find one another through all this and provide support for each other.

Zeeks: Why was it so hard for Tim to visit Jason in the hospital?

Taylor: As unhealthy as it is, Tim is the kind of person who deals with problems and tragedies like this on his own. There is also guilt — he feels guilty knowing or telling himself he could have done something to stop his friend’s injury. It’s just another thing in his life that hurts him to face, so the easiest thing for him to do is postpone the pain of seeing his best friend in such a horrible condition.

Zeeks: Did you play football before you got this role?

Taylor: I played football before this role. I love the competition. I love football a lot more (now), as well. Respect the sport more than I did when we started.

Zeeks: What did you do to prepare for the role?

Taylor: Just did a lot of little things in breaking this character down. I tried to understand why he drinks and what drinking does to him and his family.

Zeeks: Did you seek inspiration for playing the character?

Taylor: His looks come from a movie called State of Grace. His hair and some of the mannerisms are from the character played by Gary Oldman. I love watching Sean Penn and take as much as I can from him for this character, but I also have to make him my own, so a lot of his personality comes from what I choose.

Zeeks: Why do you think the show works so well?

Taylor: The show works so well because the cast and crew are all on the same page and believe in it so much and want it to be the BEST. It’s that simple.

Zeeks: What’s Kyle Chandler like to work with?

Taylor: Kyle Chandler is an amazing person. I learned an incredible amount from him. On and off the set, he is a constant professional and just a genuine person. We can all learn from him.

Zeeks: Best and worst thing about being on a hit TV show?

Taylor: The best thing is that I feel incredibly lucky to be Tim Riggins, and I’m given the challenge every day to play him and go through what he has to go through. It’s an actor’s dream. Worst thing is being away from family and missing the little things.

Taylor’s Tidbits:
Favorite movie: I have a few: State of Grace, Hurly Burly and Dead Man Walking. Thank You for Smoking was fun.

Actor you really admire: Sean Penn would be Number 1 on my list. He has had a major influence on my choices and for me as an actor. I truly believe he is the BEST out there. I also enjoy Al Pacino, Gary Oldman and Daniel Day Lewis.

Food you would NEVER eat: Sea urchin!!

Favorite TV snack and/or tailgate food: Those huge bratwurst sausages

Last edited by worthyoflove; 03-04-2017 at 09:14 PM
Old 03-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought he hadn't played football before the show. In the interview below he says he had played.

Side note: the shirt Tim is wearing in that pic...I randomly found it for sale yesterday. God bless the internet.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I remember when someone posted this at TWOP. Taylor and Minka feeding stray cats on set...I mean really, is there anything he doesn't do?

I want to say they either eventually got both cats and took them to a shelter and named them Lyla/Riggins or found the kittens and named them Lyla/Riggins...

Quote:
I had such a good time filming Thursday night into the wee hours of Friday morning.

My cold, black heart grew 3 times its size when I saw Tim Riggins feeding a stray cat ice cream out behind the shooting location. I stood there for about 10 minutes debating before I actually walked up to him and spoke to him, which I normally wouldn't have the nerve to do. So I finally asked myself "WWRD", which is kinda meta, but I screwed up my courage and went up to him and said "Excuse me sir" or something really lame like that, "do you know anything about this cat" and he was really nice, and said he didn't know but she was very friendly. I checked her out and it seems she had recently had kittens. So I went to my car and got out a 20 pound bag of cat food and hauled it back to the back of the building. Lyla says "where did you get that" like I had just pulled a rabbit out of a hat. I told her I did cat rescue (and I always have a 20 lb bag of cat food, canned cat food, styrofoam bowls, water, extra carriers, a trap, etc), and she said "awww." They then told me there was a declawed cat around too (I never did see that one). I said declawed cats shouldn't be outside, and they said they knew. I went and got my card and gave it to Lyla and told her if they were at any other shoots and saw cats to call me and I would see if I could help them.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd love an updated list of his favorites. Tastes change. It's been 10 years.

That stray cat image is so adorable.

Thanks for posting these.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He does love animals! I think he's probably good with dogs or cats. Squee. That's so cute.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I do not doubt he would be the weekend you'd never forget.

Quote:
Riggins is quite the ladies’ man on the show. Do you have the screaming female fans wherever you go in America, armed with camera phones and such?

I’ve been fortunate enough to kind of skip that demographic of the tweens and the early teenagers. A lot of it is women and they know I’m 27, too, so it’s kind of an ongoing joke. They convince themselves that it’s not creepy to like Riggins. [laughs] So that’s been pretty fun. It’s more than flattering and they’re very genuine in saying, “Hey, look, he’s such a great character and we all wish we could fix Riggins.” A lot of women see it that way. I did an interview in New York and the gal was like, “It’s funny because there’s like the Riggins cult for women and the Saracen cult for him because he’s the good, trusting guy.” Yeah, Riggins isn’t gonna be your boyfriend. You know what Riggins is? He’s that weekend that you’ll never forget.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread