Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2016, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Let's hope he's cleaned up a little since then. Nobody wants to win the slob award.

I love that they ALL said they could see themselves directing.

Love when he refers to himself as Kitsch.

I wish Taylor would do some sort of cameo in the musical. He doesn't have to sing. Just be in it.
Old 05-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I could never see Taylor in the musical, we did see him attempt to sing in season 2.

I came across this quote from Jason Katim's from the FNL commentary, regarding the Tim/Lyla scene in episode one of season 2, the one in the parking lot where Tim mentions Lyla is still the best he's ever had.. I remember hearing this way back when that because of that scene and the chemistry between Tim/Lyla (Taylor/Minka) they decided to pursue a story line with those two which was never the intent at first. Crazy how actors and how they work together have that sort of influence over story lines in the long run.

Quote:
"Going back I just want to say one thing about the previous scene between Tim and Lyla. It isn't something that was followed up on in this episode and when we were editing the episode it was one that always came up on the chopping block as a scene to cut because the story doesn't really go anywhere in the episode but I love the scene so much. And one of the things about that scene...I felt like the chemistry between the two of them in that scene and this sort of understated humor between the two of them was so great and it was really inspirational for me and for the writers for what became the entire or what so far looks like the entire second season where we really just explored sort of that great, smoldering beneath the surface attraction between the two of them. And it does play the whole season, it actually plays. I was even skeptical how long you could string that along, but even in episode 13 and 15 it just, it plays."
They really did have great chemistry.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 05-15-2016 at 04:22 PM
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love the library scene. Tim is sooo happy! and the pencil behind the ear.

They really are great together and that's after dating and breaking up. This is why you shouldn't date your coworkers! Katie Holmes and Josh Jackson were like that though too. Dated , broke up, and then their characters were together.

This is drive me nuts, BUT I read somewhere about another show where the couple wasn't meant to be together and they just worked, so they changed the story line. I can't remember which show it was now. This is plague me until do... maybe I'm thinking Chandler and Monica in Friends?

My other favorite Tim and Lyla scene is when he says he loves her on the couch.
Old 05-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like him with Lyla was always my favorite because he was just at his happiest whenever he was with her.

I also love when he kind of was there for Lyla when she was having a tough time with her dad, the first half of the season was him leaning on her and then it turned around.

I also think it's great that the FNL writers paid attention to who worked so well together and utilized that chemistry to their advantage. Another pair that were great together Taylor/Jesse. They were just such a great combo. I wish we would have seen more of them together in the long run, they played off each other so well.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Buddy always calls him Tim Riggins. So did Bo.

FNL was just so great on so many levels. It was too bad it was always on the verge of being cancelled. I could see it being picked up by Netflix today(instead of NBC) and it would have run with no issues. The writer's strike didn't help momentum either. I'm so glad it's found the "afterlife" following that it has.

They did have good chemistry. Kyle and Connie. Taylor and Minka. They were all good well developed characters.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Addicted Fan

So clearly I'm the only one around here who's Team Tyra. LOL I loved Tim and Lyla together, and he and Minka had great chemistry, but I could see Tim building a mature, happy life with Tyra.

Interesting that Minka and Kyle were pretty much split in the "Most Popular" category, since Minka doesn't really seem to hang with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Actually, the other way around. I thought he looked much more relaxed and himself in the Lucky Lounge video.
Oh. To me, the Hula Hut video seemed like they were pals (or more), but were intentionally reigning things in to appear more serious. I don't really see any awkwardness, per se, but I'd have to watch again.

Quote:
Let's hope he's cleaned up a little since then. Nobody wants to win the slob award.
Well, the man's allowed at least one flaw.

Quote:
They did have good chemistry. Kyle and Connie. Taylor and Minka. They were all good well developed characters.
I agree. I think it's the chemistry among the actors and their friendships that made the show so great -- even more than the storylines.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well, being a piggie isn't it. He'll have to pick a new flaw.

Quote:
Well, the man's allowed at least one flaw.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
So clearly I'm the only one around here who's Team Tyra. LOL I loved Tim and Lyla together, and he and Minka had great chemistry, but I could see Tim building a mature, happy life with Tyra.

Interesting that Minka and Kyle were pretty much split in the "Most Popular" category, since Minka doesn't really seem to hang with them.

I agree. I think it's the chemistry among the actors and their friendships that made the show so great -- even more than the storylines.
What's not really talked about or shown is that Minka and Zach were actually good friends. They did a Spotlight video together going to yoga together, they apparently did all the time and were close off set. Neither are really close with the rest of the cast any longer.

I mean I'm definitely team Lyla/Tim but I could see why they would go the Tyra route, other than scheduling didn't allow them to bring Minka Kelly back for the final season because she was shooting some other project and after what they'd done to Tim's character they had to give him some sort of semi-happy ending.

My only problem with Tyra/Tim in the long run was that it didn't feel earned. Yes we knew that they dated for at least a year prior to season one, but then they, as a couple, were forgotten about until literally the last four episodes of season 5. Then suddenly Tyra is telling Tim he was the love of her life. I just got the impression Tim was lonely and Tyra was familiar at that moment. I just always thought they were better as friends.

Also the whole build up of Tyra's story, her goal to become something more than a small town football coaches wife (which lets be honest at best that would be what Tim was headed for) she wanted to get out and BE something and not settle and marry a Riggins, just like her sister. So that part I just didn't feel like it made sense. But hey, maybe in the long run their dreams did merge together (one of my favorite lines, btw).
Old 05-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm team Tim. I don't think he ends up with either one. He'd never be happy with Lyla (he could fool himself into thinking he was happy, but she would always want him to be more and no matter what he did, it would never be enough) and Tyra wouldn't be happy staying in Dillon. She's charted a new course. I think Tyra and Tim are best as friends. They will always be connected through Billy and Mindy, so they will always be in each lives to some extent.

Quote:
Completely agree.

Quote:
I just got the impression Tim was lonely and Tyra was familiar at that moment.
Tim would be an amazing coach! Spin off!?!? Netflix reboot!?! HAHAHA! He has to be married and have kids though.

Quote:
Also the whole build up of Tyra's story, her goal to become something more than a small town football coaches wife (which lets be honest at best that would be what Tim was headed for)
Old 05-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm ready for a Tim spinoff, he could totally be the new Panthers coach, or even an assistant coach to Billy. That would be HILARIOUS. Minka's not doing much right now, I'd take Lyla making an appearance. Bring back Mindy, Buddy Garrity. I'd be all for it.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
My only problem with Tyra/Tim in the long run was that it didn't feel earned. Yes we knew that they dated for at least a year prior to season one, but then they, as a couple, were forgotten about until literally the last four episodes of season 5. Then suddenly Tyra is telling Tim he was the love of her life. I just got the impression Tim was lonely and Tyra was familiar at that moment. I just always thought they were better as friends.
I feel as if they tried to keep their connection throughout the seasons.... but more in a friendship role. I feel like he would always try and go back to her for support... like after Jackie left, or when he took her to the banquet, or when he asked her to get back together at the carnival. She asked him to get Buddy to interview her mother. They talked the night he came home from the disastrous dinner and took his pants off. I agree that he wouldn't end up with her or Lyla. But I do think he loved Lyla incredibly.

Quote:
I feel like him with Lyla was always my favorite because he was just at his happiest whenever he was with her.
Well said. He radiated in season 3.

I hate that he's a slob! I'm so anal and OCD... but I would suffer through it if he wanted to move in.

Quote:
I also think it's great that the FNL writers paid attention to who worked so well together and utilized that chemistry to their advantage. Another pair that were great together Taylor/Jesse. They were just such a great combo. I wish we would have seen more of them together in the long run, they played off each other so well.
I know that is why Pete cast in Battleship.. because of their chemistry. I read once that Taylor thinks Jesse is a great actor and that he's so happy for his success in Fargo and other work he has done since FNL

Cracks me up that he refers to himself as Kitsch.

The library scene and the couch scene both make my heart literally flutter.

I forgot about the musical. Anyone have information about it?

Last edited by elherts; 05-16-2016 at 04:45 PM
elherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I'm team Tim. I don't think he ends up with either one. He'd never be happy with Lyla (he could fool himself into thinking he was happy, but she would always want him to be more and no matter what he did, it would never be enough) and Tyra wouldn't be happy staying in Dillon. She's charted a new course. I think Tyra and Tim are best as friends. They will always be connected through Billy and Mindy, so they will always be in each lives to some extent.
Excellent points. I'd always preferred Tim with Tyra because their relationship would always be grounded in friendship, not just passion or romance. Tyra gets Tim. That was clear from the start, from their breakup scene when she confronts him about not visiting Jason, to her being the first to recognize his feelings for Lyla. I could see her inevitably coming to terms with Dillon and eventually building a happy, fulfilling life there. And let's face it, as much as we love him and want him to be happy, he had a lot of growing to do, too. Even at the end of the series, they're still really young and finding themselves. And as friends above all else, they could grow together and end up having a good life together.

But I must acknowledge that you put it so eloquently, it makes me ponder a different scenario. Namely yours, in which their friendship lasts forever even if they don't end up together. Either way, though, he and Lyla were never a "forever." There just would be too much baggage, no matter how well he loved her.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh! I do too! He was so in love her. He loved her enough to want more for her and to let her go. So sweet! [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
But I do think he loved Lyla incredibly.
Me too. I'm choosing to believe he's gown out of it. I mean, he is 35 now. When you know better, you do better.

Quote:
I hate that he's a slob! I'm so anal and OCD... but I would suffer through it if he wanted to move in.

Me too! All the feels.

Quote:
The library scene and the couch scene both make my heart literally flutter.
I haven't heard anything in awhile.

Quote:
I forgot about the musical. Anyone have information about it?
Old 05-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He put Lyla on a pedestal which is why I think in the long run it probably wouldn't have worked out with them.

I think Taylor's opinion is that he probably wouldn't have ended up with either Tyra or Lyla or at least he seemed to float that idea in one MTV interview, and the interviewer was like appalled.

But realistically you don't end up with your high school boyfriend/girlfriend especially when one is going away to school states away.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This made me laugh... generally speaking you are correct and I agree with you. My family is the exception to the rule. Daddy's two older brothers both married their high school sweethearts, my mom and dad are HS sweethearts, my sister and brother in law, another uncle and aunt are, my cousin married her HS sweetheart, and my baby cousin just proposed to his HS sweetheart and they have been at schools across the country for 3 years.

AND... they are all still married. That's even more odd defying then them all being HS sweethearts. All but one couple grew up in the same small town in West Texas.

I don't think Tim would ever love someone else like he did Lyla. It was mentioned below that Tyra knew Tim. I agree with that. She knew Tim better than Lyla ever did. Which, is why, for me, I think they are great as friends. She will always be there for him to talk to. She's more than a friend, she family. I'd say like a sister, if we can get past the fact they've slept together.

Quote:
But realistically you don't end up with your high school boyfriend/girlfriend especially when one is going away to school states away.