Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor Hockey Thread #9: Because Hockey And Taylor Go Hand In Hand

Welcome to Taylor’s Hockey appreciation thread #9

Hockey has always been the first love of Taylor Kitsch. A Kelowna, BC native, Kitsch played Junior A hockey for
the BCHL’s Langley Hornets “ When I was younger, I played junior hockey up in Canada in the BCHL – from 16
on up actually – and then I played Canadian University hockey in Lethbridge when that was finished.My whole
life,basically, follows the Canadian stereotype: back yard on the pond skating,spending every single moment
on the ice.” He's a big Red Wings fan and his favorite hockey players is Steve Yzerman. Kitsch was set to become
a professional hockey player, but a bad knee injury ended his career.

What do you love the most about the game of hockey?
"It’s all in one. That’s what makes it the sport it is. You’re doing all that at any given moment.
The rate you have to think and react is incredible. I do think the size of these guys and the speed
of the game is what really makes it the sport it is…every shift you have to be ready for anything.
I have to say that it has so much to do with the person I am…growing up with all the ups
and downs and the team-building. Or the moments in rookie camp when I was 15 playing
with guys up to 20 years old and choosing to fight for the first time or skate away in front of
your bench and 2,500 fans in a little barn in the Kootenays….that’s what shapes ya…"

I got traded out of nowhere to the Fernie Ghostriders. Then I went and played pretty close to home and I hurt my knee. I’m like ‘my knee’s done.’ I’m going to university to study nutrition and kinesiology.”

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-17-2017 at 07:47 PM
Old 09-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kiki, twitter says that the Flyers game tonight was the rookie game.

I'm hoping that with Taylor maybe being here in November he'll head to a game, if not just to see the new arena. The Wings will be awful this year. But if he's promoting both OTB and Waco he'll be in New York and LA a bit this fall early next year which means more hockey game sightings!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love seeing him at games. he's always so happy and relaxed.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hopefully we'll see him at a few coming up.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can't believe hockey is almost here. I'm going to the Red Wings/Blackhawks preseason game on Thursday. It'll be my first time at the new arena so I'm more excited to check it all out. I was most concerned that they were bringing the goal horn from the Joe and they did.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I can't believe hockey is almost here. I'm going to the Red Wings/Blackhawks preseason game on Thursday. It'll be my first time at the new arena so I'm more excited to check it all out. I was most concerned that they were bringing the goal horn from the Joe and they did.
That'll be fun!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Best part of hockey season (even if its just preseason) Red Wings are still sponsored by Ram. By the end of tonights game I think I can recite his dialogue in the Ram commerical.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Red Wings are in Vegas tonight and this is the first game of the season I've been able to watch the whole way through. The number of Taylor commercials is kind of ridiculous. And the new commercial he talks through the entire thing, says "hemi" I don't know how many times and his voice is so so low. I wish they'd put it on youtube.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-13-2017 at 10:03 PM
Old 10-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
The Red Wings are in Vegas tonight and this is the first game of the season I've been able to watch the whole way through. The number of Taylor commercials is kind of ridiculous. And the new commercial he talks through the entire thing, says "hemi" I don't know how many times and his voice is so so low. I wish they'd put it on youtube.
Yummy,
Old 10-13-2017, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

I had to look up HEMI. lol
Old 10-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know it's an engine, but I had no idea how to spell it, so I had to look that up.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I know it's an engine, but I had no idea how to spell it, so I had to look that up.
I knew hemi, but I'm a Texas girl.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He's not specifically pictured with Chace, but there's no way both Will and Taylor were there and Chace wasn't. Chace is super close with Will (to Taylor's left) as well.

Old 10-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

That's Mark on his right, correct?
Old 10-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Mark on his right and the guy that seemed to be with him in Santa Fe is to Will's left.

I grabbed the NHL Network interview if it doesn't show up elsewhere, but I'm waiting for better quality. Taylor and James Badge Dale talked about their allstar appearance.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread