Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Bahaha. That's great.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thank you for translation. I watched it twice and I didn't understand a word out of his mouth.
The only positive thing I can say about Bieber, is he drew fans and that raised awareness.
Loved him getting slammed into the boards.
Taylor skated so well, I was able to watch most of it in the car. I even had the kids excited to watch (go me). It was fun to watch him.
Not sure why men was the project they attached him too either. It seemed really odd. Then they the said Riker Lynch started in Glee, and he was far from a star...had to look him up to see who he played. Kinda a stretch.
They should have let the auction go until at least tomorrow. They could have raised more money.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They said originally the auction would go for a day. I checked back and saw there was six minutes and started bidding because it was only at 250 but it jumped like 200 dollars and sold for 650 at the last minute.

Crazy helmet hair and post game sweatiness.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:10 AM
Addicted Fan

OK I tried the Periscope links through Alyssa Milano's Twitter but it just says "Replay unavailable" and the screen goes grey and blurry. Thanks anyway. Can you describe it for me at least? Haha. What's he talking about in it?

The auction price did jump really high, really fast. I didn't notice there was an end time listed on the page. I only got a message saying I'd been outbid with only minutes to spare, and then when I went back and saw it was so high, I let it go.

I just assumed they mentioned X-Men and not something newer because it's probably his most mainstream movie that appealed to all demographics, including kids. It was strange to see though.

That photo with Pronger and Bieber is HILARIOUS!! Bieber's face, Pronger's huge grin, him looking right into the camera -- it's all priceless!

I can't remember if it was in this thread or the Fan Encounters where you guys were talking about the hockey world being so small, but I have to say I get that impression even watching this weekend. It seems less corporatized and more laid back than the other pro sports. There don't even seem to be egos among the top players. I'm sure there must be, but I can't tell as a newbie. It again has me wishing I'd discovered hockey sooner, and understood it more. It seems like so much fun to be a fan and part of that whole world and have such a history with the teams.

I know Taylor has said he's happy the way his life turned out, but I do wonder if, while there this weekend, he's had a few "what if" thoughts. I did for him. But as they say, everything happens for a reason. I guess.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

James Badge Dale who killed it in goal for the other team posted this video of him robbing Taylor.

Quote:
jimmybobbydale Glove save on my #granitemountain brother #taylorkitsch
He skates up after and says 'what was THAT?!'

#oldtimehockey
Big love to the @NHL
#echoesofhope
#NHLAllStar

And another photo from yesterday, love that smile.

The Bieber/Pronger photo was one of the top sports photos yesterday, hilarious.

The Alyssa video, you could hear Taylor introducing himself to Selanne and Selanne introduced himself as well, as if he needs introduction. Then Teemu must have asked him if he played because you can hear Taylor say he played junior 15 years ago.

Hockey players are super nice guys (generally speaking) but they're just down to earth. I was working a Red Wings alumni game and post game the media wanted me to pull Joe Kocur out for a short interview so I went in and got him no problem with it even though it was a small market TV station. Went right along with me and asked me if I'd hold the beer he'd been drinking so I just stood there holding this Stanley Cup winners beer while he did a TV interview post game, still mostly in full gear and there was just nothing strange about it. I grew up watching this guy, cried when the team won the Cup in '97 and he was just such a normal guy there was nothing to be starstruck over.

I think most of it has to be due just to the hockey community in general, it's very family oriented. I think maybe that's why Taylor has taken to the SEAL community, I don't think they're all that different from the hockey players comradery.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
That photo with Pronger and Bieber is HILARIOUS!! Bieber's face, Pronger's huge grin, him looking right into the camera -- it's all priceless!
They were both actually laughing but you can't tell from that picture. Poor kid can't catch a break, but he did bring it all on himself for acting like douche. He did get a lot of compliments though yesterday... they even called him MVP. lol Open net and an assist off a missed goal, but at least it's drawing attention to a great cause right?

Badge-Dale got a lot of love too. Did we know that he played hockey? I didn't see Taylor go up to him after the play, he's not in the frame, but that's cute. Taylor looked so talented in that whole sequence.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm trying to find a video of his assist, that was a really great setup too. He got some love from Scott Niedermayer. He looked good out there, I think he started to show off a little more to the end and he had some speed. But as a defenseman there's a fine line between getting into that offensive zone and going to the net. I think when they were down at the end he was probably just like **** it, we have to push to try and score.

If you want to see some of Taylor's playing you should check out TaylorKitschWorld's twitter, they cut a lot of the video and posted it. This is the video where he's robbed by James Badge Dale.

Old 01-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I'm trying to find a video of his assist, that was a really great setup too. He got some love from Scott Niedermayer. He looked good out there, I think he started to show off a little more to the end and he had some speed. But as a defenseman there's a fine line between getting into that offensive zone and going to the net. I think when they were down at the end he was probably just like **** it, we have to push to try and score.
I was surprised they put him on defense to begin with. There was another goal from the other team that I was like... OOOOO ****, if that had been soccer you would have been in so much trouble for coming up so far off your line and not getting back. In high school ball, my niece, who was a midfielder, was expected to to do both because their defense was week. Poor girl.

What did Niedermayer say?
Old 01-29-2017, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh it was nothing he said, just looked to him right after the goal and pointed, like it was his setup, which it was. Just a typical hockey nod to the guy who set up the play.

He said not long ago that he switched to defense because he was getting old. I can't remember in what interview. I believe he was a winger when he played junior.

He played for the Bonnyville Pontiacs, Fernie Ghostriders and then the Langley Hornets where he played the most games. He also had a lot of penalty minutes, he must have been a grinder.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He said not long ago that he switched to defense because he was getting old. I can't remember in what interview. I believe he was a winger when he played junior.
I remember him saying this, but for this game, I thought he would have played up. He was a lot younger than a lot of the guys out there. Now that I am just watching the videos without the stress of the streaming stopping and trying to locate him.... I'm enjoying it much more. He is REALY good... so hot!
Old 01-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It would have been more exciting to see him play up, but maybe he's just more comfortable back there on D now.

Some comments from the know it all hockey fans over at hfBoards, which is probably the most popular hockey messageboard.

Quote:
Taylor Kitsch was the best celebrity player. Wikipedia says he played junior hockey in the BCHL.
Quote:
His skating suggested that. He was flying out there.
Quote:
The Biebs ain't bad.
Kitsch is pretty good too (#37 in black)
Old 01-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I'm so proud.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll try and make a video of his assist today. I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

I am oddly proud too. Part of Taylor's initial appeal to me back when FNL first came out was that he was so into hockey, just because I love it so much. Then when I found out his favorite team was Detroit and he loved Yzerman it was all over. But this is the first time I've seen him play a whole game. The last time he played there were maybe some youtube videos but it wasn't televised or streamed anywhere.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:57 PM
New Fan

Thanks to you lovely people. I got to see Taylor skate live last night .
It was a very cool experience.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh yay! I'm so glad you got to watch. Not the best example of hockey but still absolutely a joy to watch him.

This was posted by the guy that got the shout out from Taylor yesterday...he is understandably, still really excited.

Quote:
Tim Riggings Said My Name

Feitelberg | Jan. 29, 11:56 am| 22 Comments

That’s it. Headline is the whole blog. Tim Riggins said my name. Did he say yours? No, it was mine. My name is the name that left Tim’s lips. I’m speechless so I’ll have to just reply in gifs.

But also like a potential sexual partner if that’s the road you wanna take*

I tried to find that in gif form but for some reason no one’s memorialized that very real seen that took place in the Applebee’s parking lot just yet.

I’d also like to tell Tim that it’s OK he didn’t score any goals in the celebrity game and only had the one apple. I could never, ever bury so I learned that an assist is worth just as many points as a goal, people forget that. Plus he played defense, and a pretty decent defense too, if I may say, as I kept getting him confused with Ray Bourque since their weren’t commentators at the game and it was only on a pretty ****ty stream so you kinda just had to just take a guess who had the puck. Nonetheless, Pavel Bure said he’d play defense if he wasn’t so good at scoring so if you’re on D that’s not expected of you. Totally fine, Tim. You played great and brought home the victory.

One thing I will not forgive you for, however, is wearing number 37.

A great homage to Patrice Bergeron, no doubt, but come on. You’re number 33 of the Dillon Panthers. Hell, you should’ve just worn that jersey out there instead of an All Star sweater. No one would’ve batted an eye.

PS – I’m on my flight to Houston and sitting next to a guy who definitely thinks this is the weirdest **** he’s ever read. Sup bro? Happy to have a new Stoolie.
Tim Riggings Said My Name - Barstool Sports
Closed Thread   Post New Thread