Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor Hockey Thread #8: Because It's Always Great To See Him Lace 'Em Up

Welcome to Taylor’s Hockey appreciation thread #8

Hockey has always been the first love of Taylor Kitsch. A Kelowna, BC native, Kitsch played Junior A hockey for
the BCHL’s Langley Hornets “ When I was younger, I played junior hockey up in Canada in the BCHL – from 16
on up actually – and then I played Canadian University hockey in Lethbridge when that was finished.My whole
life,basically, follows the Canadian stereotype: back yard on the pond skating,spending every single moment
on the ice.” He's a big Red Wings fan and his favorite hockey players is Steve Yzerman. Kitsch was set to become
a professional hockey player, but a bad knee injury ended his career.

What do you love the most about the game of hockey?
"It’s all in one. That’s what makes it the sport it is. You’re doing all that at any given moment.
The rate you have to think and react is incredible. I do think the size of these guys and the speed
of the game is what really makes it the sport it is…every shift you have to be ready for anything.
I have to say that it has so much to do with the person I am…growing up with all the ups
and downs and the team-building. Or the moments in rookie camp when I was 15 playing
with guys up to 20 years old and choosing to fight for the first time or skate away in front of
your bench and 2,500 fans in a little barn in the Kootenays….that’s what shapes ya…"

I got traded out of nowhere to the Fernie Ghostriders. Then I went and played pretty close to home and I hurt my knee. I’m like ‘my knee’s done.’ I’m going to university to study nutrition and kinesiology.”

Old 01-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From today's game in the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)

No Taylor but cute.
Alyssa Milano Periscope1

Taylor! You can hear him talking. And Retta (I still don't know who she is.)
Alyssa Milano Periscope2

A little Taylor in the background.
Alyssa Milano Periscope3

I didn't know this! I am researching resources available for foster children once they turn 18 for a piece I am writing and Echoes of Hope is one of the resources that is always quoted. I had no idea who it was run by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Stacia (Steve's mom and Luc's wife) took some videos form the bench. I haven't watched them yet but they're on her Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/stacia.robitaille

I thought the last goal was whoever he tried to pass the puck too, they mishandled it and with the empty net that was it.

Taylor's jersey is up for auction:

https://e.gesture.com/events/5iF/i/
Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I tried but couldn't get the Periscope videos to play. Am I doing something wrong?

Dear person who outbid me at the last minute for his jersey: **** you.

I'm pissed right now but tomorrow I'll probably be grateful I lost. I've never bid hundreds of dollars on anything before! But at least the $650 is going to charity. I wish he'd signed a puck too.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I tried but couldn't get the Periscope videos to play. Am I doing something wrong?

Dear person who outbid me at the last minute for his jersey: **** you.

I'm pissed right now but tomorrow I'll probably be grateful I lost. I've never bid hundreds of dollars on anything before! But at least the $650 is going to charity. I wish he'd signed a puck too.
What?!? The auction is already over?
I wish he signed a puck too.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The auction went fast. I bid until it got to $375 then I was out. There was a serious bidding war at the end.

Taylor's friend Marc posted this video to one of our Brunch podcast guys, the one that LOVED Riggins.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I swear, I'll shut up about Beiber, but over 200 photos and I'd say 90% of them are of him. Three of Taylor...3!

Old 01-28-2017, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

What did he say?
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-28-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll translate the hockey speak for you here....

He says "Fiets (the bloggers name), Kitsch here, decent apple (assist) just sayin'. Should've had more but here we go."

I'm actually happy he got that shoutout, Fietelberg is a HUGE Riggins/Taylor fan. His twitter header is Coach and Tim. He live tweets whenever Battleship is on. Taylor is his biggest man crush.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

He says "Fiets (the bloggers name), Kitsch here, decent apple (assist) just sayin'. Should've had more but here we go."
Ha. I didn't get that last part at all.

I really want to see him scruff free.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

I'm actually happy he got that shoutout, Fietelberg is a HUGE Riggins/Taylor fan. His twitter header is Coach and Tim. He live tweets whenever Battleship is on. Taylor is his biggest man crush.
Whoops. I guess we really should've pooled our money!

Thank you for translating. I had no clue what he said either!

You listen to their podcast right? You'll have to let us know if they discuss Taylor on the next one.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Try going to Alyssa Milano's twitter page. The second one is the one with a lot of Taylor.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

This

When I was in college in Philadelphia, Eric Lindros was the ****... He was SOOOO hot! He didn't age very well.. But he scored.

I thought about bidding, but I didn't.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 PM
New Fan

It froze on me when I first started watching and then it froze just after I posted (of course). I missed a few minutes as I had a hard time of getting it going again.

Taylor played really well although I would be surprised if he didn't. At the beginning I felt it was slow. Loved seeing Teemu Selanne help him close the gate and then shake hands like they were meeting for the first time when they went to the bench at the start of the game.. I guess because there were former pro players on the team I was expecting more speed and more hustle but it was entertaining. I'm glad that I was able to catch it.

I also was surprised they didn't mention Taylor's more current projects when introducing him. Did anyone else find that odd? I could maybe understand Friday Night Lights but X-men: Wolverine was a bit of a head scratcher.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah I didn't get the XMen mention either, why not True Detective or Lone Survivor?

It did start out really slow, I had the impression that the pro players were kind of just taking it easy to see how good the celebrities were.

Taylor watching the Skills competition.

I was going to say I feel bad for Bieber, but I really don't. This picture is everywhere. Chris Pronger taking him into the boards.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love his fangirling over the video. I feel like he's one of us.

I will listen to the podcast this coming week and see if it gets a mention. He's going to the Superbowl so that will probably be a huge topic but hopefully he'll mention Taylor.

The responses to the video and his reaction are hilarious.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread