Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

The Chalamaniacs would not want you to speak ill of the curls! That's where his superopwer is. I watched The King again and liked it much better this time. Both Timothee and Robert Pattinson's performances were amazing. My favorite scene is the very last one with Lily Rose Depp. She was only in like 2 scenes.

Last edited by elherts; 11-13-2019 at 07:28 PM
Old 11-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lundqvist became the 5th winningest goalie in NHL history tonight. Taylor relevant because I saw a few pictures of him at the premiere afterparty for 21 Bridges, there to support Taylor I'm sure.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Wow! Great accomplishment!
Old 11-25-2019, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Lundqvist became the 5th winningest goalie in NHL history tonight. Taylor relevant because I saw a few pictures of him at the premiere afterparty for 21 Bridges, there to support Taylor I'm sure.

That was nice he came out to support Taylor!!
Old 11-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Old 11-26-2019, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

And that’s how you get Taylor to talk in an interview.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I want to know which hockey movies he's turned down. Other than Goon there haven't really been any, so whatever was offered or pitched to him never made it out of development.

I actually doing his story as a promising junior player who suddenly finds his career over and has to make a foray into modeling and acting would be intriguing.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I want to know which hockey movies he's turned down. Other than Goon there haven't really been any, so whatever was offered or pitched to him never made it out of development.

I actually doing his story as a promising junior player who suddenly finds his career over and has to make a foray into modeling and acting would be intriguing.
It would! I would watch that... but only if he can play himself.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That might be tough, probably couldn't pull off playing teen Taylor at this point...I don't think a biopic would be the way to go, even the biggest names in hockey aren't a big enough draw to make a movie financially successful.

So many times I hear about movies that they're pitching, like the story of John Scott but that was the hot thing years ago and still nothing on that.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

I had 3 hockey related stories from this weekend. #1 I went to my first kids hockey game. They were 9 & 10 years old and the team was co-ed. I was so excited that the best player on each team was a girl! One had a pink helmet and stick. She rocked. #2 Then my niece was in a bar/restaurant Saturday night and there were a lot of youth hockey teams there who were in town for a tournament. One of the dad's started chatting her up and she found out that he used to be an NHL coach. She Googled him later and he was legit. I forget his name but I can find out from her. She said he was definitely trying to name drop and let it be known who he was. She knows nothing about hockey but her boyfriend was a huge hockey player so he was impressed. #3 His sister was living with a host family and playing in some hockey league. She repeated her senior year in high school to do so. Anyhow, she decided to forgo that route and committed to an Ivy League school to play ice hockey. On that note.. my nephew got into another school and rejected by 2. He's 3-2.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I had 3 hockey related stories from this weekend. #1 I went to my first kids hockey game. They were 9 & 10 years old and the team was co-ed. I was so excited that the best player on each team was a girl! One had a pink helmet and stick. She rocked. #2 Then my niece was in a bar/restaurant Saturday night and there were a lot of youth hockey teams there who were in town for a tournament. One of the dad's started chatting her up and she found out that he used to be an NHL coach. She Googled him later and he was legit. I forget his name but I can find out from her. She said he was definitely trying to name drop and let it be known who he was. She knows nothing about hockey but her boyfriend was a huge hockey player so he was impressed. #3 His sister was living with a host family and playing in some hockey league. She repeated her senior year in high school to do so. Anyhow, she decided to forgo that route and committed to an Ivy League school to play ice hockey. On that note.. my nephew got into another school and rejected by 2. He's 3-2.
Co-ed is awesome. Hockey is definitely one of those sports that you have a huge advantage in if you start young. You have to play the long game to get really good - I have friends with a 6 year old who is just now beginning to play. Its kinda ridiculous.

Congrats to your nephew - 3/2 ratio is pretty good nowadays from what I hear.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think Baby Minion would be great at hockey.
I have a friend whose son plays. He's a goalie. I have another friend, her girls both play.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't know if I could be a hockey mom, it is so time consuming, the early hours, the travel. It's tough.

I had a friend who played hockey at Michigan Tech and she still plays in rec leagues.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Don't know if I'm attaching this link right but I saw it and was kinda shocked. I hope it's not true but I will say Philly fans (and their mascots) can sometimes be a bit much.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...oy/4544412002/
Old 01-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That would be terrible if the person in the mascot at the event did that, it's so hard to say, what could have happened could been intended as a joke as Gritty rides that line...

I will say though, back as part of my hockey intern duties, we'd have to dress up as the mascot on occasion. You always have a minder with you, someone who can help you out if you need it, make sure you're not running into things, you can signal to if you need a break, you're not being harassed, etc. you would imagine Gritty has someone like that...and it was a huge event someone other than just the dad and boy had to have witnessed this, hopefully the truth comes out.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread