Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor Hockey Thread #10: Because He Takes His Sticks Wherever He Goes

Welcome to Taylor’s Hockey appreciation thread #10

Hockey has always been the first love of Taylor Kitsch. A Kelowna, BC native, Kitsch played Junior A hockey for
the BCHL’s Langley Hornets “ When I was younger, I played junior hockey up in Canada in the BCHL – from 16
on up actually – and then I played Canadian University hockey in Lethbridge when that was finished.My whole
life,basically, follows the Canadian stereotype: back yard on the pond skating,spending every single moment
on the ice.” He's a big Red Wings fan and his favorite hockey players is Steve Yzerman. Kitsch was set to become
a professional hockey player, but a bad knee injury ended his career.

What do you love the most about the game of hockey?
"It’s all in one. That’s what makes it the sport it is. You’re doing all that at any given moment.
The rate you have to think and react is incredible. I do think the size of these guys and the speed
of the game is what really makes it the sport it is…every shift you have to be ready for anything.
I have to say that it has so much to do with the person I am…growing up with all the ups
and downs and the team-building. Or the moments in rookie camp when I was 15 playing
with guys up to 20 years old and choosing to fight for the first time or skate away in front of
your bench and 2,500 fans in a little barn in the Kootenays….that’s what shapes ya…"

I got traded out of nowhere to the Fernie Ghostriders. Then I went and played pretty close to home and I hurt my knee. I’m like ‘my knee’s done.’ I’m going to university to study nutrition and kinesiology.”

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 04-11-2019 at 08:54 AM
Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Last few posts on previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
A lot of good games tonight!

They do ask him do do it as one of the more notable celebrity fans.

Here is the Famous Fans league:

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/famous-fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
Game 1 goes to Columbus. Sorry, Taylor, but it's Ohio so I have to be happy.
And his bracket!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanks for the new thread!

Playoff hockey is the best, the games were good last night. Never want to start the playoff run with a loss at home, so not good for Tampa. But they've been coasting along having clinched so long ago it's sometimes hard to just flip that switch against a team that's been fighting for their playoff lives. But they do have the fact that they won the President's Trophy going against them. It's a bit of a jinx. That being said, talent usually rises to the top in the NHL (unless you run into a hot goalie). I think Tampa will be fine.

With the Wings out I'm just patiently waiting for June when Yzerman's contract is up and he can formally either rejoin the Wings or take another year off or whatever. But, yes, please come home to Detroit.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My pleasure.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Maybe he'll have to go to New York before he leaves for Prague and hit up a game.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Maybe he'll have to go to New York before he leaves for Prague and hit up a game.
Yes please. He seems to get recognized every time at NY hockey games.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Unfortunately it's not the Rangers that are in the playoffs, he doesn't seem to be quite as recognizable at Islanders games, just because they don't have the same celeb following.

I can't believe Tampa is down 2-0. Columbus did the same thing last year to Washington and the Caps came back to win the series...but still, they're flirting with danger here losing the first two at home.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Yes please. He seems to get recognized every time at NY hockey games.
There was a celeb on one of the talk shows recently (sorry I can't remember any of the details!) who mentioned that the celebs are asked beforehand if it's OK to put them on the jumbo screen. She indicated they don't all say yes. I always assumed those shots weren't pre-arranged.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Oh yeah, they prearrange all that. He, I'm sure, goes through NHL PR department to get the tickets and I'm sure part of the deal is we give you free tickets, we can take your picture in the stands and use it.

But yeah, there are definitely games where he's in New York and doesn't show up on the big screen. They always have graphics ready for whatever celeb is up there. I'm sure as a courtesy, they don't want to piss anyone off so they ask beforehand.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
There was a celeb on one of the talk shows recently (sorry I can't remember any of the details!) who mentioned that the celebs are asked beforehand if it's OK to put them on the jumbo screen. She indicated they don't all say yes. I always assumed those shots weren't pre-arranged.
I didn’t realize that either.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's the same way with the NBA.

But is also why when he went to a game in Philly when he was filming '21 Bridges' that he wasn't really spotted, he was there as a guest of someone and not a guest of the NHL.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's the same way with the NBA.

But is also why when he went to a game in Philly when he was filming '21 Bridges' that he wasn't really spotted, he was there as a guest of someone and not a guest of the NHL.
I didn't know he went to game in Philly!

Rami has recently been on the jumbotron at a Rangers game and then last weekend at a Mets game. Everyone is up in arms about his privacy etc. etc. I didn't know they had to have permission to show him on the jumbotron. That makes me feel better.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He was in a suite in Philly but it was just mentions no pictures.

New York in particular wouldn’t put him up there without permission.

I want to go to bed but this game is in OT and I never skip OT.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
He was in a suite in Philly but it was just mentions no pictures.

New York in particular wouldn’t put him up there without permission.

I want to go to bed but this game is in OT and I never skip OT.
Who won?
Old 04-14-2019, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Calgary won shortly after I posted.

The Tampa Bay/Columbus game three is on right now. IF TB loses they'd be down the dread 0-3.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread