Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

I think Michael Shannon is a little bit of crazy.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:16 PM
Addicted Fan

That photo!

I think Michael Shannon's crazy is an act he puts on, maybe either to play up his intimidating looks or to act oddball to make people feel less intimidated. I don't really know much about him personally, though. I didn't know he had kids.

I've never had a problem telling Amy and Isla apart, but I can see how some can. I like them both. I'm a big fan of Amy's. Have you seen Enchanted? I guess if you don't like her, it'll get on your nerves. But it's adorable. There's also this great little movie called Junebug, about a working-class family in the South, and she's great in that. She plays Ben Mackenzie's wife.

It's funny, I think everyone has that one actor or actress that annoys you or leaves you cold, even if they're popular. And there's no explanation for it. I can't tell you my actress. But I just do not get the appeal of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, even though he keeps popping up on my favorite shows and seems nice enough in real life.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So I have seen Enchanted. I don't know I always feels like she's just the same person. What else have I seen her in, Trouble With the Curve and American Hustle were just meh for me. I did enjoy Julia & Julia and Leap Year, which I don't think was super successful but cute. I don't hate her, I just won't go out of my way to see stuff she's in.

I used to be the same with Kirsten Dunst too, I had no reason to dislike her, she just rubbed me the wrong way until I liked her very much in two movies back to back All Good Things and Bachlorette. My opinion just suddenly changed on her. So I don't know, I'm weird.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I've never had a problem telling Amy and Isla apart, but I can see how some can. I like them both. I'm a big fan of Amy's. Have you seen Enchanted? I guess if you don't like her, it'll get on your nerves. But it's adorable. There's also this great little movie called Junebug, about a working-class family in the South, and she's great in that. She plays Ben Mackenzie's wife.
I've heard of Junebug but I've never seen it. I didn't know Ben Mackenzie was in it, now I will for sure watch it.

Michael Shannon really gives me the creeps. Ever since Revolutionary Road and Boardwalk Empire. I'm not really a fan.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've only seen a few of Amy's movies.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Junebug doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's a good little indie. I saw it for Ben, but warning, he's not the lead. By the way, if you have Starz, it's on this week a couple times.

Amy was good in the boxing movie with Mark. (I'm blanking on the title. DUH.) It was a tougher, more street-smart kind of role for her.

Michael is unbelievably creepy in Revolutionary Road! I loved that movie, though. Kate Winslet is excellent.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I think Michael Shannon is a little bit of crazy.
His interview with Jimmy is odd to say the least.
He and Taylor should get along well with no social media. Taylor can talk Michael into an iPhone.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need to watch Michael's interview. Honestly, I've seen Revolutionary Road and I don't even remember him. Clearly it's been awhile. When I think of Michael I immediately think of that super small role he had in Pearl Harbor, and the movie Take Shelter with Jessica Chastain...which is just really really great.

He's kind of been in the headlines over his response to the election and then just really recently he revealed he turned down a large role in either a Marvel or Star Wars film because he didn't think the story was interesting enough. That gives me hope for Waco, he seems pretty picky about what he gets involved in, even if he's in SO much.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn't remember peal harbor until you said that.
He just upgraded his flip phone to a sidekick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I need to watch Michael's interview. Honestly, I've seen Revolutionary Road and I don't even remember him. Clearly it's been awhile. When I think of Michael I immediately think of that super small role he had in Pearl Harbor, and the movie Take Shelter with Jessica Chastain...which is just really really great.

He's kind of been in the headlines over his response to the election and then just really recently he revealed he turned down a large role in either a Marvel or Star Wars film because he didn't think the story was interesting enough. That gives me hope for Waco, he seems pretty picky about what he gets involved in, even if he's in SO much.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Pearl Harbor was on yesterday! Yeah, I like him. But then again I like quirky slightly crazy guys. His humor will match up well with Taylor.s
Old 11-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know that Colin Farrell was in Fantastic Beast.... He was looking mighty fine. But he plays a creepy bad guy.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I didn't know that Colin Farrell was in Fantastic Beast.... He was looking mighty fine. But he plays a creepy bad guy.
My daughter is seeing that right now with my aunt.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
My daughter is seeing that right now with my aunt.
I loved it. I know some people were disappointed but I wasn't. I don't know if it is the same team that did Harry Potter but the world they create is truly magical. The special effects are so real and believable. As a writer, JK Rowling is the so amazing to me. It's not her style of writing, it 's the plots and secondary storytelling that fascinates me. Where does she come up with this stuff? Let me know what your daughter thinks.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She liked it! She said it was really really good.

Quote:
I loved it. I know some people were disappointed but I wasn't. I don't know if it is the same team that did Harry Potter but the world they create is truly magical. The special effects are so real and believable. As a writer, JK Rowling is the so amazing to me. It's not her style of writing, it 's the plots and secondary storytelling that fascinates me. Where does she come up with this stuff? Let me know what your daughter thinks.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Both Aaron and Colin were nominated for Golden Globes today! (I couldn't find a photo of Taylor and Colin to add from the True Detective thread.) Aaron was nominated for Nocturnal Animals, and Colin for The Lobster. Here's the complete list of nominees:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...picture-made-t

I could be wrong, but this might be the first major award nomination for Aaron. I'm sure he's thrilled.
Reply   Post New Thread