Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2016, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Remy LeBeau/Gambit Appreciation Thread #12: Because Taylor is the Only Gambit For Us

X-Men: Origins Official Sites and Trailer:
X-MEN ORIGINS - WOLVERINE
MySpace.com - X-Men Origins - Wolverine

Interviews:
Vanity Fair:
VF: In the upcoming film Wolverine, you play Gambit. The character is a big deal in the comic-book world. Did you know that when you were cast?

TK: I was reminded right when I got the part! I love that pressure. I trained for four months with cards. I learned how to use a bo staff. I know Gambit inside out. I just saw a good chunk of the movie and I’m pretty happy with it. I think the biggest thing for me is to be able to walk away without saying I would have done this or that differently. This time, I can truly say that.

VF: Do you think there will be a spin-off?

TK: I hope we can go another round or two. Knock on wood! If the fans want it, it could happen. The fans have the power.

Tv Guide:
Kitsch On The Character Of Gambit

“He’s like a cocky, lawless young version of Wolverine who loves the fight. There are flashes of good and bad in this guy, which is so fun to play. He’s a thief-turned-poker player who carries a bo staff and has kinetic energy, which allows him to throw people around like cards.”

Kitsch On His On-Set Mishaps

“It got intense. Part of my thumb got stuck in one of Wolverine’s claws. It was a bloody mess, and I have the scar to prove it.”

The Crew on Taylor:
Hugh Jackman:
"I can say it. He's sexy, right? He's a little bit like a junior Wolverine in a way. He's a little bit of a wise guy. He's an outsider. He's got some issues himself. He's mischievous. He's cheeky. He's a bit of a badass. "

"We have a really great fight sequence. Physically that guy is an animal. He was chucking himself around on the concrete. He has that passion that I remember having when I first did Wolverine. There was no way a stunt double was doing anything for him."

"Gambit is in the film. When we showed footage at Comic-Con the place just went mental. He’s played by Taylor Kitsch who does a great, great job.

He’s a little more showy than Wolverine, but there’s a similarity. They’re outsiders, they’re wise-cracking, they’re anti-authority.

In this movie Gambit plays the role a little bit like Wolverine did in the first X-Men. He’s not part of any group, he’s not on anybody’s side. Wolverine gets him because he needs the information off him, but Gambit’s not going to give it – not without a fight. And they get a fight, the two of them get a fight. I’m really, really happy with the dynamic between the two.

I quite liked Pyro in X-Men 2. I really loved that kind of relationship, because he turns to the dark side in a way. I always feel when I was acting that Wolverine could see a lot of himself in Pyro, y’know? The loose cannon.

And just a little aggressive, a little badass really and it’s the same with Gambit. Gambit’s got a little bit of that. A little showy, a little flashy, arrogant, so kind of Wolverine… They have a dynamic where they love giving each other ****. There’s some good stuff in there."

Jeff Katz (Fox Exec ) :
As for the other fan-favorite character making his big-screen debut, Katz had nothing but praise for Kitsch’s performance as Gambit, another mutant of questionable morals who rose to prominence in the ’90s as one of the most popular X-Men.

“There’s no question that I think Gambit’s going to play well,” said Katz. “Put Taylor in a trenchcoat and give him a staff, and watch out. He’s a tough kid, and he did a lot of his own stuff — and he looked like a million bucks doing it.”
Wolverine Press Notes:

The mutant known as Gambit was not a member of Team X – Logan encounters him much later in his journey – but he plays a key role in Logan’s revenge-fueled quest. Beloved by fans of the X-Men comics who have long awaited the character’s debut in the film franchise, Gambit, who also goes by the name Remy LeBeau, has the ability to charge matter with volatile kinetic energy, causing the object in question to explosively release its charge on impact. Gambit’s favorite things on which to direct his special talents are a deck of playing cards and a simple bö staff – both of which he turns into powerful weapons when the occasion dictates.
Gambit’s presence in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE will certainly be celebrated and discussed by fans, a fact not lost on the filmmakers. Says producer Ralph Winter, who’s been involved in all the X-Men movies: “Before the start of each [X-Men] film, people would ask me, ‘Is Gambit in the movie? Is he going to throw cards? And I’d say, ‘Hang on, we’ll get to him.’”

Actor Taylor Kitsch, who nabbed the role after wrapping work for the season on the acclaimed series “Friday Night Lights,” says he understands that “the fans have been waiting [for Gambit’s appearance in an X-Men film],” and reports that he worked hard to live up to their expectations. “When I arrived in Sydney, to begin work on the film, I told the producers I was here to train and to work,” says Kitsch. His training included long sessions with the bö staff and fighting sticks – as well as interminable hours going through packs and packs of trading cards, learning the character’s signature moves. “By the time cameras rolled, I could do quite a bit with a deck of cards,” he says.
Supporters List:
01. Lothiriel
02. crazycait714
03. poupa
04. xlennie
05. danielle002
06. Laurababora
07. Hermione Weasley
08. xelanoops
09. lisagslack14
10. Enigma
11. blatelove
12. dark_red
13. hova4life
14. asiangurl408
15. Jezebel In Hell
16. *JenKneeSuu*
17. Halo23
18. kissed by starlight
19. njbrc
20. ~Natali~
21. she.is.not.you
22. trinaaron
23. NateScottLover
24. fallenstarr288
25. ThePrettySophia
26. Endless Rain
27. HaleyBub
28. Mrs.PierceMariano
29. VanesZikkiPower
30. silvercrystal
31. Brilliant Disguise
32. B.Chambers
33. joiefanforever
34. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
35. kokonutPrincess88
36. Deiaa
37. aabf
38. Majora's Mask
39. Conspiracy
40. yursare
41. BA4eva
42. naturellebella
43. FutureMrsKitsch
44. malevine5
45. PoeticPixie82
46. TKBelle
47. GlamRok25
48. Two-Core-Aura
49. taysgurl

Previous threads

http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...card-62871816/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...tory-62876203/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...gain-62886588/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...arts-62893543/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...aign-62909704/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...here-62930207/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...eeps-62945284/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...arts-62974391/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...g-do-62996086/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...rine-63071227/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...mbit-63156584/
http://www.fanforum.com/f309/remy-le...t-us-63179721/
Old 10-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanks for the new thread. Clearly not paying attention to post count.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd never read most of that. Thanks for assembling it.

Other than having bio-kinetic energy and being a thief, Taylor basically IS Gambit!

And Gambit sounds like an awesome character. No wonder he's a fan favorite.

As much as I like Channing Tatum, he sounds even more wrong for the part, now that I've read that description. Wrong in temperament, in look and build, in physicality. Good luck to him, though. I bet Taylor would turn it down now UNLESS Hugh was involved.

Taylor and Hugh really did have a great, playful energy between them. It's too bad they didn't get to have more screen time together. And it wasn't until I read Hugh's comments that I realized there really are similarities between Wolverine and Gambit, which now makes me want a Wolverine-Gambit movie. Which will never happen now.

Quote:
Hugh Jackman:

He’s a little more showy than Wolverine, but there’s a similarity. They’re outsiders, they’re wise-cracking, they’re anti-authority.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can't take credit for the OP. I'm not sure who put that together.

I feel they went with Channing for the overall "star appeal". Ironically, with the projects Taylor has coming out his star may actually be brighter than Channing's when the movie comes out; if it ever gets made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I'd never read most of that. Thanks for assembling it.

Other than having bio-kinetic energy and being a thief, Taylor basically IS Gambit!

And Gambit sounds like an awesome character. No wonder he's a fan favorite.

As much as I like Channing Tatum, he sounds even more wrong for the part, now that I've read that description. Wrong in temperament, in look and build, in physicality. Good luck to him, though. I bet Taylor would turn it down now UNLESS Hugh was involved.

Taylor and Hugh really did have a great, playful energy between them. It's too bad they didn't get to have more screen time together. And it wasn't until I read Hugh's comments that I realized there really are similarities between Wolverine and Gambit, which now makes me want a Wolverine-Gambit movie. Which will never happen now.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt, it's so true! i mean come on, look at him...

^ i did half of the OP, forget who did the rest.
zacsbabyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacsbabyboo (View Post)
tftnt, it's so true! i mean come on, look at him...

^ i did half of the OP, forget who did the rest.
Thanks for your half!

I do hope they eventually make the new movie and that it's good -- especially for the longtime Gambit fans, who deserve it.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Deadpool took a long time to be made. But I think the longer it drags on the less likely it is that Channing will stay ttached.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Deadpool took a long time to be made. But I think the longer it drags on the less likely it is that Channing will stay ttached.
The question is... will Taylor do it if given the opportunity?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Fan

The early articles made it sound like Gambit is a dream project for Channing, like Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
The early articles made it sound like Gambit is a dream project for Channing, like Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool.
Fingers in ears. Lalalalalalalala. I can't hear you.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gambit movie was delayed... again. i really don't see this happening.

X-Men Spin-Off Gambit Won't Begin Production Until 2018

Quote:
20th Century Fox's X-Men spin-off Gambit has had a rocky journey en route to the silver screen, with multiple delays, although the movie is still actually happening. Producer Lauren Shuler Donner made it clear that the project is still moving forward in an interview last month. But the standalone drama is still without a director, after Doug Liman parted ways. And it isn't clear when this long-awaited movie may finally get off the ground. Today, we have an update from another producer, Simon Kinberg, who claims that filming will likely begin next year.

LRM Online spoke with producer Simon Kinberg, who reiterated Lauren Shuler Donner's previous comments that the project is still happening. He also revealed that star Channing Tatum is still committed to the role, and is trying to get the character just right. Here's what he had to say below, confirming that filming on Gambit will likely begin next year.

"Yeah, it is going to happen, and it's just a question... Channing is, in the best possible way, as committed and as rigorous about getting the character right as Ryan was with Deadpool and as Hugh was with Logan on this movie, and so it's been about finding a filmmaker and someone who can capture that voice and hand it off to Channing. But he's been a really critical part of the process, and we're hoping that the movie, probably given his schedule, will be ready to go this year and probably shoot next year."

Before director Doug Liman walked away from the project in August, there was a report that claimed the movie was struggling to find the right tone. Very little is known about the story, especially since the script seemingly continues to keep evolving, but we reported in September that X-Men alum Anna Paquin will not return to reprise her role as Rogue, even though Rogue and Gambit had an interesting relationship in the comic books. While no story details have been confirmed yet, the project has previously been described as a "sexy heist thriller," with Reid Carolin, Channing Tatum's producing partner, taking over the writing duties from Joshua Zetumer (RoboCop).

Way back in 2015, when Rupert Wyatt was still attached to direct Gambit, a report surfaced that Lea Seydoux was being eyed for the female lead role of Belladonna Boudreaux. Gambit was first seen on the big screen in 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch. This New Orleans-based Mutant has the power to manipulate kinetic energy, and often uses playing cards against his victims, throwing them and turning them into tiny bombs mid-air. He is also known for fighting with his Bo staff. Hopefully we'll find out more about Gambit as the year progresses, but it may be quite some time before any updates are announced.
zacsbabyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think this was actually supposed to be viewed as positive news that Channing is still attached. That's probably another two years before it even hits the big screen if there are no more set backs.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Old 02-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There's just something about Channing that rubs me the wrong way. Sounds like he's super invested in the part. Good for him, but he's not my Gambit.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for posting the article.

They should just ditch Channing or, better yet, he should gracefully exit. The fact they're finding it so difficult to find the "right" director suggests either the producing team or Channing himself is being really difficult and making demands that no director is willing to put up with. And I've yet to hear or read someone excited to see Channing as Gambit. They should just start from scratch, offer it to Taylor, get him a top-notch dialect coach to nail the Cajun accent, and make the movie already. They could probably find someone willing to direct it with him attached.

And I say this as a Channing fan! Poor guy. He clearly loves the character.
Reply   Post New Thread