Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2020, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He really does. I'd like to see him go really sinister though.
I think he could do it!
Old 08-06-2020, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He for sure could. He always seems to pick bad guy roles who still have a little bit of a heart.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Lately, he does seem to be attracted to the dark characters ... but there is a difference in going all dark and Taylor's portrayal of dark. He doesn't seem necessarily interested in just being "bad" for bad's sake, he's more interested in what the darkness does to the soul of the character. That's why they all seem a bit more complex then they appear (and why we are always lamenting that we wish his character would be more defined and had been given more screen time).

I do agree he could go all dark but as an actor, I don't think he'd like doing that as much.
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like the characters he does choose have interesting elements to them and possibly really interesting back stories. The problem being that the movie around his character might not be as interesting as his character could be if it was more developed.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I feel like the characters he does choose have interesting elements to them and possibly really interesting back stories. The problem being that the movie around his character might not be as interesting as his character could be if it was more developed.
I would have liked more on Ray for sure.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
He doesn't seem necessarily interested in just being "bad" for bad's sake, he's more interested in what the darkness does to the soul of the character.
Very well said! Very good point. I agree.

Apologies of this is old news, but I saw that the movie will premiere on Showtime on Sept. 5.

I really liked Chris Pratt until he joined the Marvel universe and Jurassic became such a big hit. Now everything he does feels cheesy. He got to show some grit in the Magnificent Seven (back when I still thought he could be the next megastar). But I don’t think he would have had the depth that Taylor gave Ray.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I can't believe this. Chadwick passed away from colon cancer, he was 43.

Quote:
It is with immeasurable grief that we confirm the passing of Chadwick Boseman.⁣

Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016, and battled with it these last 4 years as it progressed to stage IV. ⁣

A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much. From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more, all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. ⁣

It was the honor of his career to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther. ⁣

He died in his home, with his wife and family by his side. ⁣

The family thanks you for your love and prayers, and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time. ⁣
Old 08-28-2020, 07:38 PM
Addicted Fan

I just saw it a couple minutes ago. I’m on the clock but but came straight here. I’m in shock. And devastated. I thought he was going to be one of the all-time greats. He was a favorite even before Black Panther. It’s why I was so excited he was working with Taylor.

Seriously, I’m just ... I’m in shock.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I gasped and had to read the instagram post again and then thought maybe it'd been hacked.

Just so so sad. I had a family friend lose his battle with colon cancer at 48 earlier this month. Get your colonoscopies! And he was way way too young, it feels so unfair.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

I had to read it 3 times to sink in and then I thought it was a hoax. So so so sad. He was so talented. He blew me away in 21 Bridges. I only saw him in that and Black Panther. I remember thinking.. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? after BP. I mean I liked it but I wasn't doing backflips. And then I saw 21 Bridges in the theater and he just sucked me right in. He had something special.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

It also might explain why sometimes he came off as a little prickly in interviews lately. He just knew there were more important things. There was something world-weary about him but those constant Marvel movies and promo tours can be draining.

I really thought he was going to be another De Niro, Pacino, Freeman. That level and longevity.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Joe Biden just Tweeted about him. I didn't realize that he played Jackie Robinson in 42. The movie was underwhelming but he was great. So shocked and sad.

I always think of how Denzel Washington paid for Chadwick's college tuition. Always makes me smile.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor's post on instagram remembering Chadwick.

Quote:
.I’m sure this sentiment will be echo’d, and deservedly so. I feel inclined to say my heart aches with this news. Boseman was one of the g’ones. Obviously incredibly talented, had an old school/old soul approach to the work. I simply signed onto the film bc i admired his work...but getting to know him throughout the shoot off screen is where he truly shined. He was gracious and genuine. Truly listened. Cared. And not a false bone in his body. He would constantly check in and see if there was anything he could do throughout the shoot to facilitate, all without motive. Just there to help.
I remember walking off set after the first day and we chatted and I started to joke about how I didn’t have the accent where I wanted it yet...he just listened. The next day we had our dialect coach waiting for us. They say there’s just certain people that have that inexplicable charisma... the intangibles..he had those in spades.
Our last few moments we joked n said we gotta do something together.. maybe more than 1 scene I told him I’d love nothin’ more and I’ll hold him to it.
I look back and I’m grateful for the time we had. The laughs, chatting about the work, how I’d rib him to ‘go get some rest... something tells me you’ll be busy for a long time
He just flashed that ridiculous smile and with only his grace, just nodded.
He truly was one of the good ones.
He’s passed way too soon, he’s left such an indeliable mark in such a short time.
Truly wont be forgotten.

Old 08-28-2020, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

This made me tear up. Beautifully said by Taylor. I'm so glad he posted it.

Just wish he spelled everything out and correctly. But I guess that's not important right now.

Last edited by elherts; 08-29-2020 at 07:43 AM
elherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I saw someone post last night about his passing and did a double-take. I thought... NO! This can't be right. I Googled and the info was less than 10 minutes old. I messaged Amanda and said, "Is this real?" I am so sad to hear this. My kids love Black Panther, they are shocked too. I didn't know he was sick... I don't think many did. My heart goes out to his friends and family. His wife must be devastated. Taylor's tribute was beautiful.