Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2021, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The restaurant I'm meeting a friend at tomorrow has like little greenhouse structures set up to separate guests. They have a bunch of them, so that'll be interesting. They've become pretty creative since it's sometimes still too cold to eat outside and we're still restricted to 50% indoor capacity.

My friend who I usually do Derby with was texting me today saying we should have gone. Hell no. That event is like shoulder to shoulder...I know they're only allowing so many in but I was still shocked to hear that it was 50,000 fans. That is the booziest event, everybody is going to be wasted and no personal space.

For whatever reason I'm supposed to go into the Secretary of State because my license expires this year...even though I swear I was just in to get a new picture. Anyway, we're strictly by appointment at this point. The problem being my license expires in late May...the next appointment available at the Secretary of State is August.

I had the most heavenly strawberry salad for dinner. I might dream about it.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I opted out of the baby shower. Sleep sounded like the better choice.
OM is making cinnamon rolls, I've been asking for a month.
It's cloudy and rainy and a good day to stay home.
We had friends over last night for game night. We played utter nonsense and plunder. It was so fun! It made up for spending from 11:15-3PM at the eye doctor yesterday. Y'all. My eyes are a freaking mess. I tried a new pair that didn't make it out of the parking lot...I couldn't see ANYTHING! Now I'm in a pair that seem to be working, I could drive home safely...bonus! My glasses are being remade with the lines in the correct place. Baby M has abandoned contacts for now and picked out frames and ordered his glasses. Hopefully, this is all about to be wrapped up.

I think the derby would have been too ppl heavy for me. Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The restaurant I'm meeting a friend at tomorrow has like little greenhouse structures set up to separate guests. They have a bunch of them, so that'll be interesting. They've become pretty creative since it's sometimes still too cold to eat outside and we're still restricted to 50% indoor capacity.

My friend who I usually do Derby with was texting me today saying we should have gone. Hell no. That event is like shoulder to shoulder...I know they're only allowing so many in but I was still shocked to hear that it was 50,000 fans. That is the booziest event, everybody is going to be wasted and no personal space.

For whatever reason I'm supposed to go into the Secretary of State because my license expires this year...even though I swear I was just in to get a new picture. Anyway, we're strictly by appointment at this point. The problem being my license expires in late May...the next appointment available at the Secretary of State is August.

I had the most heavenly strawberry salad for dinner. I might dream about it.
My favorite salad with strawberries is a spinach salad. It has spinach, strawberries, red onion, pecans, feta, and chicken with a poppy seed dressing. Heaven!

Well if you can't get in until August, they realize that not on you, right? We had an exemption while we were shut down. Oh! This just reminded me that OM's license is expired! She ISSUED it expired, don;t get me started. Now that we are open again, she had until April something to renew it...she was scheduled to do that when I had to drive to Dallas to get Baby M. I TOTALLY forgot about it until I just read this. Oops!
Old 05-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That sounds like the strawberry salad I had but it also had red peppers. I added roasted chicken and the poppy seed dressing was so good.

It was actually decently warm today and is going to be in the 80s tomorrow but of course for like the three hours I went out today the sun went away and it got super windy. We were in like these little cube huts and the wind rattled that thing like no other.

The Derby looked SO crowded. I would be overwhelmed.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You know it's the end of the semester when your assignment is to play a video game. That's what OM is doing right now. It's supposed to rain again tonight. Not sure the ground is ready for that. We'll see. We still have standing water from this past weekend. It was sunny and nice today. Love these nice spring days.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It was 83 yesterday and I just sat outside to drink my coffee, eat some breakfast...I took my time but didn't think I was out there that long. My skin would say otherwise. First sunburn of the year.

But now it's going to be rainy for awhile, which I don't mind. It makes everything so green and we've been in a bit of a drought.

I'm so out of shape, could very much relate to Will Smith's instagram post the other day. I did a 15 minute pretty high intensity kettle bell workout and wanted to be done two minutes in.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

It was beautiful all weekend. We were in Pittsburgh, outside a lot, and I got terrible sunburn on my face and chest. Plus we were in a lot of restaurants and bars. My foot and ankle are NOT happy.

Quote:
I'm so out of shape, could very much relate to Will Smith's instagram post the other day. I did a 15 minute pretty high intensity kettle bell workout and wanted to be done two minutes in.
I loved that post. hahaha I feel it.

That strawberry salad sounds awesome. I had an amazing salad at the beach a few weeks ago with apples and pecans. The lettuce was so crisp. I keep dreaming about it.

I watched the Derby and the weather looked sooo nice.

Are the greenhouses like the igloos? I don't understand how they prevent the spread of Covid. They are like little rooms. They are cute though.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never been to Pittsburgh though I've heard it's fun. I used to have family there but they've since moved to Charlotte.

My chest and arms are still recovering, usually the next day I wake up and I'm okay but I really did a number.

I've been on a big salad kick lately. I love steak salad and make it at home a lot but the other day I was out I had a steak salad that was so so good. I had to go look it up to see what was in it because I want to recreate it. It was Ribeye Filet, mixed greens, parsley, roasted leeks, pecorino romano, pomegranate, tomatoes, pepita-sesame crunch and miso tahini dressing. So so good.

This is what they looked like...they seat four though I saw a few that had more in them. I think the idea is that you're eating in a closed environment with people you're with and not exposed to others. In theory it's fine but unless they're airing them out between uses it's not great...they closed between 2-4 to switch over from lunch to dinner service and to clean so we were the first in this little greenhouse thingy after they opened back up. They had them all decorated and each had lights and a heater in them too.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

I love steak salad too. I had a yummy steak protein bowl on Sunday night. I know there was steak, spinach, chickpeas, carrots, and a ton of other stuff.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Now I'm going to make steak salad for dinner tomorrow.

Have you ever gotten into acai bowls? I was obsessed with them for awhile and now I'm craving one like crazy. I need to stop thinking about food.

If anyone likes True Crime, there's a new documentary series on Netflix. It's not murdery but it's about an art heist in Boston. I've been to that museum without really having any idea that it had that sort of history even though it was just 30 years ago. I think it's called "This is a Robbery" it's only four episodes but I watched the first two last night.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

I love acai bowls. I eat them several times a week, but I get the green base which is kale/pineapple/coconut water/milk?/and something else. So good. I'm surprised you know of them because they are mainly on the east coast.

A few of my friends have been watching Mare of Easttown, which apparently takes place outside of Philly where one of my Uncles grew up. Plus Evan Peters of course....
Old 05-04-2021, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Are they an east coast thing? I can't remember when I discovered them. They actually have them frozen at Trader Joe's too. But they're at most of our smoothie/juice places around here. There's a place called Cafe Succo near me that is my favorite.

I've heard Mare of Easttown was really really good, but I'm waiting for some episodes to accumulate so that I can binge it a bit.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 05-04-2021 at 07:36 PM
Old 05-04-2021, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

I feel like I mentioned them here before and you guys weren't aware of them. I should say PLAYA BOWLS is an East Coast thing but now they are spreading out to mostly college campuses and hipster places. I know there are none in Pittsburgh. There is one literally a mile from my house but I usually cant park there when Rutgers is in full session. I have been taking full advantage during Covid bc the kids are online.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah we don't have Playa bowls here yet but I see there is one down at Ohio State. Only a matter of time.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Yeah we don't have Playa bowls here yet but I see there is one down at Ohio State. Only a matter of time.
The closest one to me is in Baton Rouge, LA. I've never eaten an acai bowl.

Not sure how well the greenhouse thingys work unless they are sprayed down between each use.

The procrastination is strong in OM. She is so so so done. She's currently asleep in a chair. She looks uber uncomfortable. I'll wake her up in 10 minutes. Hopefully, I'm waking her at about 20 minutes so it's a power nap. She didn't even have classes today. Well, she had one and she skipped it. She was allowed five absences and that was the first one.
I need to proof a paper for her in a little while.

Kiki, did you go back to school?
Old 05-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Acai bowls, kind of just like a smoothie in a bowl but usually top it with various things, like coconut or granola or fruit. My favorite is Base: Açaì, Mango, Banana & Coconut Milk Toppings: Granola, Coconut Shavings, Strawberry, Blueberry & Honey. They're in theory supposed to be a healthy alternative but it is a lot of sugar.

They have open vents in the ceiling to open like a sunroof if it's warm enough. Otherwise they just wipe everything down like they would any other restaurant. I didn't feel too threatened because it was cold out, they'd just opened after cleaning.

Happy cinco de mayo! My allergies hate me, sucking the energy out of me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread