Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2021, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Collagen is good for skin, your joints, etc. I use it for my joints but I think it's making my nails and hair grow faster too.

It's funny to read different opinions on it because they're changing constantly but I've heard that asymptomatic spread is one of the most common ways to spread it.

I'm going to vent about the current state of fashion...I hate that everything seems to be cropped. I like my long shirts and sweaters, someone with a long torso the high rise crop shirt combo is not my friend.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Nephew was negative.

I've noticed with my niece and friends, who are early 20s, the style is not just crop top, it's like practically under the breast bone. That would have never worked for me. Even when I was super thin, my middle was always my thickest area.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

How long ago did he have covid?

Oh yeah, I think like the look is exposed bra/sports bra with a cropped shirt and really high light washed jeans with the knees ripped.

All the retro 90's stuff is coming back. If they bring back lowcut jeans I will boycott. They look good on no one, unless you have zero percent body fat and no hips or belly fat.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

I hated low cut jeans. Ugh.

He had it in October.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

That Meghan and Harry interview was undersold in the previews. There were a lot of "oop" moments where names were dropped and things were said that I never thought they'd put out there.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
That Meghan and Harry interview was undersold in the previews. There were a lot of "oop" moments where names were dropped and things were said that I never thought they'd put out there.
I'm watching it now. Harry is having trouble explaining himself. I don't think he knows what to say. He doesn't want to say too much. She was very well spoken.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kiki, I sent you the link for collagen.

I just glad skinny jeans are over. I'm not a crop top girl. Nope. Nope. Nope.

I just saw my college-aged cousin in pants with a wide leg. Almost bell bottom. It all comes around, again and again.

Project Procrastination lives on. OM has taken everything out of the office (and put it in my living room and dining area!). We cleared and moved a shelf out; it's going into my storage shed to help organize boxes and holiday decor.
We moved some stuff around to make more room and be better organized.
I found a cabinet yesterday, that someone was giving away. I borrowed a friend's husband and truck and OM and I picked it up today. It is perfect! It holds a lot of things I preferred to be behind closed doors. It looks so much better already.
OM and I got two 30X80" doors yesterday. They were interior doors and are flat. We are going to use them as desks! I need more crafting space for projects and my Cricut. We found a Pinterest post that uses two IKEA drawers as part of the desk "legs". They have 3 drawers each and should be perfect to hold the vinyl sheets for my Cricut. The theme of the day is storage.
Also, we created space to move my sewing machine and table and all its entourage downstairs into the office as well. Progress!

OM is so over school right now. 15 hours is too many, I fear. Even with no power and water and a blizzard...she had to do work that entire week. No, they didn't have classes, but none of the work assigned was dropped. She still had to do it all. She's a bit overwhelmed right now and she's looking to do something she can control, so my office is it. I am not complaining either. I've wanted to do this since we moved in! I'm happy to get it done, I'm worried she is feeling so out of control.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Are skinny jeans over? I think most jeans I still buy or see are technically skinny or I feel like they're skinny. I definitely have not transitioned to boot cut or flare again.

I'm the queen of procrastination. I re-did my room, painting it last October and still do not have it done, like furniture still needs to be moved out of there...still need to get new curtains.

I have other projects I want to do in the house but I've told myself I can't start those until I finish my room. I really want to strip or maybe paint the beam in the back room of my house. For some reason someone painted it. I would love if it would be exposed natural wood but they're vaulted ceilings and I worry about having to strip it at such a height. It would be so difficult...I might just have to paint it a really dark color for some contrast.

Somehow I'm eligible for the vaccine due to my job. A few of the guys at my one office went through the state to find out if they could be qualified because we have to meet in person with people almost daily, and a lot are 65+ so I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get the vaccine. I did not expect it to happen that fast, little nervous.

I did 18 credit hours one semester when I wasn't working but was active in my sorority and ended up having to drop a class to get back to 15. It was a lot. I tried to do 12 as much as I could and then do one class each summer semester to "catch up". My dad always thought if I wasn't working then I could do 15-18 credit hours.

I may have jumped the gun, it was in the 60s today and my nursery near me had pansies out so I planted a few in the pots on my porch...and now I see it's supposed to go into the mid 20's next week overnight, that's pushing it. I don't want to deal with dead flowers.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:26 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I heard somewhere that skinny jeans are done! I’m embracing it as gospel!

That’s good news about the vaccine. I think you will have so much more peace of mind. I saw today that the CDC says groups that have been vaccinated don’t need to wear masks around each other. That’s progress!

My parents have beams in their living room. They painted over them, white, at one point. A few years ago, they painted them dark brown again.

OM has done 12 hours every semester except her very first one. She wanted to make sure she hadn’t taken on too much to start, also she was a sophomore in high school.
She did one class last summer and 12 for fall. 15 this semester...so that knocked out 30 hours. I don’t know how one works and takes this many hours.
I think it’s just so reading heavy. It’s about 300 pages a week. That’s a lot, even for a fast reader and ppl who like to read. She just about has her English requirements done. So hopefully the rest is less reading. She’s debating a summer class right now. I really think she just needs a break.

I am so happy we are getting things organized! I just can’t stand the clutter. It makes my Virgo all warm and fuzzy, and we know how hard it is for a Virgo to be warm and fuzzy.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

I refuse to get rid of my skinny jeans yet. I can't wear them now with my cast anyhow. I live in yoga and sweatpants. I had to throw 2 pair away because I wore them out.

I remember taking 18 credits. I still have nightmares about it. I dream that I forgot to go to class all semester. lol I also have waitressing nightmares. Some things just stick with you. N&N (niece & nephew haha) are so busy right now. She's trying to finish up senior year and get a job, he's got 15 credits and pledging a fraternity. I rarely talk to them right now.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love my skinny jeans because they look so good with ankle boots and just taller boots too, you don't have to stuff them into your boots. I hate that.

But I feel like all the jeans I see are still mostly skinny and high rise, which I love. Do not leave me high rise jeans.

I got the Moderna vaccine this morning. So far so good, my arm really isn't even sore. *knock on wood* Though I heard sometimes the second day is when it hits you.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

My arm didn't hurt until like 5 hours later. I've heard the Moderna's second shot has worse side effects then the others. My dermatologist also told me that young women tend to get sick. I think I'm on the cusp of being considered young, but Amanda, you are in the lions den. Hopefully you will be fine. Did teachers in Michigan get vaccinated yet? We are still on essential employees 1b which includes teachers. I'm supposed to get my 2nd shot on the 24th. I asked my friend to stay the night with me just in case I have a reaction.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My mom misses us. She called today and sounded so sad. Then Daddy texted, out of the blue, and said he loved me and he loved the minions and missed us. They are ALWAYS welcome, but right now I have my office all over my entire house! They can come as soon as I get it cleaned up!

My biggest issue right now is that the drawers I want to use as the ends of my desks are out of stock!!! No! I NEED them, now! I'm making progress on organizing it though. Baby Minion decided that we had to get on space completely organized before we started on another area. SO...he's helping me move my sewing stuff from my room tomorrow.

Today has felt like Friday all day to me.

We were out of tea, so we made a run to HteaO. I'm obsessed. I got a gallon of watermelon and a gallon of Georgia peach. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!
Old 03-09-2021, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was vaccinated at 11, so I'm about 10 hours out now and still nothing. But it wouldn't shock me if I woke up tomorrow not feeling great or something shows up. I was dumb and got the vaccine in my right arm, not thinking that's the side I usually sleep but it's not a problem as of now, my flu shot hurt so much more.

Yes, health care workers and teachers were some of the first vaccinated here. I'm not sure if that was mandated by Michigan or the county I'm in specifically but I have friends who are teachers in the state and were vaccinated over a month ago and most were done through the county I live in which is, admittedly the county that has issued the most vaccinations in the state. But we might also be the most populous county in the state too.

I'm not sure what phase we're in but starting yesterday anyone 65+ could continue to get it and anyone 50+ who is immune compromised/underlying conditions could start being vaccinated. Next Monday all 50+ are eligible regardless of job/health, etc.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Our teachers didn't start getting shots until last week!