Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2021, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

I watched the Britney Hulu thing. Nothing new. Here's my take. She went through a tough time when she and Justin broke up (been there), she was looking for anyone and anything to prove her worth, to love her... thus the whole Federline situation. Then the whole breakdown when he rejected her too. Plus the paparazzi etc. etc. I was glad her father stepped in. Who knows what would have happened to her otherwise. But it's been quite awhile and she is clearly functioning. However, like that one lawyer kept saying, and one of my favorite expressions. We don't know, what we don't know. I'm sure the fact that she went back into rehab, for whatever reason, didn't help her cause. I loved all her fans at the courthouse though. hahaha That would totally be us.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They have sweet and unsweet. I don’t like sweet tea. Go ahead South, disown me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Do they have sugar free tea? I'm not a huge tea person, usually just in the summer.

I actually turned the game off at half and I'm finishing The Head on HBO. I just don't really care about the game that much. I'm indifferent to whomever wins. I'm by myself so I didn't make anything for the Super Bowl. Usually, traditionally, it's a chili night.

I did get stuff to make low carb pizza too! But then I had leftovers from yesterday so just finished the shrimp and grits.
Burgers were so Good! Definitely, no wings. Those can be a meal later this week.
I didn’t like the halftime show.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

So as a really really big Britney fan that has sort of fallen off the fandom since she went off the deep end. I agree with this, however, I do think that the conservatorship should not still be in place. She's not even asking for it to be completely terminated, she's just asking for her father to not be in charge. I do believe that the reason we're not seeing her right now is because she refuses to work until her dad is removed, and in turn I think that her dad is holding it over her and has put her into facilities, had her medicated. But we don't know her actual medical condition, if she has been diagnosed with anything.

i always thought it was pretty obvious that she seemed to have postpartum depression. I think her mom mentioned it in her book. which has the postpartum, was going through a divorce, tons of pressure from the press/media, losing her kids...the depression didn't help and she lost it and in turn agreed to the conservatorship to see her kids.

Very familiar with conservatorships and of the number that I'm involved in we have one that is someone who is not of advanced age that can no longer manage their finances on their own...that client has bi-polar disorder and after a year of staying on their medication, being a productive member of society etc., had their conservatorship terminated. Generally courts and judges would prefer to have a conservator be a family member in order to protect the estate and not have to deal with fees to pay someone else to handle it, but the actual issue here is that the ward (Britney) is her family's meal ticket essentially...and certainly her dad's meal ticket. Why would he want it to end?
Old 02-07-2021, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Just saw it (the commercial)! I LOVED that movie! I’ve tried to get the kids to watch it, but they never have sat down and watched it. I need to find it online somewhere. Don’t think I have the DVD.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The only commercial that I caught that caught my eye was the Tide Jason Alexander commercial. I loved that they used the song he used as his answering machine message in Seinfeld.

It's been so long since I've seen Edward Scissorhands. I found out over the weekend my best friend has never seen The Sound of Music. I was shocked, though people were always shocked when I said I'd never seen The Wizard of Oz in full until probably like 10 years ago and I hated it. I think it's something you need to see as a kid and have that nostalgia to like it. I just didn't. I'm going to make her watch The Sound of Music, she said she knows the music and premise but has never seen it!

I had to dispose of a dead squirrel in my backyard this morning. Something got it, probably a coyote, but there was so little blood, like no blood. I don't know, it was definitely frozen by the time I got to it so maybe it was dragged by something to that spot. Anyway, I had no idea what to do with it. You can't bury it, the ground is frozen, so for now he's chilling in a garbage bag behind a bush on the side of my house until garbage day. It weirded me out to think about having it in my garage.

We're under an arctic air advisory, which I think is funny. I mean it's cold, but it's not that cold. The polar vortex or whatever it was a few years ago when it was legitimately -20 without wind chill was cold. This is cold but I still didn't zip my jacket walking into the office today even though it's only 15 degrees out. But then I am wearing a "toque" in the office today.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Sound of Music is a must watch!

I wasn't overly impressed with any of them. I liked the Michael B. one...bc Michael B. I wasn't exactly sure what the point was though... so bad from an advertising standpoint. Of course, I hate commercials anyway.

I hit crafting nirvana. So many things I can make now!

I want to reorganize my pantry and linen closet. I couldn't find the containers I wanted. I will have to keep looking. Why must what I want elude me?!?
Old 02-09-2021, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Michael B Jordan and the female actress in that commercial were really good. I just don't find him that good looking. I think he's cute but he just doesn't do it for me. I hate his mustache.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My children are fighting. Shoot me now.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need a vacation, like a real vacation. With COVID I feel like I've had no days off really, certainly not time to just go and decompress. I feel like as a nation we all need one long vacation.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

I am having a nervous breakdown today. There is this medication that my doctor wanted me to have just about a month ago now. Between the doctors office/the pharmacy/my insurance, the ball was totally dropped. I have literally called one of them every day. I needed it for a specific window at the end of January... didn't come. So I dealt with the consequences, basically suffered. Now it was supposed to come today. Hasn't come. It says its "out to be delivered," since 9am. It's almost 10pm. I called it a day and drag my cast and crutches upstairs, and then call UPS. They tell me they tried to come last night at 9:36 but I didn't answer the door. UMmmmm I am sitting here with a broken leg. I live in a small townhouse. Nobody came. So they tell me he's still coming.. I just dragged my ass downstairs and am waiting for him. With the door wide open so the ****er can't gently knock and say I didn't answer the door. The kicker? My doctor who needs to administer the medication (its a shot) is leaving for vacation and won't be back in the office until the 23rd! The medication is to stop my period while I'm on crutches until I can get my hysterectomy. Now it may be too late again. Another doctor can give it but i wanted to talk to my doctor.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If it has to be administered to you why wouldn't it go directly to your doctors office and then have you come in to have it administered. This sounds like a total mess. I'm sorry. I hope he comes tonight.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If it has to be administered to you why wouldn't it go directly to your doctors office and then have you come in to have it administered. This sounds like a total mess. I'm sorry. I hope he comes tonight.
I could have had it sent to the office but basically any medical person can administer it. I wasn't sure, at the time, how I was going to be getting around. If I was going to be able to get around, so I wanted to have it.

Update. It is NOT coming tonight. It was actually never loaded on the truck today. Mother****er!!
Old 02-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm surprised UPS wasn't more on it, they're usually really good. I'm sorry you're having such issues.

I felt super crappy today and just stayed home. Do you get a sick day if you're working from home? I feel like the sick day doesn't exist any longer. I still took phone calls and answered emails.

I started watching the third season of The Sinner. I liked the first two and Matt Bomer is always nice to look at.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I need a vacation, like a real vacation. With COVID I feel like I've had no days off really, certainly not time to just go and decompress. I feel like as a nation we all need one long vacation.
I cannot agree any more with this sentiment right now. We've had three people leave our practice within the last two and a half weeks. One on maternity leave (we expected that), one moved out of state (we expected that one too) but now, today, another therapist told us she is moving away in two weeks (we had no warning). The mass exodus from CA is as real as ever. My days are overloaded until we can fill these vacancies and it's not fun.

Hopefully I can pop back up here more often than I have lately - I've just been swamped. I'm hoping to get some time this weekend for a break. I need it - even if its brief.

Kiki: I'm so sorry you are struggling with your foot - and the whole prescription debacle. Hopefully, you'll find some relief soon.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

They delivered it around 3pm. I was screaming... "I am here! Don't leave!" while hobbling over on my crutches. I had to sign for the medication. Anyhow.. the guy is halfway down the path. I yelled... "I'm here!" He says "I heard you. I left the package." It's on the ground. I said "I need to sign." He says.. "I signed for you since I knew you were home." ??????????????????????? I said, "Can you come back and hand it to me?" lol He clearly saw I was on crutches and he did come back. What the heck??

On 5mg of Ambien, I am still doing weird ****. I have this glass jar on my counter that has candles around it and potpourri in it. It's on the bar which extends into the kitchen. Apparently I moved it onto the kitchen counter and took the lid off. hahaha I fell asleep around 3am and slept until 1pm today. At least I slept. My night escapades always involve going into the kitchen. My orthopedists wouldn't give me anything else, so I will need to call my general. I definitely need something else.

I mailed my students Valentine's Day cards and was one short! Now I have to have someone go to the store and buy 1 Valentine's Day card. Had a ton of school work to do... after this week, the 3rd marking period starts and the sub is on her own. She's a friend, so I will still help her obviously but not day to day, like I have been doing. I had book club at 8pm. What a wild day. lol Tomorrow I have the hematologist.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread