Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2020, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Kiki, if you ever want to discuss the anxiety message me. I've always just been an anxious person and I've been able to manage the stress most of my life but last year it just got to a point where no matter what I would tell myself or attempt to settle down I just couldn't. Some of it was a hormonal imbalance but I did have to go on a very low grade anxiety med. It's helped, and therapy.
Thanks. That's where I am now. Thoughts go into my head, worries, and then I perseverate on them. This is all new to me. I had another panic attack at the doctor's office today. Worse than the other one. There were 3 times as many people waiting for Covid tests and it sent me over the edge. The nurse took my blood pressure mid panic attack (???) and it was 172/136. That's REALLY high. But then she let me calm down and retook it and it had come down. The doctor gave me a prescription for anxiety so I just need to decide if I want to fill it. My friend told me that it makes you gain weight. Great.. He asked me if I wanted something you take from time to time or something to take everyday. Then he stopped himself and looked at me still trying to catch my breath from hyperventilating and said... NEVER MIND, EVERY DAY. That made me laugh out loud.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
Sounds delicious.

I feel terrible for the parents that have to go to work... but I am not childcare. They need to figure it out. Thankfully, I trust my governor to do the right thing. We just don't know what it is right now.
No, you are not childcare, an argument I make often. But parents aren't teachers, and asking them to be is just as unfair. My sister pays my nephew to "teach" my niece. He barely passed it all when he was in elementary school, why would be a good choice to school her? Because 1. my sister doesn't want to do it and 2. and she's the VP of 3 countries for her job. She doesn't have the time. She's still working just as much, if not more, since she's been home since March. I don't have the answers, and I am certainly not suggesting that kids go back to school just so they have a place to go. How is my hairstylist, a single mom, supposed to work while her 3rd grader is home all day? There's no all day daycare to send him to. She works around his school schedule, but she can't have him at the salon all day. There are no easy answers. Her only income keeps a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. This whole thing just sucks!

That said, I have never ever felt the school yr or days and hours of school have ever been designed with our kids best interest in mind. It's always been what was most convenient for parents. If you took COVID out the equation, kids going two-three days a week and smaller class sizes would actually be really good for them. Teachers don't get paid enough for the jobs they do, that I know for sure.

I know you don't like RXs, but it seems like it might be a good choice for now. There are homeopathy remedies you can take, if you want something natural. I'm sorry you had another attack at the doctor.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sounds like.. "Lets sacrifice the teachers' health so we can go back to work. " Teachers save the economy, but allow business men and women to work from home, and lets even have meetings about going back on Zoom. No indoor dining, but 30 children with no masks eating in a 95 degree classroom NO PROBLEM! I don't know what the answer is either but during a pandemic teachers should not be called upon to save the economy. I KNOW I would jump in front of a bullet in a school shooting for my kids.. but knowingly going into school with little children who CANNOT social distance, and CANNOT keep their masks on, I am not willing to do unless forced. I can go on disability but thats 2/3 of my salary. Also sounds like online learning was not done the right way in many places. I have to say, my school did AMAZING and I worked twice as hard as I usually do. We have an even better plan in the works if we go full remote. How about our leaders put an end to the damn virus like the rest of the damn world has done? We are a joke. Why would a parent want their kids in a classroom with all those germs right now? It's insane to me.

And now you understand why my blood pressure is sky high and I am having panic attacks!
Old 07-30-2020, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Sounds like.. "Lets sacrifice the teachers' health so we can go back to work. " Teachers save the economy, but allow business men and women to work from home, and lets even have meetings about going back on Zoom. No indoor dining, but 30 children with no masks eating in a 95 degree classroom NO PROBLEM! I don't know what the answer is either but during a pandemic teachers should not be called upon to save the economy. I KNOW I would jump in front of a bullet in a school shooting for my kids.. but knowingly going into school with little children who CANNOT social distance, and CANNOT keep their masks on, I am not willing to do unless forced. I can go on disability but thats 2/3 of my salary. Also sounds like online learning was not done the right way in many places. I have to say, my school did AMAZING and I worked twice as hard as I usually do. We have an even better plan in the works if we go full remote. How about our leaders put an end to the damn virus like the rest of the damn world has done? We are a joke. Why would a parent want their kids in a classroom with all those germs right now? It's insane to me.

And now you understand why my blood pressure is sky high and I am having panic attacks!
NO one's health should be sacrificed. Especially our teachers. I agree, I don't think online was done well in many districts. It was all so new and no one had time to prepare. I'm amazed as much got accomplished as it did. I am always in awe of educators. You put up with a lot for little fiscal compensation. I know you love your kids and watching them grow and learn is its own reward. But a reward you cannot redeem at Starbucks. I get it.

I am worried about your blood pressure and panic attacks.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

And now my friend passed from leukemia. Is 2020 over yet?
Old 07-30-2020, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
And now my friend passed from leukemia. Is 2020 over yet?
Oh Kiki! I am so so sorry!
Old 07-30-2020, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ugh, Kiki, I'm sorry. It's all these little things that are happening that can just unknowingly add to the anxiety. You have so much going on.

Also, yes, some weight gain from the medication, not a ton, I had serious hunger pains randomly at like 5 or 6 every morning early on. It was weird.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had a friend recommended dragonberry rum. I ain’t mad at it.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Some of my extended family was about to head down to OBX for the next week to go and attend a wedding down there. 2020 taking no prisoners and the island is under evacuation order because it's int he hurricane's path. I'm kind of glad they're not going. I told them they have to quarantine for 14 days after getting back before they come up to the lake, but now that's not necessary. I feel awful for the bride and groom though. I guess in general it's just crazy to me that people are still going through with large weddings.

I had to officially RSVP "no" to the wedding I've been dreading saying no to going to for the last like half a year. I just don't feel comfortable being in any type of indoor setting where masks aren't required and there will be over 100 people. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable at a wedding with 30 people right now.

Had to take Nellie to the vet this morning for a follow up on her spay. Her incision was kind of bulging and then of course I googled and hernia popped up and then I freaked out. She's acting totally fine, by the way, just me being a helicopter parent. But apparently she's having a reaction to the internal sutures and she's all inflamed. I hope that's all it is.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hope she is okay. That happened to one of our dogs growing up. I still remember the vet being mad at us for allowing her to lay on the top steps of our pool. But in hindsight that probably had nothing to do with it. Chlorine cleans out everything.

My mom told me the other day she thinks about getting a dog. I told her I would do joint custody with her the way my brother and I do.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She continues to seem just fine. I don't feel like the injection they gave her to kind of decrease the swelling has done much but it doesn't bother her, so there's that.

Of course I'm leaving for a few days so I worry about her when I'm not here to monitor it but my mom will be on top of it.

Griswold is technically kind of a joint custody situation. He's mine but he'll be with my parents for periods of time too.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My friend's brother-in-law that I asked the advice about earlier this week died today. He was only 48, fought colon cancer for 19 months and left three children behind under the age of 16. As he championed the last time he took to the radio, get a colonoscopy. The new surgeon general recommendation is to start having them regularly at age 45.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
My friend's brother-in-law that I asked the advice about earlier this week died today. He was only 48, fought colon cancer for 19 months and left three children behind under the age of 16. As he championed the last time he took to the radio, get a colonoscopy. The new surgeon general recommendation is to start having them regularly at age 45.
That’s so sad. I would definitely send her a card now.

You have to do what you are comfortable with A. I think saying no to the wedding was the best call for you. I don’t think you would have had a good time if you said yes.

I’m glad the baby doesn’t need surgery. Hopefully, she’ll be better by the time you are back.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I did send her a message. The number of tributes to him on social media are so overwhelming. He was just such a good guy and my heart is broken for a family that was a huge part of my life growing up.

I cried a lot about it last night. It's a weird situation because I knew him through my friend but I really knew him through his job and on sports radio. He was on the morning show and part of my morning every morning. It's a big loss.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I did send her a message. The number of tributes to him on social media are so overwhelming. He was just such a good guy and my heart is broken for a family that was a huge part of my life growing up.

I cried a lot about it last night. It's a weird situation because I knew him through my friend but I really knew him through his job and on sports radio. He was on the morning show and part of my morning every morning. It's a big loss.
That leaves a big hole. I'm so sorry.

Y'all. Baby minion starts school on THURSDAY! I.can't.even! It's too soon! Also, what else are we doing to occupy our time? Nothing. He's almost done with his first reading assignment. He has to be done with it by Wednesday night. He does not appreciate having to read for retention vs reading for entertainment. We showed him how to take notes as he reads. He hates us. He really really loves the series he's reading for fun right now. He doesn't like being interrupted for school.

First world problem... we have a company here that will come to get my car, take it to change the oil, do an inspection, etc., and bring it back to me. When I called to schedule the services they said they couldn't come get it. I would have to bring it in and leave it ALL DAY, and then manage to get back to them when it was done. They started this service specifically because of COVID. I'm not sitting in their lobby for 8 hours, not do I feel I should have to uber home and back bc they are too busy to provide the service they advertise to provide. I'm annoyed. That is all. I need to change the oil, badly.

It rained today! That excites me. It was all cloudy and thundery and rumbley. Then it cleared off and has been really pretty. It's hot, but there's a nice cool breeze. So different than Dallas. I love it!

What have y'all done this weekend?