Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2020, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 56: Because We Sometimes Talk About Things Other Than Taylor

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I LOVE the salt water. Its so good for your skin and hair. Its been so rough lately, but apparently it was calm today, but of course I wasn't there.

I don't normally sweat... my face turns bright red though. It was just THAT hot yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Wax cubes or wax melts are scented wax that you heat up on the warmer and have no wick to light.

It rained tonight! Yay! It was hot here today! I hope the rain cools it off a bit.

A, I’m glad you got your hair done! That’s a great feeling. I would die with no A/C. Just die.

I have to spend some time this week getting baby minion organized for school. He starts August 6th!
Old 07-20-2020, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kayla, I may have missed where you talked about this. But is baby minion going back to school in person? Or is it just all virtual. Our kids here usually don't start until around Labor Day so they have some time to figure things out.

One night without AC is doable. It went from like 85 degrees in the house upstairs to 68 degrees when the storm moved through, so it definitely cooled it down, thank goodness.

I'm thinking about doing a week in Chicago. Like not really doing anything there other than maybe golfing but just going with my friend who is working remotely there for a week when she goes back. Just a change of scenery.

Baseball is back on Friday! I don't even care if it's my third favorite sport, I'm so happy sports is back.

I too turn into a giant tomato when it's hot, but I'm sweaty too. I used to be so self conscious of that when I was playing soccer growing up. I'm so fair and blonde hair and a bright red face after a game.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He’s going back in person, just one day a week.

It was cooler here tonight! It was 90 at 9, BUT we had a breeze, so it was pleasant. My AC lives at 72 and I have all the ceiling fans on and a second standing fan in my bedroom.

OM and I worked on the two remaining shelves for our living room. We will install them tomorrow. I am so excited!
I have enough plywood left to make more. We are going to try to do two shelves with 45 degree angles so they meet in a corner. If I leave the pieces the size they are, it’ll will be more like a desk than shelf. I’m hoping it works like we think it will.

Chicago will be fun! You should do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Kayla, I may have missed where you talked about this. But is baby minion going back to school in person? Or is it just all virtual. Our kids here usually don't start until around Labor Day so they have some time to figure things out.

One night without AC is doable. It went from like 85 degrees in the house upstairs to 68 degrees when the storm moved through, so it definitely cooled it down, thank goodness.

I'm thinking about doing a week in Chicago. Like not really doing anything there other than maybe golfing but just going with my friend who is working remotely there for a week when she goes back. Just a change of scenery.

Baseball is back on Friday! I don't even care if it's my third favorite sport, I'm so happy sports is back.

I too turn into a giant tomato when it's hot, but I'm sweaty too. I used to be so self conscious of that when I was playing soccer growing up. I'm so fair and blonde hair and a bright red face after a game.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel guilty about traveling, but it will literally be me and her, and she's already in my bubble, driving together. We'll be holed up in her apartment, possibly go to the driving range, possibly get takeout, possibly I'll just sit on her balcony and listen to the Cubs game/wander around the outside of Wrigley. That's like it. I feel like it's pretty low risk. Not like I'm getting on a plane.

The problem at my house is just upstairs. It's like a ten degree difference upstairs, it's always so much warmer up there. It's gotten better since I had insulation blown into the attic last year, but it's still warm. I sometimes go and sleep in one of the other bedrooms when it's super hot because for some reason my room is the warmest on the second floor.

They started optional summer school for Detroit schools this past week and there have been protestors outside the place where the buses are stored, daily, attempting to block them.

I'm going to dinner at an outside patio with a friend on Saturday for her birthday and then she's doing a virtual party via zoom that night. A pink-out. Which it has occurred to me that I own absolutely nothing that is pink.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Don't feel guilty about that. She's already in your bubble and you're being safe. It'll be a nice change of scenery. Who will watch the kids?

It's warmer upstairs for sure. Baby Minon's room seems the warmest. We all have ceiling fans though. Despite the temp, he sleeps buried in his sheets and blankets.

We installed the last two shelves. Now to figure out the desk I want...

OM has to write a 10-12 page paper for her 60s English class, she chose the comedian Lenny Bruce. We are now watching a movie about his life and Dustin Hoffman plays Lenny. She has to have 10 resources! The paper is basically a research paper and it has to be about someone/thing/group, etc. from the 60s and how they were an influence.

Quote:
I feel guilty about traveling, but it will literally be me and her, and she's already in my bubble, driving together. We'll be holed up in her apartment, possibly go to the driving range, possibly get takeout, possibly I'll just sit on her balcony and listen to the Cubs game/wander around the outside of Wrigley. That's like it. I feel like it's pretty low risk. Not like I'm getting on a plane.

The problem at my house is just upstairs. It's like a ten degree difference upstairs, it's always so much warmer up there. It's gotten better since I had insulation blown into the attic last year, but it's still warm. I sometimes go and sleep in one of the other bedrooms when it's super hot because for some reason my room is the warmest on the second floor.

They started optional summer school for Detroit schools this past week and there have been protestors outside the place where the buses are stored, daily, attempting to block them.

I'm going to dinner at an outside patio with a friend on Saturday for her birthday and then she's doing a virtual party via zoom that night. A pink-out. Which it has occurred to me that I own absolutely nothing that is pink.
An excuse to shop!

The writer who wrote the book about Penelope the dinosaur, that the kids and I love, has a new book about Penelope that dropped today! I am so excited.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need no excuse to shop! I need to stop shopping, for real. But, yeah, I'll probably end up at Target to find something cheap and then negate that cheaper item of clothing by buying tons of other stuff there that I don't need.

Did OM get her inspiration to do the paper on Lenny Bruce from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?

Nellie is actually being spayed tomorrow. I'm nervous. One of my coworkers lost a kitten during a spay not long ago. I know it's not common but the kitten had a hard defect and never came out of the anesthesia.

In between going to Chicago I'll be up at our cottage and I'll take Nellie and Griswold up there with me and leave them with my parents. Nellie likes it up there and it's easier to travel with a kitten obviously because they're so amiable. Sam stays home, will probably love the peace and quiet without Nellie and my brother will check in on him. Griswold obviously will be in heaven at the cottage, endless hours of fun with his ball in the lake:

Old 07-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I did an assignment in US history WAAAY back in high school. OM has to do an identical assignment for her English class. I dug up my assignment so she could use it for inspiration. It was literally in the LAST box. I don't want to talk about it. There were so many boxes!

I have Baby Minion 98% ready for school. All his books have either shipped or arrived. I only have his math left to sort out. I need to copy a few pages from his guide so he has them in his notebook. That's it! I am so excited! He has to start reading their first book, so he's done with it on the first day of class.

I finished Virgin River, a series on Netflix. It has so many actors from other series we've seen. I was going to watch it with OM, but she was taking too long. We've been watching Hart of Dixie together...we're 1/2 way through the last season. We need something else.

A, Yes! Her interest in Lenny Bruce came from watching MMM. We are seeing that a lot of the things Midge experiences were actually things Lenny experienced. Much of what she says on stage wouldn't be allowed yet. Lenny really paved the way for all modern comics by insisting that what he said on stage was protected under freedom of speech and that "obscene" was objective.

I'm sure Grizzy will love his vacation! I'm glad Nellie travels well. sending he happy vibes for her surgery and recovery.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Amanda, I'm glad you are going to Chicago and I hate that we are all having to confront our constant guilt about traveling and going to places that we've always gone to. I understand the hesitation, I understand all the reasons ... I'm just not fond of the guilt and shame part of these choices that we sometimes really need to make for ourselves. The change of scenery might feel great and if you are doing everything you should do to remain socially distant, go for it.

I've actually been pretty good with not shopping during this time. My credit cards are thanking me for sure ...
DaisyGirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

What did you think of Virgin River? I need something new...I mean case in point, I'm watching The Wall on NBC right now. It's oddly addicting.

I didn't do much shopping right away but there were a lot of pretty good deals being offered as of late and they're hard to ignore. I actually went to Costco today for the first time. They weren't limiting people, it felt kind of busy. I feel like most people aren't totally back to work so they're out more in the afternoon. Case in point me, who was in the office in the morning and then running errands in the afternoon. Our numbers here have kind of steadied and seeing everyone in a mask is really encouraging.

But then Michigan State had to suspend all their football activities today and quarantine all student athletes after two staff members and a player tested positive. I seriously can't see college football happening in five weeks.

I don't really feel guilty about Chicago, but I do feel like I have to justify it. But then I see some people who are hopping on planes and I'm like, "what are you doing?" A friend of mine was posting from Montana the other day...no clue why she's out there, but she hopped on a plane and is out there.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I liked it. It's cute. I feel like I know the characters, bc I've seen the actors in other shows.
Not that they are exactly like their other characters. It was renewed for a second season.

I just ordered Costo today. I should have it Sunday or Monday. They didn't have 2 things I usually get though, so I'll need to go in at some point. I order groceries today too. OM's bday is Tuesday and she decided on her menu so I needed to get a few things. I'll get them Sunday too and have time to get it all put away before my parents come on Monday.

Quote:
What did you think of Virgin River? I need something new...I mean case in point, I'm watching The Wall on NBC right now. It's oddly addicting.

I didn't do much shopping right away but there were a lot of pretty good deals being offered as of late and they're hard to ignore. I actually went to Costco today for the first time. They weren't limiting people, it felt kind of busy. I feel like most people aren't totally back to work so they're out more in the afternoon. Case in point me, who was in the office in the morning and then running errands in the afternoon. Our numbers here have kind of steadied and seeing everyone in a mask is really encouraging.

But then Michigan State had to suspend all their football activities today and quarantine all student athletes after two staff members and a player tested positive. I seriously can't see college football happening in five weeks.

I don't really feel guilty about Chicago, but I do feel like I have to justify it. But then I see some people who are hopping on planes and I'm like, "what are you doing?" A friend of mine was posting from Montana the other day...no clue why she's out there, but she hopped on a plane and is out there.
You don't need to justify doing something that's in your best mental health. Not you yourself or anyone else.

OM's English class is just weird. The professor had class at 4:20 bc today's music was psychedelic. I mean, I get why...but he has class at a different time each day. How is anyone supposed to schedule around his whims?
Old 07-25-2020, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I went to Costco specifically for their pool/lake floaties, but they were all sold out anyway. But of course that didn't stop me from stocking up on a bunch of low carb friendly treats and their chicken salad and chicken skewers and tzatziki sauce, my fav. And a bunch of other stuff I probably didn't need in huge amounts but got anyway. They didn't have paper towel...and I needed paper towel.

Going golfing again tomorrow. I think it's a rule now that whenever it's like 90+ I go golfing. It's just working out that way. I'm not looking forward to carrying my bag 9 holes in 95 degree heat.

Today was a good friend's birthday. I went to dinner/drinks with her (outside) and then it was nice, she had a zoom party this evening. She just moved back here from Nashville and all her Nashville friends were on the call, and I haven't met a ton of them so it was nice to finally meet them through zoom.

Nellie had her spay on Thursday and she'd been okay. The day I brought her home she was super loopy at first and then just hyper. The vet told me she'd crash but she just was going 100 miles a minute from the time I brought her home until bed. She was moving a bit slower yesterday and was sleepy, was more herself today but I noticed her incision was kind of hard to the touch...I don't know how to describe it, it doesn't look swollen but it's like lumpy. So being the helicopter pet parent that I am I have a call in to the vet to make sure this isn't something I should be worried about. I read that if a cat is super active post surgery it might just be swelling from that, which she was, or there's a possibility that she popped her internal sutures...I hope not.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Hopefully the baby is okay. I’m sure everything is normal.

Celebrating a birthday is almost normal!

We like Costco’s chicken salad. I need to pop in and now that’s on my list. I’m surprised they were out of pool stuff. I’d think they would have sold less of it this season and, if anything, have a surplus.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Their coconut clusters are my favorite.

She seems to be okay. The incision is still hard today and the vet hasn't gotten back to me, but she's hungry, she's playing, she's acting like herself so I'm going to guess whatever it is is normal?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

My upstairs is exactly 10 degrees warmer than my downstairs. I try to stay downstairs as long as I can and then drop the thermostat 2 degrees before going to bed. I also bought a Vornado fan from Costco. Its tiny and SOOO powerful. I can't even hear it at all but whenever I'm on the phone, everyone asks if I'm in the car or outside. Very strange.

Ive been watching the NWSL Challenge Cup. So weird seeing some of my niece's ex teammates/Clubmates playing in the pros now. The finals are on now. And Ive been able to get the Phillies games the last few days on some obscure cable channel. My cable company pulls more to the New York teams so I can't watch all the Phillies games. I do get Fox Philly so I get all the Eagles games, but my brother who lives 15 more minutes north, does not. I went to a softball tournament last weekend so I've had my sports fill.

6 members of the Rutgers football team tested positive for Covid this week so they have shutdown their training for 14 days. Ive seen the players out and about so they aren't in a bubble. What did they expect, I'm sure they aren't properly social distancing.

You should go to Chicago. Seems like you have a good plan. Do you have to work? I went to an outdoor concert last night but we could only bring one car. I made everyone wear a mask in the car... 8 people. And then when there, the band was so loud we had to scream in each other's faces to communicate so thats not good. Our numbers have been down. I check them every day and yesterday they were up like 150. I hope that doesn't continue. I have VERY nervous about going back to school. We still have some time here so we have no idea what is going to happen.

I have a ton of gift cards, like hundreds of dollars that I need to spend. Im just not an online shopper but I'm getting better at it. I ordered some ink and paper for my computer and got 5 new bras from Macys. One of which I need to return.

I only knew Lenny Bruce was a real person from the REM song... lol. I love his character on MMM. Id love to read that paper when she's done.

K - your son has to order his own books? Our school gives them out. Is it a public school?

Awww Griswold looks so happy but it must be a bitch keeping him clean with his long hair. Yesterday, we were trying to train Scoobs to swim for the steps incase he ever just fell in. So we put him in the water facing various ways and various places and put treats at the top of the stairs. He did really well! Every time we were all screaming GOOODDD BOY, YOU ARE SO SMART!!! lol He just loves the attention and then would go running around the yard for a victory lap. I don't know why we waited until he was 8 to teach him this.

I'm jealous that you've been golfing so much. I even asked my parents to go (they were both excellent golfers in their day) but my dad had shoulder surgery last year and can't really lift his arm. My friend that I used to golf with was actually here from North Caroline this week but it was just way too hot. She quarantined before coming so she could see her parents but I was still a little weary anyhow.

I remember when Scoobs was neutered. He was so loopy but it was so cute. He acts that way after every shot too.
Reply   Post New Thread