Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Loyal Fan

That's a bummer. My dog is picky and will only eat certain things but if I put that food down on the floor, he'll eat it .... he never doesn't eat.

Is giving the kitty this medication a short term thing or on-going?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Animals are so weird with their little quirks. I've had dogs that will eat anything, one that would eat anything but pretzels. My current dog, Griswold, he's super picky about just about everything including treats.

I believe it's going to be a rest of his life type of thing to regulate his thyroid. But I'll know more in three weeks when I have to take him back to the vet for follow up blood work to see where his levels are and how his kidney's are holding up.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Still cold and wet, but I felt better today. Could be hormonal? Twice, in the past 17 days my stomach hurt so bad I threw up. They were about 17 days apart. It takes a lot for me to puke. No other symptoms really. My stomach felt like it was on fire, purge, better. The first time I was hungry. The second time it woke me up in the middle of the night. I have no idea. Monday, I swore I was running a fever too. So weird.

My dog, that lives with my parents, won’t eat ppl food. We never gave it to him, and he doesn’t like it. My mom’s dog, LOVES popcorn! You can’t even say it around her or she will come looking for it. It’s hysterical.

Can you give Sam a treat with the pill? Maybe a spoonful of wet food? If he was a dog, I’d say bread or peanut butter...
Old 02-21-2020, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Still cold and wet, but I felt better today. Could be hormonal? Twice, in the past 17 days my stomach hurt so bad I threw up. They were about 17 days apart. It takes a lot for me to puke. No other symptoms really. My stomach felt like it was on fire, purge, better. The first time I was hungry. The second time it woke me up in the middle of the night. I have no idea. Monday, I swore I was running a fever too. So weird.
That is weird ... I sure hope it gets better soon. Are any of the kids experiencing similar symptoms???
Old 02-21-2020, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
That is weird ... I sure hope it gets better soon. Are any of the kids experiencing similar symptoms???
Nope. Just me. It's really weird. The first time I thought I was just overly hungry. Monday I thought food poisoning, but no one else was sick. The kids had eaten the same things as me. I do have some bad guac in the fridge...it tasted fine the first time (Monday), but not on Tuesday... maybe that was it? But, it was one time. If it was FP. I would think I would have vomited multiple times. My mom would call it mystery disease. We may never know.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If it's a repeat symptom...maybe an ulcer or gallbladder? I had an aunt who just had to have her gallbladder removed and she didn't realize how long she'd been just dealing with the symptoms. A lot of random stomach issues, she had huge gallstones when they went to take it out.

Sam's "treat" is generally just steamed chicken, and he takes such tiny bites, as soon as he'd attempt to bite into the pill he'd spit it out. It's just me v. him a few times a day. I have a few scratches for my effort.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I don't have my gallbladder. It was removed several years ago. Fun story. My liver ate it. The surgeon had to find it before he could remove it. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
If it's a repeat symptom...maybe an ulcer or gallbladder? I had an aunt who just had to have her gallbladder removed and she didn't realize how long she'd been just dealing with the symptoms. A lot of random stomach issues, she had huge gallstones when they went to take it out.

Sam's "treat" is generally just steamed chicken, and he takes such tiny bites, as soon as he'd attempt to bite into the pill he'd spit it out. It's just me v. him a few times a day. I have a few scratches for my effort.
So sad.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like so many people have their gallbladders removed. I have a few friends who had theirs taken out in their 20's, like unexplainable stomach problems are automatically probably gallbladder issues.

I'm into the second season of Man in the High Castle and I'm enjoying season 2 so much more. Also nice to see Taylor's friend Josh Pence randomly in an episode.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They usually will remove them when they drop to 70% function. Mine was misdiagnosed for 2 years, I had 11% function when they removed mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I feel like so many people have their gallbladders removed. I have a few friends who had theirs taken out in their 20's, like unexplainable stomach problems are automatically probably gallbladder issues.

I'm into the second season of Man in the High Castle and I'm enjoying season 2 so much more. Also nice to see Taylor's friend Josh Pence randomly in an episode.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

New thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread