Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! (a day late). I hope everyone had a good day.

I watched part of season one of Riverdale, but my viewing of season one actually coincided with Luke Perry's death and I couldn't bring myself to continue it and have never gone back.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm in the middle of Season 2 of Maisel and still loving it. BUT the parents are a little outrageous. I was excited because I loved Tony Schaloub in Monk, but here it is almost like Monk part II. A little disappointed with him. Love Susie.

I stopped watching Homeland after the 3rd or 4th season.

I have a 3 days weekend, which I am excited about. I slept 17 hours last night. Got in bed right after work yesterday and woke up around noon. I guess I needed it. Truth be told, I could get back in bed right now. I have birthday dinner plans with my family at 6 and then I can come home and get back in bed. lol Nothing else excited going on this weekend. It's freezing here as well. My friend in Milwaukee posted that it was -11 there yesterday!

I saw tons of commercials for Harriet on TV when it was coming out. I watch a lot of regular TV though, I feel like you guys do mostly streaming. I want to see it for sure. I don't know the actress's resume, but I do know that if she had won the Oscar, she would have an EGOT.
Old 02-15-2020, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Double post
Old 02-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy Birthday!

I wish I had a three day weekend, oh well. I actually have a doctors appointment Monday morning that will basically give me half a day.

And yeah, I don't watch a ton of network TV. If I'm not watching a streaming service then I'm either watching HGTV or whatever hockey/football/baseball game is on locally. Oh and the occasional episode of Dateline.

I liked all of the Mrs. Maisel seasons but I think I preferred the third season the most which might be a weird take. I didn't like the summer away from the city in season two.

I'm being lazy and watching Jack Ryan today, the ebola storyline is timely as those stories about the coronavirus possibly coming out of a lab in Wuhen gain steam.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:15 PM
New Fan

My main draw for RD was Luke, and it crushed me with the opening scene of season 4. But I also have a Chara crush on Jughead so for the lack of anything else to watch, I'm still watching it off and on just not as intently as I was when Luke was involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I have birthday dinner plans with my family at 6 and then I can come home and get back in bed. lol Nothing else excited going on this weekend. It's freezing here as well. My friend in Milwaukee posted that it was -11 there yesterday
Happy Birthday!

I can understand the whole lazy weekend thing I went to bed around 11:30 after rereading some of Waco last night and woke up around 9:45 AM had a cup of coffee and snack then unintentionally ended up crawling back into bed and sleeping til an hour and a half ago. Whoops but the way I see it, I wouldn't have done it if I didn't need it.

We've had flooding, and landslides or sinkholes happening around us, but nothing super freezing instead we've been above freezing with periods of light rain in *our* neighborhood. So we lucked out with no flooding or anything directly in our area but I feel bad for the people around us, or for those with super freezing temps. And here earlier last month I said it would've been fun to experience 10 or 11 degrees in our freak week of "Below freezing".
Old 02-15-2020, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's been a pretty mild winter here but we've still gotten a fair amount of snow. The windchill was really cold this morning, below zero, which of course I had to run an errand which required me to park and walk outside this AM, freezing.

I enjoyed what I saw of Riverdale, it was just bad timing that I couldn't go back to it with Luke's death. I like Lili Reinhart, she was so cute in Hustlers too.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy birthday Kiki! 39, right? Enjoy it!

I tried to sleep in this morning, but was up by 9:15. I was invited to a brunch today...it started at 9. That’s not brunch, that’s breakfast. Haha! I didn’t go.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the birthday wishes everybody. It was actually on Thursday, but I tutored until 9 that night so no celebrating. Had dinner with the fam. tonight and then ended up staying at the bar to watch the NBA dunk contest. Just got in. Tomorrow, dinner with the friends.

My dog had a stomach issue for 2 days last week. He rarely has any type of illness or problem so this was upsetting. He pooped in the house a few times which he has NEVER done. So since ShihTzu s are Chinese... yep.. We think it was the Coronavirus. I know, I know.. not funny.

Last edited by elherts; 02-15-2020 at 09:10 PM
Old 02-16-2020, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The little masks people are making for their pets in China are simultaneously hilarious and heartbreaking.

I gave up on season two of Jack Ryan. Maybe I'll go back to it. I just had it on but it's a tough show to binge without paying total attention because there are so many subtitles, I'm missing half the story if it doesn't have my total attention.

I started Man in the High Castle last night.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy Belated Birthday Kiki!!!! I hope the dog is feeling better ... I hate when furry friends get sick!!

I've been absent lately because I got my wish and went on a motorcycle ride this weekend. Drove to Palm Springs and spent the night in an AirBNB. It was sooo nice - I feel so lucky to have had the time away from home ... I needed a break.

By the way Amanda, speaking of AirBNB, what did you decide about the bachelorette party??

And, I agree, Jack Ryan absolutely does demand your focus and attention. I finished the first season of Fleabag and will start the second soon. Let us know how you like Man in the High Castle - I've been on the fence about that one lately ... not sure I'd like it or not.

Last edited by DaisyGirl14; 02-16-2020 at 03:55 PM
Old 02-16-2020, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Glad you had a nice getaway!

Really haven't decided on the bachelorette party still. It's still over two months away. I feel like I just need to de-commit.

I really don't know what to compare the Man in the High Castle to. It's this dystopian society where the Japanese control the west coast of the US while the Nazi's control the east coast, there's a "neutral" zone as well. It's various citizens/spies and government agents from both sides attempting to navigate their reality while uncovering truths...that's kind of what I'd describe it as without spoiling anything. I don't know about the production value, I feel like this kind of has an Outlander production (which is on Starz) vibe to it as opposed to something on say HBO. I think if this was something on HBO it would be a lot more popular and probably better...
Old 02-16-2020, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Man in high castle starts strong and fizzles for me. I like it, but I think the storylines get weird. I dunno. It was pretty popular when it started, but season 3 took a loooong time to come out, I feel it lost its momentum.

I’ve been reading stories from OM creative writing class. They are hysterically bad. Of the 10 we’ve read, only two have been good. A few have potential. Some are downright awful. It’s entertaining me, so there’s that.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I’ve been reading stories from OM creative writing class. They are hysterically bad. Of the 10 we’ve read, only two have been good. A few have potential. Some are downright awful. It’s entertaining me, so there’s that.
Welcome to my world. Now grade them. I love when parents ask why their child's grade was low, and I show them a good piece to compare. They are shocked.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm in season two of Man in the High Castle and I think I need a break already. But that was also after I realized that The Americans is on Amazon and I need to watch that all the way through.

I should have just taken today off. I had a dermatologist appointment this morning for an annual skin check but my cat, Sam, wasn't feeling great yesterday and I woke up this morning and he was still having tummy troubles so I had to get him to the vet after my doctors appointment. I signed in to the vet at 10:40 as a walk-in...no joke, I did not leave the vet until 3:00 p.m. It was ridiculous. $500 later, I might have to take him back tomorrow for an ultrasound. The vet is pretty sure he has a tumor or an enlarged lymphnode in his stomach after taking xrays. He's 15...I mean I know he can't live forever but he's always been so healthy. This is gonna be so hard if it is something that isn't treatable.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Ugh. I hope your cats okay. That's the worst feeling in the world because they can't tell you what is wrong.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread