Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2020, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a high school friend in town, I’m meeting her on Thursday. I love being here! I’ve seen more ppl since I moved than I ever did in Dallas. Dallas is supposed to shut down tomorrow. Snow is in the forecast. It’s not going to get that cold here though. Business as usual.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I see more of my friends when I'm in Chicago then I do when I'm home just because so many of them moved there after college and put down roots though a few have moved back to the Detroit area.

It was so nice on Sunday and Monday, in the 50's and sunny. We hadn't seen the sun here in about 10 days, it was a long stretch. It's only in the 20's today though and we're supposed to get snow overnight. I'm not complaining, this winter has been so mild.

I feel like I'm getting sick...I can't decide if it's just allergies and the weekend and lack of sleep catching up to me or I'm actually getting sick. I'm so tired and I worked out the last two nights and I'm SO sore.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Loyal Fan

It was warm here a lot last week - quite nice actually - but the temperature has very suddenly dropped significantly. No bad weather per se, just seasonably cold (for Venice, that about 45 degrees).

I think I might be the only person who did not see the Super Bowl halftime show. Although I was at a party to watch the game, I volunteered with another girlfriend to go out during the halftime and get some more food/ice for the party. We missed the whole thing. I'm not really a Shakira/J Lo fan anyway so I did't really care but I have read a lot about how people have reacted. My only reaction is "its always something."

I finally watched the latest episode of The Outsider last night (I think it was episode 5) and it kinda freaked me out a little. I woke up in the middle of the night dreaming about that show - probably because I watched it right before bedtime. It was not fun. I don't think I'll stop watching it because I really want to know what happens - I'll just stop watching it before I go to bed.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Outsider has definitely started to travel into the otherworld/supernatural territory which I'm usually not a huge fan of. I was hoping for a straight murder mystery but that's not happening with Stephen King. I still really like it and I think because of the performances of Ben and Cynthia. I need to rewatch the last episode, I was super tired and could barely stay awake when watching it.

There's a new show on Netflix "The Stranger" that I'm interested in checking out, but I inadvertently signed up for a Prime free trial yesterday so I'm going to try to knock out some of the shows I've been wanting to watch. I started Fleabag late last night and of course fell in love with it. I knew I would. What other shows are on Prime? I know I need to watch Marvelous Ms. Maisel, The Boys...what else is on there that I'm missing?

I still haven't watched the entire halftime show. I don't really have any interest but most of the time the halftime shows are disappointments for me. I loved Beyonce's and Bruno Mars...and I'm generally not a fan of either, but they were great.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
There's a new show on Netflix "The Stranger" that I'm interested in checking out, but I inadvertently signed up for a Prime free trial yesterday so I'm going to try to knock out some of the shows I've been wanting to watch. I started Fleabag late last night and of course fell in love with it. I knew I would. What other shows are on Prime? I know I need to watch Marvelous Ms. Maisel, The Boys...what else is on there that I'm missing?
The Jack Ryan show is pretty good (most because I think John K is pretty hot) and my guy and I started watching Carnival Row (with Orlando Bloom) last week. He plays an inspector investigating a serial killer but it takes place in a sort of Sherlock Holmes era fantasy-like world so you might not like it.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
The Jack Ryan show is pretty good (most because I think John K is pretty hot) and my guy and I started watching Carnival Row (with Orlando Bloom) last week. He plays an inspector investigating a serial killer but it takes place in a sort of Sherlock Holmes era fantasy-like world so you might not like it.
I saw Carnival Row on there...I think the other one that I've heard about for years that I should probably watch is Man in the High Castle.

Jack Ryan, that's another one. Does it have a Bourne movie feel or Bodyguard (on Netflix) feel to it?
Old 02-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I saw Carnival Row on there...I think the other one that I've heard about for years that I should probably watch is Man in the High Castle.

Jack Ryan, that's another one. Does it have a Bourne movie feel or Bodyguard (on Netflix) feel to it?
Probably a little mix of both.(???)

Never heard of Man in the High Castle - I'll check that one out too.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Probably a little mix of both.(???)

Never heard of Man in the High Castle - I'll check that one out too.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well that's kind of the answer I was looking for. I like both the movie and that series.

Man in the High Castle is basically about a dystopian society and if WWII would have turned out differently.

I'm getting sick and I hate it. Sucking down vitamin C and fluids to hopefully stop whatever this is.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Man in the High Castle is good. I’ve seen the first 2 seasons. OM wants to watch it, so I have to wait, rewatch those seasons, and then watch the third season.

Quote:
Well that's kind of the answer I was looking for. I like both the movie and that series.

Man in the High Castle is basically about a dystopian society and if WWII would have turned out differently.

I'm getting sick and I hate it. Sucking down vitamin C and fluids to hopefully stop whatever this is.
I hate that you are getting sick.

It snowed here last night! Taylor missed it! There was nothing on the streets or sidewalks. It was only visible in the places that had shade; as one would expect of snow in central Texas.

I watched the Goop Lab series. I have opinions!
Old 02-06-2020, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It snowed here too! Not too bad actually, much less than they were calling for thank goodness.

I'm very much sick. I was on the phone with a client and she said and I quote, "oh, you sound bad" well thank you. I can't talk without coughing and of course people don't say, oh, well give me a call when you feel better...I just have to keep talking and keep coughing.

I watched the Taylor Swift documentary and ran through the first season of Fleabag. I don't really have an opinion on Taylor one way or another but I thought her openness about her eating disorder and issues with food was the best way I've heard it articulated by a celebrity. Very relatable.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
It snowed here too! Not too bad actually, much less than they were calling for thank goodness.

I'm very much sick. I was on the phone with a client and she said and I quote, "oh, you sound bad" well thank you. I can't talk without coughing and of course people don't say, oh, well give me a call when you feel better...I just have to keep talking and keep coughing.

I watched the Taylor Swift documentary and ran through the first season of Fleabag. I don't really have an opinion on Taylor one way or another but I thought her openness about her eating disorder and issues with food was the best way I've heard it articulated by a celebrity. Very relatable.
I keep seeing the trailer for it. It looks good.

Goop Lab... A lot of the negative stuff I was seeing was in regard to the subject matter. She does the first episode on the benefits of using mushrooms for therapy... not mainstream. They film like 5 of her employees high in Jamacia under a "guided" experience where the therapists are tripping too... do with that what you will.

I thought the episode about using cold to have a stronger immune system was fascinating. I was totally on board with the energy work episode too. I've been using the emotion code for over 3 years now to deal with physical pain and blocked emotions.

Rolling Stone hit her pretty hard for being irresponsible. Whoever wrote the article was very pro-Western medicine.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I finished Fleabag in two days and loved every second of it.

I've moved on to The Boys and I'm surprised it's so racy but I'm liking it. It's not the kind of show I'd usually watch.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of doing nothing and trying to recover from this cold.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Loyal Fan

I've heard a lot of great things about Fleabag - its next on my list, after I finish Goop.

Kayla: We missed you last night but I definitely understand that traffic can really disrupt one's schedule. It took me an hour and 45 minutes to drive home today from Malibu. Which, if you don't know LA, is really only about 18 miles from Venice - I know Austin traffic sucks, but LA is no picnic either.

Amanda: I'm glad you don't have much planned this weekend - definitely rest and get better.

Last edited by DaisyGirl14; 02-07-2020 at 09:01 PM
Old 02-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The best cure for the common cold is not to have to shovel snow in 20 degree weather, but gotta do what you gotta do. I actually feel better, just still sound terrible.

Fleabag was so great...I'm going to watch it again. It's such a quick series too because the episodes are so short. I think I actually preferred the second season, it was so good.

I'm liking The Boys, I thought Chace would be more involved but he's definitely just a supporting character. I like the flawed/anti hero superhero thing they've got going on.

I can't imagine LA traffic. Here I bitch about having to get downtown during rush hour which can take an hour...it usually takes me between 25 to 30 minutes to get home from work which is only 8 miles away but it's all one lane roads mostly which is why it takes so long.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread